• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Voltorb Flip or Slots?

Do you prefer the Voltorb Flip or the Slots?

• Voltorb Flip

Votes: 83 53.9%
  • Slots

Votes: 71 46.1%

• Total voters
Re: Game corner games

I prefer voltorb flip for me. Once you get the hang of it, its actually quite fun

Screw both, Card flip FTW!

Too bad it didn't make it into either the US or JP versions of the remakes.

Roulette was the best, although voltorb flip is better than the slots. (Slightly)

I like Voltorb Flip, but why'd they take away the option to buy coins? Anyone who's not good at Voltorb Flip is going to have a terribly hard time getting Game Corner prizes (especially Porygon).

I like Voltorb Flip, but why'd they take away the option to buy coins? Anyone who's not good at Voltorb Flip is going to have a terribly hard time getting Game Corner prizes (especially Porygon).

but inversely, anyone who's bad at slots and roulette have the same problem

but inversely, anyone who's bad at slots and roulette have the same problem

But when we had slots and roulette around, we still had the option to buy coins.

That said, I love Voltorb Flip to death. I never actually missed the feature to buy coins because it's so fun playing VF that I racked up thousands of coins in no time. Of course, the feature still should've been there for those who don't like the game.

Slots. Voltorb Flib is BOOOOOOOOOOORING AND HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD..................

I actually liked Voltorb Flip. Once you had it figured out, it was a fun little game.

I still would prefer to have the ability to buy coins, though.

EDIT: Thanks, guys. This thread spurred me to play Voltorb Flip for another hour and a half. Lost some time, but now have a Porygon. Meh.

Last edited:
Voltorb Flip is immensely superior. It actually uses skill, which, going by the number of people who voted for the slots, a lot of you seem to lack.

Voltorb Flip is immensely superior. It actually uses skill, which, going by the number of people who voted for the slots, a lot of you seem to lack.

Yeah, I lack the skills to be a competent player on Voltorb Flip, but as I hate the minigame anyway, it doesn't matter if I'm good or not. I only maxed the Coin Case in my American HG with the help of a external calculator -that shows you possible board combinations- for bragging rights (if that could be seen as "bragging", of course) and then I decided it wasn't worth the time, so any TM or item I need is transferred from Platinum, which has the much better slots, the chance of buying coins if you don't have the time to collect them and the possibility of getting many TM 64.

I go with the slots since I'm pretty good with them. Playing lots of final fantasy will do that to you.

In the actual game, I prefer Voltorb flip, but the fact that you can't buy coins makes me prefer the slot method. If you could also buy coins in the Voltorb flip, it would be much better.

Back
Top Bottom