• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Vote to Befriend a Pokemon- who did you pick/who will you vote for.

Zapdos was 21st, so I've voted for Ditto (as it's number 2).

I can see how its ability can be useful for the metagame, and to be honest, I have 4 Arceus - one of which being the Japanese GL poll one - like all the others, it's level 100 but it doesn't have any cool moves. Out of the top 10, the only ones that would be "new" to me are Ditto and Pikachu.
Haha, Ditto, number 2.

Ditto's ability isn't necessarily good for the metagame--it ruins quite a few things and steals setup efforts, and reveals sets and secrets... and it's extremely easy to conceptually build. (31 IV HP, 252 EV HP.)

Haha, Ditto, number 2.

Ditto's ability isn't necessarily good for the metagame--it ruins quite a few things and steals setup efforts, and reveals sets and secrets... and it's extremely easy to conceptually build. (31 IV HP, 252 EV HP.)
Sounds more like the thing that would be a bitch to have to face, but to actually have it on your team, could be quite a useful tool.

Sounds more like the thing that would be a bitch to have to face, but to actually have it on your team, could be quite a useful tool.
But that's Arceus, Kyogre, Shaymin-S, and many other pokemon as well.

When one's concerned, as far as the metagame goes, about an individual pokemon, the concern ultimately centers on whether or not that individual pokemon has too much undue (sic, redundant) effect on the metagame. (The standard is more concrete for the lower competitive tiers, where a pokemon, being overused, get booted up.)

Ditto sort of undoes the creativity and efforts of other teams... it also throws a wrench in the decision process, as it discourages building a pokemon designed to sweep through the whole of another pokemon's team (as Ditto will make hay of that). At the very least, people will have to think of ways they can check their own pokemon, which is certainly odd.

Darkrai, because the Dark beast has eluded me for too long! lol But I'd be fine with any free one

Im stuck between Imposter Ditto, Celebi, Jirachi, Mew or Blaziken with Speed Boost. What should I choose

Im stuck between Imposter Ditto, Celebi, Jirachi, Mew or Blaziken with Speed Boost. What should I choose

I would choose teh Celebi or Ditto.Since Ditto has a higher winning chace then Celebi atm then, if I were you, I would choose Ditto.

Voted for Ditto. It's more useful than Arceus, which I won't use for sure.

But that's Arceus, Kyogre, Shaymin-S, and many other pokemon as well.

When one's concerned, as far as the metagame goes, about an individual pokemon, the concern ultimately centers on whether or not that individual pokemon has too much undue (sic, redundant) effect on the metagame. (The standard is more concrete for the lower competitive tiers, where a pokemon, being overused, get booted up.)

Ditto sort of undoes the creativity and efforts of other teams... it also throws a wrench in the decision process, as it discourages building a pokemon designed to sweep through the whole of another pokemon's team (as Ditto will make hay of that). At the very least, people will have to think of ways they can check their own pokemon, which is certainly odd.

Anothey reason to why Imposter Ditto shouldnt win and seriously what make you think they wont released Ditto in another DW area? Legendaries will porperly never be released in some areas but non-legends like Ditto certainly will especially when pokemon-gl can see alot of votes on it, then they mgith just concider release a new area with Ditto and a aweful lot of other pokemons within that area, legendaries are the only pokemon i guess who is only availabe in the DW if there is poll vote for either Arceus or anoother legendary

Anothey reason to why Imposter Ditto shouldnt win and seriously what make you think they wont released Ditto in another DW area? Legendaries will porperly never be released in some areas but non-legends like Ditto certainly will especially when pokemon-gl can see alot of votes on it, then they mgith just concider release a new area with Ditto and a aweful lot of other pokemons within that area, legendaries are the only pokemon i guess who is only availabe in the DW if there is poll vote for either Arceus or anoother legendary
Every Pokémon which exists in a generation, which has ended, has eventually been available by the end of the generation even without having to rely on transfering from previous generation since generation III so I expect this will also happen in generation V so this poll isn't very useful for obtaining Pokémon with no hidden abilities because if a Pokémon without a hidden ability wins it should eventually be available again by a different game or event. If your theory about legendary Pokémon not appearing in the dream world without a poll is correct the legendary Pokémon which this poll is useful for are Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Lugia, Ho-oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Heatran, some of which will be able to be voted for in another confirmed poll which is a poll in which you vote for a version mascot to appear in the dream world. That list of legendaries has no event Pokémon.

Last edited:
So they won't release legendaries in a specific area, but its not like they're not releasing these legendaries, period. They didn't just create DW abilities for things like Ho-Oh to never release them. Their release will limit each game to only one, yes, but that's like all games with legendaries.

All these people voting for Pokémon like Mew or Jirachi because "lol thy r hard 2 get" - why!?

I've voted Deoxys because it is the last Pokemon I have to catch within my original goal of 493.

I have no idea. These Pokemon wern't hard to get, there was a event for them.
While events aren't released globally, there's been enough events for Mew (unlimited via Ranch, wifi download for anniversary) and Jirachi (Colo. and seems like its given out every year) that they can certainly trade. Given they have wifi, which they should if they're voting for this in the first place.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom