• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Viola: what role will she play

Here's an idea: He battles Clemont's gym first because he arrives there first, but trashes the gym in the process. Thus, Ash gets no badge, and Clemont decides to travel with Ash until he pays for the gym/until the gym is fixed/because Pikachu's electric powers impressed him so much/whatever. This would end with Ash battling Clemont for a gym badge last, with Clemont using the team he's developed over the course of the series. With his gym fixed, Clemont has no reason to keep traveling with Ash, but he decides to stick around to see Ash enter the league because they're good friends by now. Y/n?

I like the idea. It sounds like a good way for Clemont to travel with Ash, as well as building up to their eventual battle after they've become friends, traveled for awhile and have stronger Pokemon. I don't really mind Ash getting badges out of order, but this could be an interesting way to approach it so that he still goes to the first Gym to battle against Viola.

Personally, I doubt that she'll have that much of a role. She might appear every now and then along with Alexa, but I don't think that she'll do anything more than be the first Gym Leader.

Here's an idea: He battles Clemont's gym first because he arrives there first, but trashes the gym in the process. Thus, Ash gets no badge, and Clemont decides to travel with Ash until he pays for the gym/until the gym is fixed/because Pikachu's electric powers impressed him so much/whatever. This would end with Ash battling Clemont for a gym badge last, with Clemont using the team he's developed over the course of the series. With his gym fixed, Clemont has no reason to keep traveling with Ash, but he decides to stick around to see Ash enter the league because they're good friends by now. Y/n?

I like the idea. It sounds like a good way for Clemont to travel with Ash, as well as building up to their eventual battle after they've become friends, traveled for awhile and have stronger Pokemon. I don't really mind Ash getting badges out of order, but this could be an interesting way to approach it so that he still goes to the first Gym to battle against Viola.

Personally, I doubt that she'll have that much of a role. She might appear every now and then along with Alexa, but I don't think that she'll do anything more than be the first Gym Leader.

is she will have no role the why go out of there way to reveal her anime counterpart along with the main cast

Wait then I'm confused, so Clement might not be a gym leader?? Cuz I don't see how they can changer her gym number...
Clemont is a gym leader, but not THE first gym leader. Viola is the official first gym leader of Kalos region. However, due to Ash starting out in Lumiose City and not in Vaniville like in the games, he will most likely battle Clemont first and then fight Viola once he reaches Santalune.

I doubt it. He never gets badges out of order so I don't see why he would now. He can substitute badges but since we don't have the second game yet he can't do that either.
They exchanged Drayden for Roxie.

is she will have no role the why go out of there way to reveal her anime counterpart along with the main cast

I didn't say that she will have no role. I said that I doubt that she'll have that much of a role. I think that there's a difference. She could appear every now and then with Alexa, but I doubt that she'll be a major character in the series.

I didn't say that she will have no role. I said that I doubt that she'll have that much of a role. I think that there's a difference. She could appear every now and then with Alexa, but I doubt that she'll be a major character in the series.

First i didn't mean that the way it sounded. If she is a minor character why show her along with the main cast.

Wait then I'm confused, so Clement might not be a gym leader?? Cuz I don't see how they can changer her gym number...
Clemont is a gym leader, but not THE first gym leader. Viola is the official first gym leader of Kalos region. However, due to Ash starting out in Lumiose City and not in Vaniville like in the games, he will most likely battle Clemont first and then fight Viola once he reaches Santalune.

I doubt it. He never gets badges out of order so I don't see why he would now. He can substitute badges but since we don't have the second game yet he can't do that either.
They exchanged Drayden for Roxie.

You know you should really read the posts above yours. I already responded to this with sunnyshore.

First i didn't mean that the way it sounded. If she is a minor character why show her along with the main cast.

Because they were showcasing some of the new characters for XY. Even if she is just a minor character, they could still showcase her to promote the series.

yes but why with the main cast. i could understand if they showed her after team rocket but yeah i think there is more to it then what you think

yes but why with the main cast. i could understand if they showed her after team rocket but yeah i think there is more to it then what you think

It's possible, but I'm not sure. It might be looking too much into it when they were just wanting to showcase one of the new characters to promote the series. Just because they showed her with the main cast doesn't necessarily mean anything in my opinion. I could be wrong, but I think it might be a bit early to assume something like that just from the fact that they showed her picture with the main cast.

Honestly she was probably revealed on smash due to the connection to Alexa, that coupled with being a gym leader already puts her above most of the gym leaders.

She'll probably appear throughout the region with Alexa after the gym battle.

I believe that Viola will play the much coveted and elusive role of "bug-type gym leader", similar to the way that Blaine played the role of "fire-type gym leader".

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom