• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Villain Team Speculation

The Coolest Character in the Worst Series
Reaction score
What could their name be, and what letter will they stylize? What could their motives be? What's their theme?

Since Galar is based on the UK, I'm thinking some kind of barbarian theme for them. I also think they could be a street gang, but we just had that with Team Skull. Perhaps evil wizards or Druids?

Last edited:
Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
We had a space-themed team (Galactic), environmental teams (Magma and Aqua), knights (BW1 Plasma), scientists, whatever Team Flare is supposed to be, and gangsters/yakuza (Rocket) and street gangs. (Skull.) I hope we get something more on the mystical side this time, like robe-wearing cultists, ghosts, wizards or something.

EDIT: ACTUALLY MAYBE GHOSTS WOULD BE A BAD IDEA.

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ'ꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ, ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴘᴏɴᴅ
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I hope they dress somewhat decently this time around.

El_

Reaction score
Plasma "possibly" may have been the most fitting but also the most boringly obvious. Their theme was also more "extremism of ideas and intolerance" than just Monarchy specifically.

Brexit as a subject won't be touched less its an easter egg they could get away with. Considering the Wolves who I think may be based upon Romulus & Remus, perhaps a War of the Roses type scenario? (Team Tudor/Lancaster) Pretty historical, and I could see GF adapting the story based upon version exclusive lines.

Extinct (but still Killer!)
Reaction score
Team.. something starting with the letter B. Team Brutal?

Reaction score
I’m leaning towards another well intentioned extremist team kind of like Team Flare. Maybe an environmentalist group that struggles with the rapid industrialization the region has gone through, or perhaps a radical movement that wants to preserve the Galar region’s history & heritage by purging all who are not from the region or of the proper descent.

Brexit as a subject won't be touched less its an easter egg they could get away with.
While I agree that it won’t be explicitly mentioned, I still think it’s possible that some of the underlying issues that led to the vote could be touched on in the whole “tradition vs innovation” theme that looks to be confirmed from the trailer. GameFreak hasn’t shied away from exploring pretty serious real life issues in recent Gens.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that the villainous team will use different strategies depending on version, with them focusing on offense in Sword and on defense in Shield.

When hedgehogs catch fire
Reaction score
I think that the villainous team will use different strategies depending on version, with them focusing on offense in Sword and on defense in Shield.
Or maybe the other way around: going defensive on Sword and offensive on Shield.

As if to somehow contrast them with the box legendaries of the year.

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
A knight theme would still work. Wasn't that chivalrous and honourable side of Team Plasma ultimately built upon a foundation of lies from Ghetsis? We still haven't had an antagonist team that truly follows the theme after all, I believe.

Lovely
Reaction score
There has to be a detective figure in the region either as an antagonist or a recurring helper. And no, I'm not talking about Looker.