• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wait! what? Moments

Hydreigon can only learn Dark Pulse through egg move

Wait! What?

I actually felt pain when I found this out, after rearing my Deino to its final evolved form. I thought, SURELY a dark-type dragon with higher special attack than attack would learn dark pulse on level up..... -_-

I was having a wi-fi battle last night, and my opponent sent out Spin Rotom. I immediately switched in Haxorus with mold breaker and earthquake...

What? Since when was Rotom a flying type?!

Since Generation V came out, Fan Rotom is an Electric/Flying type.

I was on the Battle Subway. Some guy sends out Koffing as his last Pokemon. "Koffing used Explosion!" "Zoroark avoided the attack!"
Also, in the next battle, I send out my Zoroark disguised as a Volcarona, and the opponent sends out a Joltik. I used Aerial Ace and find out it was a Zorua, then it attacks me and breaks my illusion. It was funny.

Last edited:
My sister found a shiny wurmple on her file-we didn't know it was a shiny. She gave it to a friend and her friend deleted her profile w/ the wurmple. If only I had known . . .:bawl: life will go on

Some Staraptor tried to FEAR me at the Battle Subway this morning! D8 Here's a transcript of what happened:

(note: Boca is my Emboar)
The foe's Staraptor used Quick Attack!
Boca used Flare Blitz!
Critical Hit!
-fwop fwop-
Staraptor held on using it's Focus Sash!
Staraptor used Endeavor!

At this point I'm like "Huh...? W-Wait, was that FEAR?!". ...too bad I was using my infinite HP code this morning. >D

Boca used Brick Break!
Staraptor fainted!

...that was basically it. But oh my god, that strategy surprised me! D8; I never thought I'd see FEAR at a place like this! Curse + Resto, or SubPunch, sure, but FEAR? I didn't see that at all at the Battle Frontier, let alone the Battle Subway! Wow!

Wait, what? You mean Ghost attacks ARE supposed to affect Fighting-types? I've been playing Pokemon for how many years and just now found that out? I'd thought it was either a glitch or some weird new thing that made that Drifblim's Ominous Wind hit my Emboar, and just found out last night that that's supposed to happen!

Also, I ran into a wild Sneasel. Didn't want to fight it, so I hit Run.
The wild Sneasel's Quick Claw activated!
Got away safely!
Still not quick enough, were you, Sneasel? XD

Was checking the happiness ratings of my Pokemon in Crystal using Stadium 2.

Wait, my Poliwag hates me?! But why?!

Just had one now.

In FireRed/LeafGreen:
You can't fly back to Kanto once you're in the Sevii islands.
Yep, you're pretty much stuck there until you're done.
Are you freaking kidding me?

Some Staraptor tried to FEAR me at the Battle Subway this morning! D8 Here's a transcript of what happened:

(note: Boca is my Emboar)
The foe's Staraptor used Quick Attack!
Boca used Flare Blitz!
Critical Hit!
-fwop fwop-
Staraptor held on using it's Focus Sash!
Staraptor used Endeavor!

At this point I'm like "Huh...? W-Wait, was that FEAR?!". ...too bad I was using my infinite HP code this morning. >D

Boca used Brick Break!
Staraptor fainted!

...that was basically it. But oh my god, that strategy surprised me! D8; I never thought I'd see FEAR at a place like this! Curse + Resto, or SubPunch, sure, but FEAR? I didn't see that at all at the Battle Frontier, let alone the Battle Subway! Wow!

Haha! That's crazy. I've noticed that the AI in the Battle Subway is much trickier than it ever was in the Battle Tower. I'll have to keep a watch out for these sneaky Staraptors...

I had mine during my first encounter with a shinny pokemon, (long before you meet the shinny gyarados in pokemon gold)

me: Alright time to get a level 70 mewtwo!!
**After getting it to 1HP and falling it asleep many times, throwing all my Ultra Balls (30)**
Me: Oh, A Moon Ball, might as well try.
*shake...shake...shake...CLICK!* Congratulations, MEWTWO was caught!*
Me: WAIT WHATTTT!!!???

It surprised me too when I found out a year ago. Always thought Ice was Supereffective against both Rock and Ground.

Wait, wha?! The final opponent in Pokemon Stadium 2 Little Cup R2 still has his Chansey but would rather send out his Elekid!?

There goes my strategy...

When I found out that you could slip down Gen V Victory Road, when I was just about to get to the league.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom