• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

There are only two words in the English language that can sum up how this makes me feel:

"Fuck" and "Yes"

The fact that they're labeling this series starting with volume 15 leaves them in a bit of a hole when they get to the HeartGold/SoulSilver Chapter, doesn't it? Will they continue that from Diamond & Pearl/Platinum's numbering, or will they reset it to one? We'll see. At the very least, this retroactively rationalizes VIZ's decision to keep the "The Seventh Chapter" page in DP/Pt's volume 1.

The fact that they're labeling this series starting with volume 15 leaves them in a bit of a hole when they get to the HeartGold/SoulSilver Chapter, doesn't it? Will they continue that from Diamond & Pearl/Platinum's numbering, or will they reset it to one? We'll see. At the very least, this retroactively rationalizes VIZ's decision to keep the "The Seventh Chapter" page in DP/Pt's volume 1.

Here's your answer:
http://store.viz.com/Pokmon-Adventures-Heart-Gold-Soul-Silver/A/1421559005.htm
http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Adventures-Heart-Gold-Silver/dp/1421559005/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I'm a bit surprised that they're going back to volume one for the HG/SS volumes, but they might try to do that with most of the later arcs if possible. They probably won't be able to do that with B/W since I think that the last bit of the HG/SS arc and the start of the B/W arc is in the same volume. Unless they put in the last chapter in the second volume to make it longer like what happened with volume 14, then I don't think that they'll start over again with labeling with the B/W. Still, I'm glad to see that they'll still release the HG/SS arcs. I still wish that they had kept with releasing the older volumes along with releasing the D/P/Pl volumes, if only so that most of the R/S volumes could have been released by now, but at least they're releasing them, so that's better than if they didn't do anything with them at all.

I'm a bit surprised that they're going back to volume one for the HG/SS volumes, but they might try to do that with most of the later arcs if possible. They probably won't be able to do that with B/W since I think that the last bit of the HG/SS arc and the start of the B/W arc is in the same volume. Unless they put in the last chapter in the second volume to make it longer like what happened with volume 14, then I don't think that they'll start over again with labeling with the B/W. Still, I'm glad to see that they'll still release the HG/SS arcs. I still wish that they had kept with releasing the older volumes along with releasing the D/P/Pl volumes, if only so that most of the R/S volumes could have been released by now, but at least they're releasing them, so that's better than if they didn't do anything with them at all.

They could do what they did with volume 14 and take the last chapters from the last volume of HeartGold & SoulSilver and put it in the first Black and White volume as the first chapters.

They could do what they did with volume 14 and take the last chapters from the last volume of HeartGold & SoulSilver and put it in the first Black and White volume as the first chapters.

That's true and I'm pretty sure that I mentioned that as the only way they could start off the B/W volumes as number one again. It would seem a bit too early to do that with HG/SS only being two volumes long in that case, but it's certainly possible.

Speaking of starting Black and White over as volume one....

Pokémon Adventures: Black and White, Vol. 1: Hidenori Kusaka, Satoshi Yamamoto: 9781421558981: Amazon.com: Books

I'm pretty excited about this development. Sure they're screwing up the numbers, but really, I'll take weirdly numbered versions as long as they actually come out! Although I'm thinking of trying to make custom numbered stickers to stick on the volumes to make some sort of consistency.

That's pretty awesome too. I didn't think that the first actual B/W volume would come out until late next year at the earliest for some reason, so I'm happy with it coming out earlier. I'm so happy that they're going to be releasing so many volumes of different arcs next year. I still wish that they didn't wait so long for the R/S volumes, but this almost makes up for that completely for me. I'll just have to save up more money to preorder them. The numbering system is kind of weird, but I'm perfectly okay with it as well as long as we actually get the volumes.

So
Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver Vol 1-14
Ruby/Sapphire 15-??
Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald ??
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum 1-??
HeartGold & SoulSilver 1-??
Black and white 1-??

That about right?

Last edited:
So... how do you think certain scenes will be handled? You know, the ones...

Huh, so they are indeed gonna go through with the entire series. That's awesome, cause frankly after DP, Pt HGSS and BW where a mess to follow, and it gives me personally a chance to finally get what the hell's going on.

I like the fact that they are still re-releasing them, they did the same with the Gold & Silver adventures back in 2010 too.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom