• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Quotes

"... ... ... Oh, all right, Uncle Ulty REALLY wants you to do his portrait!!!" - Ultros, Final Fantasy VI

"But of course! You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?" - Sabin, Final Fantasy VI

Last edited:
"If one's sacrifice is built on the sacrifices of others then those who survive must prove their lives were worth the sacrifice." - Gale, Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2.

"Pictures taken instantaniously! I'm a photographic genius, if I do say so myself! Okay... look at the camera... ready? Say, "fuzzy pickles"!" Wow, what a great photograph! It will always bring back the fondest of memories..." - Photo guy from EarthBound

"Beauty and the beast ... all in one well-armed package."
"What? Were you expecting a gentleman?"
"I've got quite a figure, no?"
- Valkyrie Venom exosuit soldier, Command & Conquer: Rise of the Reds (game mod)

Last edited:
"Kay,please,I'm begging you.By all means,do not provoke her any further..."-Miles Edgeworth,referring to Oldbag,Ace Attorney Investigations:Miles Edgeworth

"H-how could this happen two days in a rooooooow!?"-Miles Edgeworth,referring to Oldbag,Ace Attorney Investigations:Miles Edgeworth

Edgeworth:R-refreshing?!And what is so refreshing about a spring breeze?!
Phoenix:(Sounds like the pollen is not treating him well this year...)-Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney:Justice for All

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!"

Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

"There aren't any innocents in this war, just the guilty and the dead!" - a Forsworn in Skyrim. While he does have a point about the overall situation, the game certainly alleviates the guilt by having the Forsworn assault you every time you go hiking around The Reach.

"All's well that ends well, right?" ~Miles "Tails" Prower, Sonic Adventure (and cue FTA: "THE CITY'S BEEN FUCKING DESTROYED!")

Because I just finished watching a BlazBlue LP, I will post a BlazBlue quote, however since it is at the end of the LP i watched, I shall put it in spoilers

That is why I have a request to make of you, wielder of the Zero-Type Izayoi... the only blade that can defeat us, the Chrono Phantasma.
If he for whatever reasons dies before you can sever his fate. then you must kill me, Tsubaki Yayoi.
- Rachel Alucard. BlazBlue Chronophantasma

"Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a very delicate state of mind."
-Sheogorath, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Nepgear: *heavy dramatic sigh*

Vert: What's the matter, Nepgear? That was quite a heavy and dramatic sigh.

Nepgear: Oh, Vert. Well, it serves no purpose to tell you, but...

Vert: How cold of you. I would do anything and everything for my cute little sister.

Nepgear: Aww, Vert... Okay. Well, you see, I was the main character in the last game.

Vert: Oh? You? ... The main character? Pfft... Ahaha... Hahahahahahaha!

Nepgear: What!? Why are you laughing so hard like that!?

Vert: B-Because, I just... can't even imagine you in the leading role! Ahahahaha, it's so hilarious!

Nepgear: Grrr! FINE! As I thought, I shouldn't have said anything.

Vert: Ahaha... ha... Sorry. I'll listen to what you have to say. All right?

Nepgear: ... Will you really?

Vert: Really. Please gaze into my completely serious eyes... *stare*

Nepgear: O-Okay, then... As I was saying, I was the main character in the last game.

Vert: Pfft.

Nepgear: Did you laugh again!?

Vert: N-No, I suppressed a sneeze. Continue.

Nepgear: I was thinking "goodness, I sure am getting treated poorly this time." Did I do something wrong?

Vert: Hmm, that's a difficult question to respond to. I'm not sure I have the experience to answer.

Blanc: That's something known as Dragonball Syndrome.

Nepgear: What the goodness!? Blanc!?

Vert: Oh, you were here. What is this syndrome you speak of?

Blanc: It's where someone experiences being the lead role and then faces unreasonable circumstances. The father passes the role to his son, but then the father steals the spotlight again. That's it.

Vert: I've heard of such a tale. If I recall, the young one was nearly dead until the very end.

Nepgear: Am I going to suffer the same fate!? Does that mean things are just going to get worse for me?

Blanc: It's pretty likely.

Vert: To think such a specific syndrome exists... Who else but Blanc? You know almost everything.

Blanc: I do not. I just know what I know.

Nepgear: H-Huh? I feel like there was a reference in there somewhere. But can't we do something about this? I don't want to let this continue until the very end.

Blanc: Just hope for a better role in the sequel.

Nepgear: Th-That...

Vert: There, there. It's all a matter of perspective. This may be the flag indicating you will return.

Nepgear: I... I see! So if I hang in there through this one, I'll appear in the next one...

Blanc: Of course, you could just be written out of any future installments entirely, too.

- Funny Scene from Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.​

"I was hoping we wouldn't need to use it."
"Turning keys in three...two...one..."
"This ends now."
"If this doesn't stop them...nothing will."
"May our children forgive us."

All of these being quotes from the Pandora, an extreme-range neutron warhead artillery platform from Rise of the Reds.

"'I wish to see your throbbing manhood. ...Oh my, how can I say that. Ohoho'"

-Kitamikado Ayaka, in the final prank love letter to Okonogi Masaya Princess Evangile

Noire: Hmm

Vert: Hrrmmmm...

Blanc: ...

Peashy: Uh, what's up?

Neptune: What're you three plotting?

Plutia: Don't you dare try to be mean to Peashy...!

Vert: It's nothing like that. We three merely share a common interest.

Nepgear: What interest is that?

Noire: Well, she remembered all of you, but...

Blanc: Does she remember us...?

Neptune: Uh, good question. You all weren't around much, and she's kind of a dim candle...

Peashy: Don't call me names! I'm smarter than you, Neptuna!

Plutia: Okay, let's give her a test... Peashy, who is this lady?

Noire: For some reason, this is making me nervous.

Peashy: Um... Nowar?

Noire: Huh. Close enough.

Blanc: I'm up next. I barely spoke with her, so I wonder...

Peashy: The red and white strawberry cake lady... is Blanc! Blanc!

Blanc: Right on the money. I'm not to thrilled with HOW you remembered me, but whatever.

Vert: I'm the last one.

Peashy: Uh...

Vert: Wait. I recall this child denouncing me as the "old one." She may say something else odd!

Neptune: Nepgear, if Vertypoo tries anything funny, hold her back.

Nepgear: O-Okay...

Peashy: Uhhh... V... Vee...

Vert: A bit more...! Spit it out...!

Peashy: B... Bert! You're Bert!

Vert: B-Bert...?

Plutia: Bert...?

Neptune: Pfft! That's vaguely stupid, mostly wrong, but also awesome.

Noire: Hehe. It's a cute nickname.

Blanc: Doesn't match her appearance. This is comedy gold.

Peashy: Huh? Am I wrong? She's not Bert?

Vert: ...

Peashy: Are... you mad at me, Bert?

Nepgear: Now, now! That's Quite enough all of you. Vert, please don't take it the wrong way.

Vert: That's... the first time... anyone...

Nepgear: Huh?

Vert: Up until now, everyone has seen me as someone older and called me old lady names like Bernice... This is the first time someone has ever given me such an adorable mis-pronounced nickname!

Noire: I... swear that I see tears coming out of her eyes.

Neptune: Whoa, Vert's seriously crying! I didn't think she had that functionality!

Peashy: Oh, no! Don't cry, Bert!

Vert: Oooh, I absolutely love you, Peashy!

Peashy: Gyaaah! Th-That hurts...! Don't squeeze me...!

Vert: I can take her back to Leanbox with me, right? I'm allowed to do that, aren't I?

Neptune: Heck no! She just came back to us!

Plutia: Uh-huh, uh-huh...! Peashy is our baby, you see...

Vert: Please, do not utter such cruelties. Oh, I know! I will trade Nepgear back for Peashy.

Neptune: She was my kid sister to begin with!

Nepgear: Wow, Vert... That's far more cruel than anything we said...

Peashy: Berrrrrt! Lemme go!

Vert: Ahhhh, call me Bert again with that lovely voice...!

- Funny Scene from Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

"Or was it - yes! Stanley, the talking grapefruit from Passwall!" - Sheogorath, Skyrim.

"CHEESE! CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!" - same as above.

"Sin is cursed. Sin prays. It curses its form, it prays for dissolution. Sin sees dreams of its own destruction. Sin is looking at us. We live in a fading echo of time left us by the destroyer. Free him from Yu Yevon. Free him....the fayth that has become sin." - Fayth of Valefor, Final Fantasy X

"When evil casts it's sinister shadow- When the world drowns in turmoil- When love and hope have faded!' 'We spring forth to protect humanity... even if they didn't ask us to.' 'Our seven lights spring to the task.' 'Our courage reaches near speed C velocity!' 'Supah pahti! Fantastic spahkaru! Let's gooh nambah waan!' 'Um yeah... I'm not really supposed to be here' 'We're here! We cheer! Get used to it! With our powers combined' ULTRA CHROMA POWER SQUAD PRISM RANGERS!"

-The Prism Rangers, Disgaea 2

“Feel the RAAAAAWWWK…”

“One of us is walking out of here with the belt, and the other one's getting RAWKED!”

“I'm the champ, end of story! I'm a legend! And this legend is about to RAWK that dude!”

Rawk Hawk - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year door.

I'm nicknaming an Hawlucha after this guy.

" But, you know ... when it is all over ... we will wake, and our dream will end. Our dream will vanish." - Fayth of Bahamut, Final Fantasy X

Back
Top Bottom