• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Viola: what role will she play

smash says that clemont will be the first person ash battles in kalos... so, similar to dento, ash would battle him for his first badge. viola will probably reoccur with her sister. one may recall an older trailer with bonnie, clemont and alexa watching ash battling someone, probably viola. but, we shall see.

Do we know what gym number Viola's is??

Yes she is confirmed as the first gym leader although that may change in the anime

smash says that clemont will be the first person ash battles in kalos... so, similar to dento, ash would battle him for his first badge. viola will probably reoccur with her sister. one may recall an older trailer with bonnie, clemont and alexa watching ash battling someone, probably viola. but, we shall see.

Do we know what gym number Viola's is??

Yes she is confirmed as the first gym leader although that may change in the anime

Wait then I'm confused, so Clement might not be a gym leader?? Cuz I don't see how they can changer her gym number...

Wait then I'm confused, so Clement might not be a gym leader?? Cuz I don't see how they can changer her gym number...
Clemont is a gym leader, but not THE first gym leader. Viola is the official first gym leader of Kalos region. However, due to Ash starting out in Lumiose City and not in Vaniville like in the games, he will most likely battle Clemont first and then fight Viola once he reaches Santalune.

Clemont is a gym leader, but not THE first gym leader. Viola is the official first gym leader of Kalos region. However, due to Ash starting out in Lumiose City and not in Vaniville like in the games, he will most likely battle Clemont first and then fight Viola once he reaches Santalune.

I doubt it. He never gets badges out of order so I don't see why he would now. He can substitute badges but since we don't have the second game yet he can't do that either.

I doubt it. He never gets badges out of order so I don't see why he would now. He can substitute badges but since we don't have the second game yet he can't do that either.
Okay, but still, Clemont must be a gym leader. At least he should be, like in the games.

Okay, but still, Clemont must be a gym leader. At least he should be, like in the games.

I guess, I just feel like if he battles Clemont in the beginning, it will just be for fun.

I guess, I just feel like if he battles Clemont in the beginning, it will just be for fun.

No! Whenever ash battles someone with plot relevance "for fun" he loses.

And he probably will here too. He never beats him gym leader companions before the gym battle.

And he probably will here too. He never beats him gym leader companions before the gym battle.

So they shouldn't battle.

Except as sunnyshore said, it's confirmed that Clemont is the first person Ash is battling in Kalos.

I doubt it. He never gets badges out of order so I don't see why he would now.

Sabrina says hi. Also, "it hasn't been done before" isn't much of a reason not to expect things anymore in this franchise.

Ok are we really gonna bring up Kanto and it's wacked out badge system??

He follows the games in terms of badges so it is unlikely that he will get say the 3rd badge before the first.

Except as sunnyshore said, it's confirmed that Clemont is the first person Ash is battling in Kalos.

Sabrina says hi. Also, "it hasn't been done before" isn't much of a reason not to expect things anymore in this franchise.

/QUOTE]

I didn't say he won't be but that he shouldnt be fighting. Its just going to be trip all over again.

/QUOTE]

I didn't say he won't be but that he shouldnt be fighting. Its just going to be trip all over again.

Ok but it is confirmed so it doesn't matter if he shouldn't or not.

/QUOTE]

Its just embarassing how Ash needs to have his ass handed to him at the start of every region because he needs to start fresh.

/QUOTE]

Its just embarassing how Ash needs to have his ass handed to him at the start of every region because he needs to start fresh.

I agree but it is usually to make Pikachu seem like newb again.

except in BW when he did get badges in an odd order towards the end. he battled all BW leaders except for his last badge, for which he went with a random BW2 leader. and never did battle any dragon gym.

there was also kanto but you said that doesn't count... so i guess by "never" you meant "and the times he did go out of order don't count" :p just kiddin around. no big deal.

Here's an idea: He battles Clemont's gym first because he arrives there first, but trashes the gym in the process. Thus, Ash gets no badge, and Clemont decides to travel with Ash until he pays for the gym/until the gym is fixed/because Pikachu's electric powers impressed him so much/whatever. This would end with Ash battling Clemont for a gym badge last, with Clemont using the team he's developed over the course of the series. With his gym fixed, Clemont has no reason to keep traveling with Ash, but he decides to stick around to see Ash enter the league because they're good friends by now. Y/n?

except in BW when he did get badges in an odd order towards the end. he battled all BW leaders except for his last badge, for which he went with a random BW2 leader. and never did battle any dragon gym.

there was also kanto but you said that doesn't count... so i guess by "never" you meant "and the times he did go out of order don't count" :p just kiddin around. no big deal.

Well they did release direct sequel which was never done so that was for advertising purposes, plus it made sense with the Iris plot. He didn't even earn like half of his Kanto badges so that is why I am really against using kanto examples.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom