• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Quotes

"Open the floodgates pierce the skies three become one drag you down! Maelstrom!"
- Characters in the water armatus when chain-casting from the lowest arte, Tales of Zestiria.

"Tell 'em. "Hey, I thought you had good to do in the world! Keep mopin' and cryin', an I'll chain you up so tight you can't even breathe!" And then give 'em a good kick in the ass for me."
- Dezel's final moments, Tales of Zestiria

From Pokémon X and Y:

(You and Shauna prepare to walk into Parfum Palace - a mansion-turned-museum in the middle of Kalos - but then a butler stops you.)
Butler: The entrance fee will be P1,000 per person.
Shauna: You've got to be kidding! It costs money to go inside?
Butler: You see, the owner of the palace follows the school of thought that you can never have too much money.
Shauna: Yeesh! This is how the rich get richer! Here's your entrance fee: P1,000!
(Shauna hands over the cash, and so do you.)
Butler: The proceeds from the entrance fee help pay for repairing and restoring the palace. Probably...

“Well then… It seems… we do not have enough energy… to revive our Dark Lord… Must we… allow ourselves… to fall… into oblivion?
No.
NO!
No no no no no no!
NONONONONONONONONO!!!
NOOOOO, I SAAAAY!!!
We are the masters of a power driven to the far reaches of the universe, and we have but one desire! Can one such as you possibly fathom how dearly we have clung to this dream across the aeons? How could you! You couldn’t! Never ever ever! We who once faced those who were in such fear of our power that they sealed us away and banished us to the edge of the galaxy! US! As if THAT loveliness wasn’t enough, they tried to erase our very existence from history! RUDE! Only through our magic were we able to overcome their science and achieve great prosperity! We alone were responsible for stopping that repulsive nightmare of a galactic crisis, yet this is how you repay us! This won’t stand! It won’t be forgiven! It won’t be forgotten! Never ever EVER! Those who called us mad, are you listening? You left us at the edge of the galaxy to be forgotten, then went along your merry way, probably living somewhere pretty and peaceful! But know this! Your future is a farce! You have none! We, masters of a matter most dark, vow to be restored, as foretold in the book of legend, which everyone thought was just a fairy tale! It WASN’T! We have already obtained the vessel that contains our Dark Lord, and he will soon awaken and shower us in compassion! Look! The vessel of our Dark Lord is filling up even as we speak! Now the time for his greatness to enter our world has come! Welcome to a new history! A new age! The age of awesome! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARK LORD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Grace us, Gloriously Dark Looooooord!
Huff... Hah... Huff... Hah...
You see it now…don't you? Anyone who interrupts our revival ceremony… We must kindly ask that they… PLEASE DISAPPEAR FOREVER!”

"J'AI GAGNÉ!" ("I have won!")
-Glass Joe, Punch-Out!!

"Je viens te chercher!" ("I'm coming after you!")
-Glass Joe, Punch-Out!!

"Bonjour, bonjour! Je suis Glass Joe! Ha ha!" ("Hello, hello! I am Glass Joe! Ha ha!")
-I wonder who, Punch-Out!!

"Weitermachen." ("Keep going.")
-Von Kaiser, Punch-Out!!, after getting up from being knocked down

"Deine Stunde hat geschlagen!" ("Your time is up!")
-Von Kaiser, Punch-Out!!

"I will teach you a lesson! You will fall down!"
-Von Kaiser, Punch-Out!!

"Chaos!? Sonic! Help me!"
- The greatest tragedy of Sonic Forces: Tails' characterisation

"Fine. I will teach you fear, then pain, and then... Well, at least the fear and pain will end."
- Infinite, Sonic Forces

"What would you like your epitaph to read? How about 'Here lies the Blue Buffoon'?"
—Infinite, Sonic Forces

"What would you like your epitaph to read? How about 'Here lies the Blue Buffoon'?"
—Infinite, Sonic Forces
"Why not 'Here dozes the Masked Clown'? Might as well make it for the person who needs one, right?"
- Sonic, Sonic Forces

Prince Ahmtur the Mighty: "What's that?"
Goren: "Sounds like harpies. Skree Harpies!"
Prince Bokka the Magnificent: "Don't be a fool, Goren. There are no harpies anywhere near here!"
Norgu: "Of course, you have been wrong before."
Prince Mehtu the Wise: "Everyone move to the exits in an orderly fashion! There is only one of them! This is not the time to panic!"
(more harpies appear)

Prince Mehtu the Wise: "Very well! This is now the time to panic!"
GuildWars: Nightfall
(Tihark Orchard mission)

Lyon:
“Tell me, Ephraim: do I look like I’ve grown stronger? The last time we dueled, I was too weak to test you. Why, I was so weak, I even lost to Eirika…”

Ephraim:
“……”

Lyon:
“I’ve sacrificed the lives of many good people. I’ve committed many unforgivable sins. The caring heart I once possessed died long ago… And I’ve grown stronger because of it. I’ve grown strong enough to defeat even you, Ephraim.”

Ephraim:
“…No, you haven’t. You’re still no match for me. You were never one for combat. It’s not in you. You should never have chosen this path.”

Lyon:
“……”

Ephraim:
“…… Here I come, Lyon.”
yeah.......... ephraim really is the biggest badass in FE, and that's including ike.

"I accept your challenge, High Prince. But I am no general. I am Crown Prince Xander of Nohr! Yah, yahh!"
-Xander

(Authentic grunting sfx added with groans of increasing discomfort)

Chaac has some pretty funny lines in Smite, although a lot of these are recycled from various action movie actors, mostly Arnold Schwarzenegger. A fair amount of others involving puns (involving the name Chaac).

"A little rain never hurt anybody, or does it?!"

"But battling alongside you, I've come to learn the value of teamwork, and trust."
- Leonidas, Bakugan Battle Brawlers

"I didn't defeat you alone Vladitor. I had help, from my teammates."
- Omega Leonidas, Bakguan Battle Brawlers

This game is full of so much cheese but I love it.

Back
Top Bottom