• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Quotes

Reaction score
This thread is here to showcase and share various quotes from various games. They can be funny, serious, inspiring, or just random. Try to include tha character and/or game you got the quote from. Don't spam memetic quotes.

"Yeah I don't know uh kick ass? Uh awesome? Uh...... STEVE!" -Crypto in Destroy all humans: path of the furon.

"It's just like one of my Japanese animes" - actual quote from Otacon, Metal Gear Solid.

"On my kingdom...shine the light of justice...
—Igos du Ikana, King of Ikana (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)

"Me, I am but a tearful clown. Though I smile, I cry inside."
—Clown NPC (DPPt)

"Stay awhile, and listen."
—Deckard Cain (Diablo II)

"X-Men, welcome to die!"
—Magneto (X-Men Arcade)

"You spoony bard!"
—Tellah (Final Fantasy II)

"You're to slow"- Sonic, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

And in responce to that: "No... Oh Gods no..."-Lucina, Fire Emblem: Awakening.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
—Toa Tahu, Mata Nui Online Game

"Did you know that there are 49,152 pixels on this screen? I know this because I've counted every one of them waiting for you to do something!"
—Daffy Duck, Looney Tunes: Duck Amuck

"Shepard"
"Grunt"
"Shepard"
"Wrex"
"Commander Shepard"
"Grunt"
"Shepard"
"Wrex"

-Mass Effect 3
Citadel DLC

"ASSUMING CONTROL."
- Harbinger, Mass Effect 2

"The thunderstorm ... begins."
- Helix, Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour

"You fuck young boys, Valdez!?"
- Cole Phelps, L.A. Noire

"So who are we guarding it from? The wild pigs? The seagulls? Really pissed-off starfish!?"
- Random mercenary, Far Cry 2004

"Don't look down on me!"
- Ricken, Fire Emblem: Awakening

"Yush!"
- Dr. Eggman, Sonic Adventure 2

'Pick a god and pray'-Frederick, Fire Emblem Awakening

This a million times. <3 I love Frederick so much, he's my favorite in the game and my Avatar's hubby. x3

I also like these lines from Fire Emblem:

"Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!" - Shinon, Radiant Dawn (just LFMAO! XD)

"As for your future, it can kiss my big brown Feroxi arse" - Basilio, Awakening (again, major LOL!)

"HOT DEATH COMIN' THROUGH!" - Basilio again, this guy is amazing. XD

"Shinon wouldn't say that he smelled smoke if I was on fire." - Ike in Radiant Dawn. I love Ike to pieces too. lol

"What'd you say, dirtbag?" - Boyd, Path of Radiance. This guy is so funny! I also love his fights with Rolf in Radiant Dawn. :p

Any conversation between Ike and Aimee is just pure gold. lol

And that's all I can think of right now, though Luigi makes me laugh constantly in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon in his little cutscenes. XD

"Gatrie, I swear you'd hit on a tree if I dressed it in a skirt! Tell me I'm wrong!" - Shinon, Radiant Dawn (just LFMAO! XD)

That line gets me every time! XD

As for my contribution:

"They say curiosity killed the cat. But I don't see any cats around, so... OUCH! Well I guess that's purr for the course." - Luke, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

I'm bad at remembering quotes so here's two that I've liked a lot (and have easy access too, COUGH) from Virtue's Last Reward.

"Well, I'm not Superman, that's for sure. And I'm not Batman, or Spiderman, or Aquaman, or a merman, or a wolfman. I'm not a brahman, or common, or ramen. I'm not a caiman either, so you don't really need to worry about anything. My name is Phi. I guess you could say... I am no man." -- Phi's introduction, Virtue's Last Reward.

"I can wait to get out of here and back to my, uh, grandpa videos." -- Tenmyouji, Virtue's Last Reward.

"There is a ninety percent chance that the Sacred Flame is within this volcano. I suggest you search for flames."-Fi, Zelda: Skyward Sword.

I could flood this thread with Max Payne quotes but I'll try and pick just one.

"After Y2K, the end of the world had become a cliché. But who was I to talk, a brooding underdog avenger alone against an empire of evil out to right a grave injustice. Everything was subjective. There were only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you."

Portal 1 said:
GlaDOS: Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals. In layman's terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out.

GLaDOS: Have I lied to you?
[pause]
GLaDOS: ... I mean, in this room?

GlaDOS: Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said "Goodbye" and you were like
GlaDOS: [in a deep male voice] "No way!"
GlaDOS: [normal voice] And then I was all "We pretended we were going to murder you?" That was great!

GLaDOS: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party that all your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, the Companion Cube. Of course, he couldn't come because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come, either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file: "Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter, unlikable loner, whose passing shall not be mourned. Shall NOT be mourned." That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted, so that's funny, too.

GLaDOS: When I said "deadly neurotoxin," the "deadly" was in massive sarcasm quotes. I could take a bath in this stuff. Put it on cereal, rub it right into my eyes. Honestly, it's not deadly at all... to *me*. You, on the other hand, are going to find its deadliness... a lot less funny.

GLaDOS: Well, you found me. Congratulations. Was it worth it? Because despite your violent behavior, the only thing you've managed to break so far... is my heart. Maybe you could settle for that, and we'll just call it a day. I guess we both know that isn't going to happen.

GLaDOS: That thing you burned up isn't important to me; it's the fluid catalytic cracking unit. It makes shoes for orphans... nice job breaking it, hero.

Portal 2 said:
GLaDOS: [waking up] Oh. It's *you.*
Wheatley: [shocked, to Chell] You *know* her?
GLaDOS: It's been a long time. How have you been? I've been *really* busy being dead. You know, after you MURDERED ME?
Wheatley: You did WHAT?

GLaDOS: Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: "A horrible person." We weren't even testing for that. Don't let that horrible-person thing discourage you. It's just a data point. If it makes you feel any better, science has now validated your birth mother's decision to abandon you on a doorstep.

GLaDOS: I feel awful about that surprise. Tell you what, let's give your parents a call right now.
[phone dialing and ringing; in a stranger, lower voice]
GLaDOS: The birth parents you are trying to reach do not love you. Please hang up.
[Dial tone; normal voice]
GLaDOS: Oh, that's sad. But impressive. Maybe they worked at the phone company.

GLaDOS: You look ugly in that jumpsuit. That's not my opinion; it's right here on your fact sheet. They said on everyone else it looked fine, but on you, it looked hideous. But still what does an old engineer know about fashion? Oh, wait, it's a she. Still, what does she know about - oh, wait. She has a medical degree. In fashion. From France.

I love GLaDOS if you couldn't tell. :p

"What's 0+2?" - a dialog option in Devil Survivor that sometimes appears when increasing someone's clock from 0 to 2.

It always cracks me up when I see that as an option. Too bad I never choose that, but someday I will just for giggles.

Back
Top Bottom