• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Quotes

"You will not bar my path!"
-King Zephiel, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Fuuin no Tsurugi)

Chernobog's jokes in SMITE are amazing.
"There are too many sun gods for my liking."
"I had a fight with my brother, and it was like night and day. No, literally, we created night and day."
"Followers used to speak curses in a bowl in my name, but I never understood why."

"Brother! You are starting to anger me!"
-Eirika, Sacred Stones

"Humans... they are so very fragile."
-Ephidel, Blazing Sword

"Are you lost, little mouse?"
-Team Rocket Grunt, Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen

"Hope is...comforting. It allows us to accept fate, however tragic it might be. [...] Your father sacrificed himself to give that hope to the people. So they would forget sorrow."
- Yunalesca, Final Fantasy X

Honestly the whole exchange Yunalesca has with the main group strikes a chord with me. As someone who is greatly concerned with the sustainability of the future, and who believes that blind hope lends a false sense of security, I just love this exchange. Everyone says that Auron's lines are the best, but for me it's what Yunalesca says and what Yuna says to her that are most memorable. Even Yunalesca, who insists on the same old ritual, admits that blind hope is useless.

Swimmer Denise on Route 107. Who has a single Wingull.

"Do you know a little town called Dewford?"
"I HATE THIS!"
"A weird saying is getting really trendy at Dewford Hall."

I love how irrelevant her losing quote is to everything else.

"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
- Colonel Roy Campbell, Metal Gear Solid 2
Really the Colonel AI though, and man what a great part of the game it came from when he started getting weird.

"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
- Colonel Roy Campbell, Metal Gear Solid 2

“Actually, I am in really bad shape financially. I pay money to my ex-wife as part of our divorce settlement, among other bills... I just had no choice but to make you pay for lunch the other day. I’m really sorry.”

- Colonel Campbell

"My first decree will be to outlaw salads. Why? I don't have to explain myself!" -Set (in SMITE)

"The sky is the limit! No seriously, my domain ends at the sky. Space doesn't fall under my jurisdiction!" - Horus (in SMITE)

"those flooders are ruthless splatting machines they did in Agent 3 more times than i can count"

This quote from Cap'n Cuttlefish in Marina's chatroom relates to how many times I had trouble getting around Flooders during my run in Octo Valley from the first Splatoon.

"Why have you come? Is it to steal my riches or perhaps you seek to righteously punish me for my affront to your morality. It matters little, for you will do neither. Before I dispose of you in some horribly gruesome manner perhaps I should introduce myself. I am known as Davaeorn; I would ask you for your names but I care little to become acquainted with the dead."
--Davaeorn, Baldur's gate
One of the best pre-boss fight lines I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom