• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Quotes

"You must destroy them! Earth is counting on you! Good luck!"

Intro voice sample from S.C.A.T. for NES.

This may be cheating a little bit, but on the Japanese box art for some of the early Sonic games, there are some rather elaborate and thematic messages to go along with the actual artwork... and they're all in English. I have absolutely no idea who wrote them... and I don't think anyone else does, really. But in any case:

From the Japanese box art of Sonic 1 and 2 for the Mega Drive/Genesis:
Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can.
It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

And from the Japanese box art of Sonic CD:
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...

And my personal favorite, from the Japanese box art of Sonic & Knuckles:
Sonic races through the green fields.
The Sun races through a blue sky filled with white clouds.
The ways of his heart are much like the Sun. Sonic runs and rests; the Sun rises and sets.
Don't give up on the Sun. Don't make the Sun laugh at you.

You cannot escape your fate! Your end is near. Come to me... come to your death. All who have come before you have fallen. You are quick, mortal -- quick to die. You will be removed. No one escapes the Dahaka!Disrupt the Timeline no further!
---Dahaka, Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

"I BEG YOUR PARDON! I do believe that is my Baked Apple! You can't just go about taking whatever you please!"
"Har har har! Forgive me--I couldn't help myself! Please, enjoy! An apple and an open flame is a recipe for a succulent treat."
-Old Man, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• "To find him, you have to forget the stories. Forget the legends. You have to do more than walk in his footsteps, for he is more than the sum of his actions. I tell you this not because I trust you, Agent Locke, but because all our lives are at stake. Because the seeds of our future are sown in his past." - To Jameson Locke regarding John-117.
  • Halo Guardians trailer.

"Merlina, every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but... That's why we gotta live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least, that's what I figure."
-Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Black Knight

Honestly, sometimes Sonic is able to inspire me like no-one else.

• Prophet of Truth: "You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking... what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire? No. Your world will burn until its surface is but glass! And not even your Demon will live to creep, blackened, from its hole to mar the reflection of our passage; the culmination of our Journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I...I am their instrument!"
  • Halo 3

"GWAHAHAHA! Great dark hurricane! Seriously, perfect backdrop for an awesome final battle! You really sweat the details. Listen up! You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"
-Bowser, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Black Lightning: Keep that ugly mug out of the south side
Grid: You are incapable of harming me
Black Lightning: That's whats called an alternative fact

Black Adam: You cant fight a god
Black Lightning: Nothing about me is fake news
Black Adam: By all means surprise me

Injustice 2, Honestly all of Black Lightning's dialogue is pretty boring and these were some of the only memorable ones.

The past is a gaping hole. You try to run from it, but the more you run, the deeper it grows behind you, its edges yawning at your heels. Your only chance is to turn around and face it. But it's like looking down into the grave of your love, or kissing the mouth of a gun, a bullet trembling in its dark nest, ready to blow your head off.

Max Payne, Max Payne 2: Fall of Max Payne

WHY? Why did I activate this infernal machine? Oh right... it was because I wanted to see her again.

One battle later...
All memories and soul of the host have been deleted
Yeah........... that quote sent shivers down my spine during the true arena, kirby is for kids indeed

Back
Top Bottom