• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Virus?

Re: Virus? (Updated with Another Virus)

i have been using avast for awhile and it has done very well avg is just pure junk along with norton

after having to reinstall the Operating System.[/I]
im not questioning you per-se, but are you sure that was the most necessary precaution? ive had to deal with my fair share of nasty viruses (be it my own computer or someone elses) and have never lost massive amounts of data (no more than 50mb i suppose), nor had to even reload Windows.
Yes, the computer eventually became 100% inoperable. Windows would not launch at all, and all other methods of rectifying the situation had been exhausted.

Believe me, I would not have taken such extreme measures if they were not completely necessary.

but do get avast everyone if it detects a infected ad it will block it in firefox it will appear as the connection to the server has been reset in internet explorer problbably can not display this webnpage

but do get avast everyone if it detects a infected ad it will block it in firefox it will appear as the connection to the server has been reset in internet explorer problbably can not display this webnpage

Sorry for another seemingly pointless post but: If you're going to take Dawn~Berlitz' advice (I personally wouldn't recommend Avast), and you're not overly experienced with computers (I imagine most people are clued up enough; but in my line of work there are always surprises) please remove your existing anti-virus first, as having more than one can cause your computer a lot more harm than good.

i switched to avast from using norton after my time period expired i am satisified with it and if you thinking avira is better its not ask my buddy whos pc i had to redo due to the fact that avira failed to protect he hasnt had a problem with avast so far and neither have i

Let us not derail the thread with discussions of which anti-virus software is better.

Is the virus on Bulbapedia only, or is it on all of Bulbagarden?

I've actually gotten it from Fanfiction.net, so you might want to watch out there too.

This seems very troublesome. Its a good thing I almost never use Bulbapedia. Guess I'm gonna have to make it absolutely never until a solution is found. I think the most reasonable solution would be trying to replace the ads. Of course I'm not much of a genius on the internet so....

We think the problematic ads have now been eliminated by our networks. Please let us know ASAP if they reoccur. It should however be safe to resume regular browsing of Bulbapedia.

I a scaredy cat so I'll wait to hear from people who tried it out already before doing anything. Thank you very much, though!

Quick question, are phones susceptible to a virus like this?
I ask cuz I'm forced to browse on my cell for now.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom