• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Quotes

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Russian Glowcaps part(1/2)
Para-Medic: I see you've found some Russian glowcaps. The Russian glowcap is kind of luminescent fungus - a mushroom that glows in the dark.

Snake: Why would a mushroom glow in the dark?

Para-Medic: It's bioluminescent, just like a firefly. It uses the so called luciferin-luciferase reaction. To put it simply, luciferin reacts with luciferase in the presence of magnesium two plus ions, breaking it down into oxyluciferin and carbon dioxide. The carbonyl groups in the oxyluciferin are initially in an electrically excited state. When they return to their base state, they give off light. Did you get all that?

Snake: Not really.

Para-Medic: Oh.

Snake: By the way, does that mushroom recharge your batteries when you eat it?

Para-Medic: Huh?

Snake: I mean, it seems like if you ate a glowing mushroom, it might recharge your batteries or something.

Para-Medic: Snake, your batteries are organic batteries. They produce electricity by utilizing the potential difference between cells. Organic batteries are known for their highly efficient energy conversion, but they still rely on chemical reactions between proteins and enzymes to...

Snake: So you're saying they'll get recharged?

Para-Medic: Believe what you want.

Snake: Great!

Russian Glowcaps part(2/2)
Snake: Para-Medic.

Para-Medic: What's up?

Snake: You were right.

Para-Medic: About what?

Snake: I ate a Russian Glowcap and it charged up my batteries.

Para-Medic: Huh!?

Snake: What's wrong?

Para-Medic: I, uh... that's... that's great! Um, Snake, could you excuse me for a second?

Snake: Sure.

Para-Medic's voice sounds more distant for these next lines.

Para-Medic: Did you just hear that?

Sigint: Yeah. There's no way eating a bioluminescent mushroom would cause your batteries to recharge.

Para-Medic: What do you think it means?

Sigint: Beats me... maybe it's all in his mind.

Para-Medic: You mean like a placebo effect?

Sigint: Why not? You've seen how gullible he is.

Para-Medic: I guess there's no harm done. Should we let him keep believing it?

Sigint: Sounds good to me.

Normal volume

Para-Medic: OK, Snake, I'm back. Yes, the Russian glowcap is a glowing mushroom, so it'll recharge your batteries when you eat it.

Snake: ???

"Zombie paper really works, so I hope someone comes up with "pretty girl paper"." - Random generic man in Earthbound

Earthbound is just amazing.

"Teach those who speak of a savior the futility of their hope." - The White Witch, Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch.

Probably not the best quote in the game but certainly the most memorable for me.

"Happy birthday, <player>! How old are you again?"

-Cynthia, Fire Emblem: Awakening, during the avatar's birthday.

Then there's Tiki (same game and situation)...

"Happy birthday, <player>. Have you hit a century yet?"

And then there's Gaius (again, same game and situation)...

"Happy birthday, <player>. ...Can I have a piece of cake?"

Last edited:
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"-Zero,Mega Man Zero 4

"So be it. But that is why we are the best partners... I'll do what you want... Rest for a while. I will handle it, you can count on me. I won't stop! When an enemy appears... I'll terminate it..."-Zero,Mega Man Zero

"Humans are my enemy... Enough of this... Shall we?..."-Zero,SVC Chaos:SNK vs Capcom

"Now my heart realizes this love for you
There's no such thing as eternity
So I want you to stay with me a while"-Part of a translated Freesia,Ciel's theme and the ending theme of Mega Man Zero 4 in Japan/in the collection.

"Well what means the most is that you are my friend, but being right is a close second." - Robin, Lego Batman 3

"All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ" Big Smoke, GTA San Andreas. It's not CJ's fault that fat idiot can't shoot straight.

"But I am dead... As are you." Kain, Legacy of Kain Defiance. Great series I'd highly recommend it.

"This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain! Or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" Auron, Final Fantasy X

"My name is Master Aqua. Now return my friend's heart or pay the price!" Aqua, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. She better be playable in Kingdom Hearts 3.

"FALCOAN PAWNCH!" Captain Falcon, you all know where he's from HYEZ!

"I am an apprentice wizard, not a pack mule! Oh, very well, but make it quick." - Marcurio, Skyrim.

"Have you seen those soldiers from Hammerfell? They have curved swords. Curved. Swords." - Skyrim guards.

"HE HAS FEET?" - Magnemite, after hearing Diglett actually do have feet in PMD Rescue Team.

"Someone tell me how I got in this caaage!!" - Ventus, KH Birth by Sleep

"And the braggart named Ragnar was boastful no mooore... when his ugly red head rolled around on the floor!" - ending of a Skyrim bard's song.

"Just following orders, eh, soilder? I bet your sniper scope is all aimed up to hit a score on Her Hotness, huh?" - Neptune, Hyperdevotion Noire

"But even then, I had my honor. The largest Banora White tree grew on a wealthy man's estate. It was rumored, that those apples tasted the best, but I never stole from that tree, because the wealthy man's son, was my friend..."-Angeal Hewly from FFVII CC

"This X is worth a LOT of money... so you'd better not drop it!" -A Mii playing Catch, occasionally, on Tomodachi Life

Makes sense if X was a high value item, but if X is a rather cheap one, like a clothespin...

Last edited:
"Why do I never meet any nice girls?"-Dante in (Ulimate)Marvel vs Capcom 3:Fate of Two Worlds

Great reference to getting shot in the head by Lady.

"You're the gold thieves, are you? How dare you! I was so close to buying a medicine that's supposed to make me taller! Now, not only am I short on funds, I'm stuck being short, period!" - Ricken during Golden Gaffe DLC, Fire Emblem Awakening

Poor little Ricken.

Don't know whether this has been said or not. But here it is:

"I think my eyes are broken. No wait. They're just closed." Big the Cat in Sonic Chronicles

"It is dangerous when too many men in the same armor think they're right." - Cole, Dragon Age Inquisition

"Ancient words of wisdom...'you suck'." - Gen from Street Fighter

Back
Top Bottom