• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Virus?

Buzz

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I went to the article Blue (game) and I think I might have gotten a virus that only allows my computer to visit bulbagarden.net and no other websites.

Last edited:
I don't know. When I visited the article, my security notified me of a virus that it was trying to block and now the internet will only allow me to go on bulbagarden.net

When using Mozilla Firefox, it would say "Problem loading page. Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections."

When using Internet Explorer, it would say "Internet Explorer could not display the webpage"

A proxy?

In Firefox, go
Tools > Options > Advanced > Settings
Then turn off the proxy, or set it to automatically detect. Either should fix your problem. If it's already on those....sounds like just a weird error in your Firefox. Try uninstalling and reinstalling if that's the case.

Thank you so much, Mr. Archaic! It worked for Firefox but do you know how I could fix the problem on Internet Explorer??

In IE, it's probably under Internet Options > Connection or some variant thereof.

Although the question is - why would you ever need a site other than Bulbagarden.net? :D

Contrary to popular belief, there is more to the internet than Bulbagarden. :p

*gasp* What? There's more?

What version of Internet Explorer do you have, and what operating system? If you're on XP or Vista and have IE 5, 6, or 7, upgrade to IE8. If you're on Windows 7, upgrade to IE9 beta. That might correct the issue.

*gasp* What? There's more?

What version of Internet Explorer do you have, and what operating system? If you're on XP or Vista and have IE 5, 6, or 7, upgrade to IE8. If you're on Windows 7, upgrade to IE9 beta. That might correct the issue.

I believe I have 7. I'll try upgrading it and see if that helps.

Thanks everybody for the help, even though I don't understand why I'd need any other website ^_^;

Pokémon Wikipedia. Oh I love how they call us that.

As for trojans, they should be reported in the bad ad thread. Ad companies will do anything for revenue, apparently.

Pokémon Wikipedia. Oh I love how they call us that.
It's a little less insulting then when I see them referring to this place as the Pokemon Wikia.

Don't worry, I already fixed the TV Tropes article. However, I'm not really sure why the notice is there; it's not overly relevant to their article, but that's more of TV Tropes' problem than our's.
I think its just a public service announcement in that the article itself has a lot of links to Bulbapedia.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom