• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Voltorb Flip or Slots?

Do you prefer the Voltorb Flip or the Slots?

• Voltorb Flip

Votes: 83 53.9%
  • Slots

Votes: 71 46.1%

• Total voters
You will get higher payouts on higher levels. For example, you can get nearly 1,000 coins just for beating the sixth level. If you can play the game correctly, you will get there in less than 10 minutes.

I got 1600 or so coins at level 6, there are differences as the numbers you get seems to be somewhat "random"*.

The fact that you can't buy coins is just a big plus for me, I usually just skiped the slots anyway and I hope it will continue to be this way.

The slots wont return, at least not the way they are today, but I can see a games that is exactly the same whit a somewhat different look, called something else and don't require you to pay to play.

I agree that the JP game corner look much better.

What I want is a game corner whit many games, none of them will require you to pay, since EU laws would just stop that anyway, but you would be unable to buy coins. Why not just bring in some of the old games?
Roulette, Card Flip, Voltorb Flip, "Slots" and maybe something new. That would be good IMO.

*Computers can't be random.

Voltorb Flip level 7 gives over 2000 coins per victory, often over 2500. Slots give better payout my ass. Voltorb Flip is awesome.

Voltorb flip goes slow for me, and the payout is certianly much slower considering i always get, like, 5 coins and take my earnings. But i'm all for the whole 'No Risks' thing.

Seriously, how is good the average kid at Minesweeper and Sudoku? The average person? I'm OK at it, but I've only gotten to Level 4 of Voltorb Flip and lost after that.

It's more "fun" that slots, but can we get another way to get multiple TMs like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt for people who aren't into a thinking man's game for a little video game prize?

Voltorb flip. In my opinion, the slots went downhill from DPPt, because instead of timing the reels and having luck, you just sit there watching the Clefairy (while I was getting Explosion on Platinum, it happened to be shiny) and pressing where it points. The Voltorb flip requires skill and is actually fun to play.

If people are losing at it, here's what I do to win at it.

Step one: Flip all of the cards in any row that has 0 Voltorbs in it.
Step two: Find the rows that add up to five (like 2 points and 3 Voltorbs means don't bother with this row).
Step three: Stamp the cards in the rows that add up to five with both the Voltorb and the 1 marks, because they could be either one, and ones don't matter.
Step four: Do math with the multipliers you got from flipping the row with 0 Voltorb, like if a 2 you flipped was in a row that had 5 points and 1 Voltorb, you can mark all of the others with Voltorb and 1.
Step five: After applying step four where it needs to be applied, double check the math if you need to, flip over the other cards that you calculated to be multipliers, and beat the round. If stuck, just guess, because you can't help it that sometimes there are no rows with 0 Voltorbs.

Always works for me.

Slots. As you could buy coins. Also, the game corner didn't look like a guy sitting on a table with 2 old people next to him, who would trade for prizes.
Also, in previous gens gamecorners, there were other games: card flip and roulette. I prefered both over slots, as they were easier to win.

Slots. As much fun as Voltorb Flip is, I can't like it as much as I love the slots. I don't like slots in real life (I'm 24, and I don't gamble), but I love them in the Pokemon games.

I prefer voltorb flip. After finding out some tricks from a friend, it's a breeze and I can easily get to level 5. A lot easier to get coins without breaking the bank.

Whichever allows me to buy goddamn Coins as well as playing the game.

That means, the Slots.

I like voltorb flip better. It is actually a fun game, and I seem to have some more sucess at it than I ever have with the slots. To tell the truth, the only time I really played the slots was in DPPt

flip is better if u want to lose all your money seeing as how u get a number then you get a voltorb

flip is better if u want to lose all your money seeing as how u get a number then you get a voltorb

Obviously you can't play the game. If you can handle the logic behind the game, you will gather coins rather quickly (I tested this once, and could get over 1,000 coins within a 10 minute time window). If you hit a Voltorb, chances are you've already opened some cards to retain your game level, so the loss at one level isn't deathly most of the time. And if you drop to a lower level, you can always climb back (and while you do that, you'll get easy coins on the easier levels).

Jeez. All I want is the Ability to buy the Coins for the Darn Porygon.

Seriously why the heck did I even bother using the Amulet Coin for All of Kanto? XDD

Obviously you can't play the game. If you can handle the logic behind the game, you will gather coins rather quickly (I tested this once, and could get over 1,000 coins within a 10 minute time window). If you hit a Voltorb, chances are you've already opened some cards to retain your game level, so the loss at one level isn't deathly most of the time. And if you drop to a lower level, you can always climb back (and while you do that, you'll get easy coins on the easier levels).

i hate mine sweeper and im bad at logic

i hate mine sweeper and im bad at logic

Then practice, practice, practice. You'll get much better if you keep trying. Do you even use the mark function, or do you just hit random squares? All that is needed is some basic math skill.

Game corner games

which do you like better? the slots present in the original game corners, or the voltorb flip game in HGSS?

Re: Game corner games

Slots. Gamblin and Pokeymanz went together perfectly!! Plus voltorb flip is hard.

Re: Game corner games

I personally hated Voltorb Flip at first. (Still didn't stop me from grinding for a dratini...) Now that I've gotten the hang of it, I really like it.
I prefer gen 3's roulette though.

Back
Top Bottom