• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here:

Voltorb Flip or Slots?

Do you prefer the Voltorb Flip or the Slots?

• Voltorb Flip

Votes: 78 54.2%
  • Slots

Votes: 66 45.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Re: Game corner games

voltorb flip for me. i have horrible luck at the slots

The Marauder
Reaction score

I prefer voltorb flip for me. Once you get the hang of it, its actually quite fun

Some Guy
Reaction score

I like the slots better. Voltorb Flip is pretty annoying.

Born at a Yung Age
Reaction score

Slots.
I'm a monster at timing.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P
Reaction score

Screw both, Card flip FTW!

Too bad it didn't make it into either the US or JP versions of the remakes.

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score

Screw both, Card flip FTW!

Too bad it didn't make it into either the US or JP versions of the remakes.
I actually liked Voltorb Flip. If they made it into a betting game, it would have been even better.

I do all my own sprites
Reaction score

Roulette was the best, although voltorb flip is better than the slots. (Slightly)

Disaster approaches...
Reaction score

I like Voltorb Flip, but why'd they take away the option to buy coins? Anyone who's not good at Voltorb Flip is going to have a terribly hard time getting Game Corner prizes (especially Porygon).

Reaction score

I like Voltorb Flip, but why'd they take away the option to buy coins? Anyone who's not good at Voltorb Flip is going to have a terribly hard time getting Game Corner prizes (especially Porygon).
but inversely, anyone who's bad at slots and roulette have the same problem

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score

but inversely, anyone who's bad at slots and roulette have the same problem
But when we had slots and roulette around, we still had the option to buy coins.

That said, I love Voltorb Flip to death. I never actually missed the feature to buy coins because it's so fun playing VF that I racked up thousands of coins in no time. Of course, the feature still should've been there for those who don't like the game.

Gabite Evolved!
Reaction score

Slots. Voltorb Flib is BOOOOOOOOOOORING AND HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD..................

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score

Slots. Voltorb Flib is BOOOOOOOOOOORING AND HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD..................
I imagine that you're one of the people who just bought the coins.

Slots.
I'm a monster at timing.
So am I, but it doesn't work all the time. The reels slip, like they do on real skill-stop slot machines.

Gym Apprentice
Reaction score

I actually liked Voltorb Flip. Once you had it figured out, it was a fun little game.

I still would prefer to have the ability to buy coins, though.

EDIT: Thanks, guys. This thread spurred me to play Voltorb Flip for another hour and a half. Lost some time, but now have a Porygon. Meh.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I'm a big fan of Voltorb Flip. I never bothered with the Game Corner before it came along.

back to the start
Reaction score
Voltorb Flip is immensely superior. It actually uses skill, which, going by the number of people who voted for the slots, a lot of you seem to lack.

Researcher
Reaction score
Voltorb Flip is immensely superior. It actually uses skill, which, going by the number of people who voted for the slots, a lot of you seem to lack.
Yeah, I lack the skills to be a competent player on Voltorb Flip, but as I hate the minigame anyway, it doesn't matter if I'm good or not. I only maxed the Coin Case in my American HG with the help of a external calculator -that shows you possible board combinations- for bragging rights (if that could be seen as "bragging", of course) and then I decided it wasn't worth the time, so any TM or item I need is transferred from Platinum, which has the much better slots, the chance of buying coins if you don't have the time to collect them and the possibility of getting many TM 64.

Glorious Goo
Reaction score
I go with the slots since I'm pretty good with them. Playing lots of final fantasy will do that to you.

Reaction score
In the actual game, I prefer Voltorb flip, but the fact that you can't buy coins makes me prefer the slot method. If you could also buy coins in the Voltorb flip, it would be much better.