• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Viola's Trainz Stuff

Princess Viola

Join the Robotech Defense Force today!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
Yeah I like to use the game Trainz: A New Era to create my own Thomas & Friends scenes (or recreate scenes from the TV series and original books) and well I asked a few months ago if this was something that was OK to post here and the mods said it was OK and now that I've started messing with this game again, I figured I might as well start posting both new and old things I've done.

Not gonna flood this opening post with like every single scene I've done, but I'll still drop a few that I've done that I like, but let's start out with my most recent one, which I did today (Any additional comments or info I have about the pic will always be after the image because I just think it looks better that way, I will also put the sources for all the models and routes I use in a secondary spoiler inside each spoiler because I'd just feel bad if I didn't give proper credit to the people who created the custom content I use to make these scenes)
diesel10taneblur.png

This one's a recreation of a scene from the movie Thomas and the Magic Railroad, a film which I have very fond memories of since it was the first film I ever saw in theaters as a child. It's a scene early in the film where the antagonist, Diesel 10, rushes through Killaban Station shouting 'GET OUTTA MY WAY! I have unfinished business here and I wanna finish it fast!' Also tried my hand at some post-screenshot editing by applying a motion blur to Diesel 10 because he's supposed to be rushing past Thomas and Gordon, y'know?

ThreeRailwayEngines2.jpg

This one's a recreation of the cover for the original book that started it all (well the cover used in the 2015 printing of the book).

gordongoesforeignVHS.png

OK so this one needs a bit of explanation: Gordon Goes Foreign was an episode of Thomas & Friends that was planned for series 2 in 1986 but was ultimately cancelled due to budgetary reasons. And well the way I was introduced to Thomas & Friends growing up was via the home video releases, so this is my packaging design for a fictional videotape release of Gordon Goes Foreign. To keep with the 'never made episodes' aspect of things, all of the 'episodes' listed are stories from the RWS books that were never adapted to TV (except for The High-Speed Diesels which would be one of those episodes that replaces/loosely adapts some plot elements from a couple of RWS stories without being a full adaption of them. Also Mavis and the Truck would be called Mavis and the Lorry but seeing as this is meant to be a US release, I had to replace 'lorry' with 'truck' because that was something the US English dub of the show did when these episodes hypothetically would have been made. Yes I put this much thought into this)

Wow, I made some more scenes in Trainz.

Wewantaproperenginen.png

This one's a recreation of a scene from the series 1 episode 'Troublesome Trucks' (or 'Foolish Freight Cars' in the US dub). The entire scene is that James is cross after Thomas reminds him of the time he had to have a leak in a brake pipe repaired with a passenger's bootlace, so he bumps the trucks he's supposed to be pulling and, in response, the trucks proceed to be dicks (as they usually are) and insult James' red paint.

DonaldatHaultraugh.png

This is a completely original one, was checking around and discovered that one of the sites I get my custom content from released an updated version of their RWS Little Western route, so I downloaded it and installed it and decided to make a few scenes using the route. This one is of Donald at Haultraugh picking up and dropping off passengers, meanwhile Duck is pulling away from the station with his coaches.

DuckontheLittleWeste.png

As I was checking out the updated RWS Little Western route, came across this overpass and thought 'Wow, that'd look pretty neat as a scene with an engine crossing it', so I did exactly that.

DonaldontheLittleWes.png

In all honesty, I mostly did this one cause I figured 'Well I did a pic of Duck while he's travelling the line, I should do one for Donald too'. Still if nothing else, I still spent my time on this scene, finding a good location, adjusting the camera, etc. I don't half-ass this stuff.

Back on my Trainz bullshit after several months.

TANEGdrcz90Ezt.png

Meant to be a representation of a scene from the series 2 episode Old Iron. James is a runaway because some boys were fiddling with his controls and accidentally started him moving (while he didn't have his driver or fireman) and Edward is trying to catch up to him so the inspector can grab hold of James' buffer with the rope so they can stop him.

Back
Top Bottom