• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Quotes

"YOU SPOONY BARD"
-Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
Greatest example of terrible translation ever

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!"
– Noire, Fire Emblem Awakening, when about to land a critical hit/when activating a skill

All of the critical quotes are great, but I particularly love Gregor's. "Your jigging is up!"

“September 28th. Daylight. The monsters have overtaken the city. Somehow, I’m still alive… “ - Jill, Resident Evil 3

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! " - Dracula, Castlevania Symphony of the Night

"I’d like you to stop pouting. This pirate ship is the only way for us to get to the Dread Isle. I thought you understood that. Was I mistaken?"-Hector,Fire Emblem:The Blazing Sword

Dart:"Give me a hand, will you? I don’t know where to…grab her."

Lyn:"…OK."

Hector:"Such the gentleman."

Dart:"Stow it!"
-Dart asking Lyn to help carry an unconscious Ninian in Fire Emblem:The Blazing Sword

I love this game.You don't know how many good quotes Hector has.Most of those are sarcastic and/or he's talking to Lyn.

"Change is only good if it makes things better." Bonnie McFarlane, Red Dead Redemption

"Did you think a little thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?" Sabin Rene Figaro, Final Fantasy 6

"'ABOOT'?! I DON'T EVEN SOUND THAT CANADIAN!" Trevor Phillips, Grand Theft Auto 5

"Hold on, tiny, wooden mother! I'm coming!" Lucina, Fire Emblem Awakening

"What game is this, where every player on the board claims the same pawn?" Raziel, Legacy of Kain Defiance

"BEHOLD MY TRUE FORM AND DESPAIR!" Dracula, Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Leonardo: Are you sure we can't work this out in a nonviolent way, lass?
Nowi: We could be playmates.
Leonardo: Uh... that might be going a little too far.
Nowi: Fine. Violence it is!

-Fire Emblem: Awakening, Smash Brethren 3 DLC

This is just one of many reasons why I love Nowi: she's just too cute. Then again, I am not sure if I want to know what game she was going to play with Leo... :uhoh:

Last edited:
(Quoter's note: This is translated, via subtitles, from the character's usual means of communication: insane laughter.)

"You crazy enough to race me? I'll show you wild driving! Last one across the finish line is a rotten brain!"
~Ripper Roo, Crash Team Racing

"I'm gonna kill you, and all the cake is gone... You don't even care, do you?"

"Okay, look: We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret, but I think we can put our differences behind us; for science... you monster. "GLaDOS - Portal

"It's my big chance! (clickclickclick) This is trouble." Defective Turret Portal 2

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I've always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate...If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!" Zero, Megaman Zero 4

"It's not over until I teabag every last one of you alien motherf***kers." Sam Stone, Serious Sam

"Ain't that a surprise, I got a gun." CJ, GTA San Andreas

"I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture". Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

"Black Widow, I think we've known each other long enough for me to ask. Are you putting on weight?" Deadpool, Marvel Ultimate Alliance

"That was close, you were almost a Jill sandwich." Barry, Resident Evil

"Hey! Yeah, you! I'm down here busting my ass while you sit on yours watching me jump around? How is that fair?"
~Deadpool, Marvel vs. Capcom 3

"*laughs* I'm sorry. This is the part where I'm supposed to be angry. Full of rage. Incensed beyond belief. Once again, you have outsmarted and outspun my best henchmen. I should be rather upset, shouldn't I? *Uka Uka takes over* And in fact, we're FURIOUS! But it seems you have overlooked one small detail, you little orange delivery boy. Now that you've gathered all the crystals, all we have to do... IS TAKE THEM FROM YOU!"
~Doctor Neo Cortex and Uka Uka, Crash Bandicoot Warped

"For the Shaolin!"
~Kung Lao, Mortal Kombat (2011)

"Alvis... YOU B*****D!!!"-Sigurd,Fire Emblem:Genealogy of the Holy War Sigurd,you mad bro?

"You talk for hours with Sigurd, but you won't even spare a moment with your son!"-Levin,Fire Emblem:Genealogy of the Holy War

"Great. Now you owe me four favors."-Matthew,Fire Emblem:The Blazing Sword

"Hey, you! Yes, you, the grim-faced one!"-Farina,Fire Emblem:The Blazing Sword

"Not... bloody... likely..."-Matthew,Fire Emblem:The Blazing Sword

And how about a Kent x Lyn one,hm?
"I am here for you. Even were I not a knight, even if you not my lady, my heart would not change."-Kent,Fire Emblem:The Blazing Sword

"My slimeball sense is tingling."
~Spider-Man, opening quote vs. Albert Wesker, Marvel vs. Capcom 3

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh... IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
~Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

"D'oh, I missed!"
~Wario, Mario Party 1 through 3 (in Mario Party 4, this is instead Peach's miss quote)

"Hahaha! Magneto! Welcome to die!"
~Deadpool (who else), opening quote vs. Magneto, Marvel vs. Capcom 3

"D'oh, I missed!"
~Wario, Mario Party 1 through 3 (in Mario Party 4, this is instead Peach's miss quote)
:unworthy:peach continues the legacy for at least one game.

"Suffer long and it will set you free!
Only through trial do we find the strength we need
It's never over just another day
Of hope and tragedies and everything that comes our way"
-A part of "All Hail Shadow",one of the best themes in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06.

"I am but a tearful clown. Though I smile, I cry inside."
—Clown NPC from DPPt (I believe he gives you the Coin Case)

MY favorite video game quote. Simple, yet tragic.

I find the lack of Star Fox 64 quotes disturbing. Let's fix that.

"DO A BARREL ROLL! (Z or R twice!)"
"You're becoming more like your father"
"Can't let you do that, Star Fox"

"WHAAAAAT?!!" -Sora & co., Kingdom Hearts II.

It's like the developers saw how convoluted the story had become and just reveled in it with this line.

971axf.jpg

fsxlf.jpg

2jcxy51.jpg

Compa and IF. Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Back
Top Bottom