• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Voice actor for the English Pokémon dub gets married: Wedding bells ring for Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Voice actor for the English Pokémon dub gets married: Wedding bells ring for Pokémon voice talent

On Saturday May 18, 2013, Jamie McGonnigal and his partner, Sean Carlson, tied the knot during a ceremony on the shores of Cape Cod, surrounded by their loving family and friends.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Voice actor for the English Pokémon dub gets married: Wedding bells ring for Poké

GO JAMIE!!!!!

He said the two of them met in a bar or restaurant in DC during an activism event.

Re: Voice actor for the English Pokémon dub gets married: Wedding bells ring for Poké

Congrats to him. I've always generally liked his work on Pokemon. From the first time I heard him in the 4Kids dub as Tommy Grimm, up until now in the TPCi dub as Trip, he's always been a great VA.

He managed to take a character I despised, Barry, and make him tolerable for me. So, I say, thank you Jamie McGonnigal.

Best wishes (no pun intended)! :)

That's wonderful news. I knew that he was engaged, but I wasn't sure if the wedding had already happened or not. Congratulations to Jamie and Sean for their marriage and I wish them nothing but happiness for their futures as well.

Last edited:

Good for him. I knew he was engaged too , but didn't know the date was so soon. I've always enjoyed his work for the dub and he particularly makes Barry more of a bearable character. Congrats to Jamie and Sean!

Thanks so much for the post and for all your kind words! The first few days of married life have been awesome! Thanks again for all the 'Best Wishes' :)

Congratulations!!! I am happy it goes well for you!

Congrats~ I hope the two of you have a happy life together! :)

Congratulations, Jamie! :) I hope you two have a wonderful life together!

So? They get a mention about their marriage because they are gay? or are they the first pokemon voice actors/employees to ever get married in the history of the show? because it seems like they are getting special mention for something that should be considered normal.

This seems unequal and therefore almost as unfair and unjustified as the hate some people must endure sometimes.

So? They get a mention about their marriage because they are gay? or are they the first pokemon voice actors/employees to ever get married in the history of the show? because it seems like they are getting special mention for something that should be considered normal.

This seems unequal and therefore almost as unfair and unjustified as the hate some people must endure sometimes.
Well Jaime Mcg himself said in a post that he had been fighting for this and then I do not see why we can not congratulate him. If he is happy because of he fighted for something then nothing is wrong with congratulations.

Congrats, Jamie! Like almost everyone has said, I hope you two have a happy and fruitful life with each other!

It should be considered normal, but unfortunately it still isn't, given all the time and effort that so many people, including Jamie himself have put in to make this possible, I'd say this is worthy of congratulations.

Hopefully one day things like this will be no big deal, but that day isn't here yet.

Congratulations Jamie and Sean! I wish you two many, many years of happiness.

That this got reported (and not other, hypothetical, marriages) got reported iis just a matter of which marriages we heard about among the VAs.

That said, I also agree with crazycanuck.

I'd be happy to report any other marriages that occur! Jamie's just happened to be a very recent event, so it managed to get reported. It wouldn't make sense to write an article for someone whose wedding occurred years ago. You congratulate someone as it's happened. If anyone else on Pokemon staff gets married, or any other major event occurs in their lives, and we manage to hear about it, then it'll get reported! It's always great as fans to show our support to the people that help create the franchise and the characters we love.

I'm very happy for Jamie! Great job! =D

Yay for people getting married!!!!! I hope that Jamie has a wonderful married life! :D

Hey there,

Firstly, I didn't ask for the mention - but I'm very grateful for it. Yes, it seems there is a special mention for something that *should* be considered normal, but unfortunately it's not considered normal in 38 states. And because of that, kids grow up thinking there is something wrong with them - a lot of those kids are fans of Pokémon. And after every book they read and every movie they see tells them a story of a man and a woman riding off into the sunset together to live happily ever after, they need to hear a story like ours.

Someone needs to let them know that it's possible for them to live happily ever after as well. Thanks, Bulbagarden for giving those kids a little hope - we all need it to survive.

Hopefully someday, we won't have to work so hard to tell our stories and kids will grow up knowing there's nothing wrong with them. But until then, please keep sharing them.

Thanks again so much,

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom