• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Quotes

Dark Pit: "Then it's time."
Pit: "Time for what?"
DP: "Our pre-boss-battle rallying cry!"
P: "Oh, right. OK. Ahem. Filth of the land, hear our words!"
DP: "And see our actions!"
P: "I am Pit, servant of the goddess of light!"
DP: "And I am Dark Pit, servant to no other but myself!"
both: "Together we will rain death upon you!"
DP: "So, anyone who wants to die, step right up!"
P: "And anyone who doesn't want to die, too bad!"
both: "Aw, yeah!"

Pit and Dark Pit's, ahem, pre-boss-battle rallying cry, from Kid Icarus: Uprising

"Again today I will go soaring through the sky!
My enemies, I'll dish 'em up in a stir-fry!
Gracious goddess of light
watches from up above!
At dinnertime I always show the cook some love!"

Pit's song when exiting the door at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Lunar Sanctum," Kid Icarus: Uprising

"Actually, I go by Thanatos now. The extra 'H' is for 'HAMAZING!'" Thanatos, correcting the original game's translation error of his name, Kid Icarus: Uprising

And pretty much everything that comes out of Hades's mouth in that game.

"Hold on, tiny wooden mother, I'm coming!"-Lucina,Fire Emblem: Awakening

Just thought I should mention that it's "tiny wooden father," not "tiny wooden mother." ...Just saying.
I looked it up.It's tiny wooden Mother.Would've been better if it was father,though.

Proof.

"Oh, I get it...This is a joke. And when I put my boot through your face - that's the punchline." Sully, Fire Emblem:Awakening

"Oh, I get it...This is a joke. And when I put my boot through your face - that's the punchline." Sully, Fire Emblem:Awakening

Probably one of her best lines. Speaking of FE:A...

"Ready to hit the hay, <avatar name>? Me too." -Donnel in barracks when the player is playing late at night.

It's boring on its own, but when paired with this quote from the same place and time frame but from Miriel...

"Hey <avatar name>. Why do folks say "hit the hay"? I don't punch hay."

Last edited:

Probably one of her best lines. Speaking of FE:A...

"Ready to hit the hay, <avatar name>? Me too." -Donnel in barracks when the player is playing late at night.

It's boring on its own, but when paired with this quote from the same place and time frame but from Miriel...

"Hey <avatar name>. Why do folks say "hit the hay"? I don't punch hay."

Yeah, I've seen that one before. Still funny though. Keeping with the FE:A theme:

"I'm a hex of a lot stronger now, GET IT?" Henry, when levelling up.

"I think that's strong enough.Bulk is...tacky."Inigo,Fire Emblem:Awakening
"I trust this proof will suffice."-"Marth",Fire Emblem:Awakening
"Game over!"-Morgan,Fire Emblem:Awakening
And finally,the best crit. quote,saved for last:
"Pick a god and pray!"-Frederick,Fire Emblem:Awakening

"After you walk into a village, and you see fifty children, all sitting neatly in a row against the church wall, each with their throats cut and their hands chopped off, you realize that the creature that could do this doesn't have a soul." - Niko Bellic (GTA IV)

The line delivery was chilling to the bone.

Oga boga thread revivea.

"For Shovelry!" - One of the many quotes that can play upon entering a stage in Shovel Knight.

Some quotes form Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

"You agreed to stay away!"
"I lied, as I have from the very beginning."
"You never planned to destroy the emperor."
"Not with you, no."

Galen Marek and Darth Vader

"He is dead."
"Then he is now more powerful than ever. He was meant to root out the rebels. His sacrifice will only inspire them."
"But now we know who they are. I will hunt them down and destroy them. As you always intended, master."
"You must be relentless, Lord Vader. If even a single rebel survives, this alliance we have unwittingly created will be our undoing."

Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine

Last edited:
Stay a while stay forever

____Professor Elvin Atombender____Impossible Mission Commodore 64____

'The air smells damp and oppressive, like a wet nun'

-Narrator, Space Quest 1

One of the dumbest, but funniest analogies I've heard.

"Think global! That's how the world's going. Otherwise, you won't be able to survive in this tough world. Yep, I'm probably the only one in my age group concerned about it!"
- a kid in Mauville city

I've said many a similar thing in real life myself. I think I'm the only one my age who's worried about anything. .-.

"Now you're on my time, you little skunk! GIVE ME THE CRYSTALS!"
~Doctor Nefarious Tropy, Crash Bandicoot Warped

Anything and everything out of Deadpool's mouth in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but especially the stuff he says at the beginning of and during his 4th Wall Crisis hyper combo:
"Boop-boop-be-doop~ *mwah*" (the opponent attacks) "HEALTH BAR IN YOUR FACE! Feel the looove of the hyper combo! And it's a hoooooooome run! (sing-song) This is the hyper com-bo~"

Also anything and everything out of Carl "CJ" Johnson's mouth in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas whenever you run into someone's vehicle (or someone runs into you). e.g. "What kinda license you got, a fishing license?" "Ah, you asshole, mah shit!" "Are you a professional moron, or just a gifted amateur?" "I'm gon' need you to apologize, bitch!" (Yes, I'm a girl and I love Grand Theft Auto. Bite me. [except for Vice City, Liberty City Stories and IV... Vice City was meh, and LCS and IV were duuullll])

Also from CB Warped, absolutely everything Dingodile says. That guy is my favourite boss in the whole friggin' series, I am not even kidding. He also provides quite the challenge, even if you do know what you're doing. (not as much as Cortex though... uuuugh that fight took me forEVER kjdsfhkjsldfhlk)

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on — — the Champion is waiting."
~Karen, GSC/HGSS (because it is so, so, so true, at least in my eyes... which is part of why I will never really be interested in the whole competitive battling/tournament scene thingamajig because I REALLY do not see the point; not interested in natures and the like either because I think a Pokémon just... is what it is, I guess... idk how to put this, I'm not good with words OTL)

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on — — the Champion is waiting."
~Karen, GSC/HGSS (because it is so, so, so true, at least in my eyes... which is part of why I will never really be interested in the whole competitive battling/tournament scene thingamajig because I REALLY do not see the point; not interested in natures and the like either because I think a Pokémon just... is what it is, I guess... idk how to put this, I'm not good with words OTL)

This. This. THIS.
I actually have an emotional attachment to the Pokemon I use, and just can't view them as numbers. And my friend makes fun of me all the time for this, so, yeah. I thought I might be the only one.

(SNIP)

This. This. THIS.
I actually have an emotional attachment to the Pokemon I use, and just can't view them as numbers. And my friend makes fun of me all the time for this, so, yeah. I thought I might be the only one.

Ahhhhh, same same same with the emotional attachment (that's why I nickname them, after all [except the legendaries because it doesn't feel right renaming them]) and thinking I was the only one! I am so so so SO happy to find someone who agreeees <333

Anyway, another quote I like/find funny is this one:
"All's well that ends well, right?"
~Miles "Tails" Prower, Sonic Adventure (aaand cue Fastest Thing Alive: "THE CITY'S BEEN FUCKING DESTROYED!" Ah, Hellfire Commentaries...)

Last edited:
"AHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!"
– Noire, Fire Emblem Awakening, when about to land a critical hit/when activating a skill

"I'll kick yer sorry arse so hard you'll kiss the moons!" - Kid from Chrono Cross

"You all know the mission, and what is at stake. I have come to trust each of you with my life -- but I have also heard murmurs of discontent. I share your concerns. We are trained for espionage; we would be legends, but the records are sealed. Glory in battle is not our way. Think of our heroes; the Silent Step, who defeated a nation with a single shot. Or the Ever Alert, who kept armies at bay with hidden facts. These giants do not seem to give us solace here, but they are not all that we are. Before the network, there was the fleet. Before diplomacy, there were soldiers! Our influence stopped the rachni, but before that we held the line! Our influence stopped the krogan, but before that, we held the line! Our influence will stop Saren; in the battle today, we will hold the line!"
- Captain Kirrahe, Mass Effect. Definitely the most inspiring speech in a video game.

"WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOORR?!"
-Zero, Mega Man X4

Ah, the magic of bad '90s English voice acting. And speaking of unintentionally hilarious bits of VAing...

"YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"
~Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Smash Bros. Brawl (thank you, Jason Griffith...)

Back
Top Bottom