• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Vtuber Thread

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
From Hololive to Vshojo to the indies and the OG Kizuna AI, here's a thread for discussing all things Vtuber.

Anyone have any favorites? Kson and Korone are up there for me for sure.

I love Mori Calliope, she's such a cool "older sister"-type person and is super nice. I respect her Japanese-learning tenacity and her general drive. I aspire to be like her someday, in a lot of ways.
Calliope is a big one for me too. Pekora and Kiara and Ame too.

I like Ina'nis a lot, but she's unfortunately taken a break for her health now. The utaite Namirin was a vtuber briefly before taking a hiatus. Please come back ; -- ;

I watch Pikamee for the bilingualism and because she doesn't cater towards romantic interaction with her audience. Haneuzu (from VOMS) is also nice.

I don't follow VTubers that much outside of a few on Twitter for stuff.

I do follow VShojo stuff occasionally and watch some of their clips. The primary one I follow for Vtubers is a small scale one named Honey Goblin, who plays a fantasy barmaid Goblin as her avatar.

Some of the ones I follow on Twitter but meaning to follow in videos are; wernope, Bao, techincally Merryweather (artist on VShojo stuff), Umbral, Rinary Bun. I think there is a few more but I don't want to go deeper.

I also technically follow Lucahjin whose a old-school let's player who streams with a horse girl VTuber model, I've follow her for a long time but I don't watch her content often outside of her stuff with her husband Proton Jon and The Runaway Guys Colosseum crew.

I’ve been down the rabbit hole of Vtubers for a while now, tumbling slowly down. But I think that this video is about to make me go down Pikamee’s rabbit hole so hard, it would put one of Tigger’s fastballs to shame:

Famous last words, haha. And she didn’t even get to Christopher Robin yet…

(For the uninitiated, this should sum things up about this game and its reputation quite nicely.)

I love how her whole commentary slowly devolves into a bunch of R-rated English swearing as you get to the halfway point of the video or so. Or how she speaks English so well that I legit thought that she was a native English speaker who learned Japanese, rather than the other way around.

And speaking of English (and of rabbit holes that I’ll likely be going down)…

If I ever get to learning Japanese, that language’s equivalent of this should be a rite of passage for me, haha.

oh wow, baku likes pikamee? she's my favorite! i found out about her like, two and a half years ago lol! (also pikamee is kind of interesting in that, she... kind of grew up around both English and Japanese as a kid, but slowly lost her English, then regained it?)

but i really like pikamee! i even had a small clip channel for her at one point to practice my translation stuff LOL.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom