• NMLewis challenges his second Gym Leader. Watch here as he explores a partially lit cave and challenges some trainers on the beach.

Virus?

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I went to the article Blue (game) and I think I might have gotten a virus that only allows my computer to visit bulbagarden.net and no other websites.

Last edited:
The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
What do you mean? How is that even possible?

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
I don't know. When I visited the article, my security notified me of a virus that it was trying to block and now the internet will only allow me to go on bulbagarden.net

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
So, you can't type in www.google.com or anything? It just relocates you to the main Bulbagarden page?

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
When using Mozilla Firefox, it would say "Problem loading page. Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections."

When using Internet Explorer, it would say "Internet Explorer could not display the webpage"

黒い王様
Reaction score
A proxy?

In Firefox, go
Tools > Options > Advanced > Settings
Then turn off the proxy, or set it to automatically detect. Either should fix your problem. If it's already on those....sounds like just a weird error in your Firefox. Try uninstalling and reinstalling if that's the case.

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Mr. Archaic! It worked for Firefox but do you know how I could fix the problem on Internet Explorer??

黒い王様
Reaction score
Don't know the exact place that would be, but it'll be the same kind of thing in the options somewhere.

What was the proxy entered in there? Seems very strange something could get there without your knowledge.

Yes, that's really my neck
Reaction score
In IE, it's probably under Internet Options > Connection or some variant thereof.

Although the question is - why would you ever need a site other than Bulbagarden.net? :D

Can I get an encore?
Reaction score
As Trom said: in the world of bugs and viruses, this might be the best one ever.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, there is more to the internet than Bulbagarden. :p
*gasp* What? There's more?

What version of Internet Explorer do you have, and what operating system? If you're on XP or Vista and have IE 5, 6, or 7, upgrade to IE8. If you're on Windows 7, upgrade to IE9 beta. That might correct the issue.

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
*gasp* What? There's more?

What version of Internet Explorer do you have, and what operating system? If you're on XP or Vista and have IE 5, 6, or 7, upgrade to IE8. If you're on Windows 7, upgrade to IE9 beta. That might correct the issue.
I believe I have 7. I'll try upgrading it and see if that helps.

Thanks everybody for the help, even though I don't understand why I'd need any other website ^_^;

Reaction score
Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
Were you logged in at the time? It could have been caused by an ad.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Pokémon Wikipedia. Oh I love how they call us that.

As for trojans, they should be reported in the bad ad thread. Ad companies will do anything for revenue, apparently.

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
Don't worry, I already fixed the TV Tropes article. However, I'm not really sure why the notice is there; it's not overly relevant to their article, but that's more of TV Tropes' problem than our's.

Reaction score
Pokémon Wikipedia. Oh I love how they call us that.
It's a little less insulting then when I see them referring to this place as the Pokemon Wikia.

Don't worry, I already fixed the TV Tropes article. However, I'm not really sure why the notice is there; it's not overly relevant to their article, but that's more of TV Tropes' problem than our's.
I think its just a public service announcement in that the article itself has a lot of links to Bulbapedia.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Either way it's an issue that's causing our reputation to suffer.