• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Volcarona vs. Genesect

S.S. Shadow Minun

is back for 2014
Reaction score
Generation V introduces many Bug-types, but Volcarona and Genesect are the only two Bug-types that can learn Fly but not part Flying-type (due to that the number of types per one Pokemon is restricted to two instead of three, Volcarona is part Fire-type while Genesect is part Steel-type). Volcarona has a unique type combinations while Genesect is the first Legendary Bug Pokemon in the National Dex order.

*Which design looks better?
*Which one you could take flight with?
*Who could win in a fight between two?
*Which would be your overall preferrence?

Personally, I'm a Volcarona fan all the way. Whether because it's my breeding trick, or its very high Special Attack, or its unique typing, I definitely have a fondness for it. I do think it would win in a fight between itself and Genesect.

Nothing personal against Genesect but if I had to choose Volcarona takes my vote. One I think it's design and inspiration are way cool I mean who doesn't like Mothra. Two I think it would be more comfortable to fly on Volcarona's back for the reason that it could keep warm on cold winter days. Three I think Volcarona could handle it's own against a Genesect it would scorch the living daylight's out of it.

For a legendary Pokemon, Genesect looks kind of...boring. I like it's backstory and all, but aesthetically, it looks more like a relative of Scizor's than it does a legendary Pokemon.

Volcarona, on the other hand, is what Genesect should have looked like. Not to mention its typing is unique.

My vote goes to Volcarona, one of my all time favorite Bug Pokemon.

Genesect is 4x's weak to Volcarona's STAB... he doesn't stand a chance in battle (and once Volca get's a Quiver Dance in he's double screwed)

I gotta admit I think Genescet looks better and it's got an interesting design and history and stuff. But game wise, Volcarona all the way for me!

I like it's backstory and all, but aesthetically, it looks more like a relative of Scizor's than it does a legendary Pokemon.
Well, it does make sense for it to look like that, at least. It's not a legendary because of being a mystical creature nor anything, it's just a normal bug with cybernetic implants.
It's like if you gave Tyranitar a jetpack and arm cannons.

But yeah, Volcarona all the way. That one IS a mystical creature.

Well, it does make sense for it to look like that, at least. It's not a legendary because of being a mystical creature nor anything, it's just a normal bug with cybernetic implants.
It's like if you gave Tyranitar a jetpack and arm cannons.

But yeah, Volcarona all the way. That one IS a mystical creature.

Ttar with a jet-pack and arm cannons would be badass.

Genesect looks more like Pinsir with cyber-armor. Admittedly epic, but not "legendary" epic.

I like the look of Genesect, and the fact that it's fast and powerful. It shreds through most of the opposition. It's quite epic.

Volcarona, on the other hand, is quite nice and would throughly destroy Genesect in battle.

I like them both, really.

I love Volcarona most for giving both Fire and Bug types (two types that often get shafted) a strong representative. Marvelous stats, powerful and rare moves, and magnificent design certainly help, too; they all go together so well. Genesect is cool and all, but it just can't stand up to Volcarona at all, especially with that 4x Fire weakness.

Volcarona. No contest.

Badass design reminiscent of a seraph, obscenely high special attack, learning one of the best fire-type moves in the game and awaesomne cry wins

Honestly, Genesect looks...underwhelming. It's an ordinary pokemon with implants. You'd think it'd look more mechanical and badass or something. And its signature move, Techno Blast is just awful.

I personally like Volcarona's design better. It looks more elegant, but Genesect's design is cool too.
You could probably take flight on Genesect faster than Volcarona.
One fire attack from Volcarona KOs Genesect. Not to mention, Volcarona is faster than Genesect.
I overall prefer Volcarona. My vote goes to Volcarona.

I somehow feel this urge to vote for Genesect, because it's a legendary. Besides, there are almost no votes for it as of this post, so I'm partially voting for it out of pity.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom