• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• With COPPA coming into full effect, the comments section and notifications for our YouTube videos are disabled. Not to worry, though, you can keep up with the latest episodes for all our ongoing series and provide your comments in the Bulbasocial section here.

Villain Team Speculation

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Well they do like repeating villain things (I NEEDS [LEGENDARY] to TAKE OVER WORLD), why not start repeating fake out villain teams. :p

Reaction score
Well they do like repeating villain things (I NEEDS [LEGENDARY] to TAKE OVER WORLD), why not start repeating fake out villain teams. :p
I guess they realized that nobody takes villain teams seriously.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Now now, I took some of them seriously. Like realistic crime boss Giovanni, mentally disturbed so wants to create their own ideal world Cyrus, and holy crap this man is feking evil Dennis Ghetsis. The others I'm not as impressed with, but still find them varying levels of entertaining.

Reaction score
Now now, I took some of them seriously. Like realistic crime boss Giovanni, mentally disturbed so wants to create their own ideal world Cyrus, and holy crap this man is feking evil Dennis Ghetsis. The others I'm not as impressed with, but still find them varying levels of entertaining.
Well, I gotta admit that Plasma was an actual threat, however: Team Rocket stopped being threatening after Giovanni left. Maxie and Archie were stupid enough to not know they were ending the world (seriously), Plasma was full of idiots, something that Cyrus himself recognizes, and he was willing to sacrifice them once they outlived their usefulness (including the admins, I guess), and Team Flare was a complete mess.

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it's more I take certain leaders seriously instead of the groups they lead.

I <3 Kabu and Raihan
Reaction score
I guess they realized that nobody takes villain teams seriously.
Of course, they do all get constantly outwitted by 12-year-olds. It is a bit difficult to buy someone as a hardened master criminal when their warped moral code gives them no compunctions about animal abuse and enacting apocalyptic levels of destruction but not about just physically beating the kid who wanders into their base and tells them to stop what they're doing.

I appreciate that Ghetsis just straight-up tried to off you the second time, and that Lusamine just said "fuck it" when she lost to you and jumped into the wormhole anyway.

Reaction score
I think that another thing to consider is that the "incompetent villain team" has been part of Japanese entertainment since at least the 70's. Examples include the Dorombo Gang from Yatterman, that one evil team from Flint the Time Detective, and those guys from Mon Colle Knights.

Reaction score
Of course, they do all get constantly outwitted by 12-year-olds. It is a bit difficult to buy someone as a hardened master criminal when their warped moral code gives them no compunctions about animal abuse and enacting apocalyptic levels of destruction but not about just physically beating the kid who wanders into their base and tells them to stop what they're doing.

I appreciate that Ghetsis just straight-up tried to off you the second time, and that Lusamine just said "fuck it" when she lost to you and jumped into the wormhole anyway.
Ghetsis also threatens to kill/assaults Lillie after you beat him in USUM. The ninja triad also forces you around a couple times without letting you try to battle, iirc. Gen 5 probably had the most serious villains at the top even if the grunts were really annoying and their plans made the least sense.

My understanding of most of the other villain teams is that the economy is pretty messed up in the Pokemon world, so most of the grunts in gens 1-4 are probably just doing what they do for money reasons. They're paid to defend the base or whatever, but once they are beaten they aren't going to try and do fist-of-cuffs with a kid who has a fire breathing monster. And it just really doesn't seem in-character for any of the other characters to act like Ghetsis when they lose.

Reaction score
Ghetsis also threatens to kill/assaults Lillie after you beat him in USUM. The ninja triad also forces you around a couple times without letting you try to battle, iirc. Gen 5 probably had the most serious villains at the top even if the grunts were really annoying and their plans made the least sense.

My understanding of most of the other villain teams is that the economy is pretty messed up in the Pokemon world, so most of the grunts in gens 1-4 are probably just doing what they do for money reasons. They're paid to defend the base or whatever, but once they are beaten they aren't going to try and do fist-of-cuffs with a kid who has a fire breathing monster. And it just really doesn't seem in-character for any of the other characters to act like Ghetsis when they lose.
Judging by the money that Gentlemen give after battle, evil teams would do better to just steal old rich folks than try world domination.
I think that the grunts are just people that when seeing themselves in a pack think they can bully everyone and have their way until someone - the player - appears and has the guts to tackle the issue. I believe that evil teams are actually just mobs with villanous or evil leaders...kinda like People's Republic of China or Russia. :unsure:

Last edited:
PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Ghetsis has no shame. He wants all attention on him always. The weirder he dresses the more people are compelled to look at him. Makes him feel like he's important~!

Reaction score
Ghetsis has no shame. He wants all attention on him always. The weirder he dresses the more people are compelled to look at him. Makes him feel like he's important~!
So, Ghetsis is Lady Gaga/Nicki Minaj/Lil' Kim/every single character from Vento Aureo/whoever else dresses weird?