• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wait! what? Moments

Snorlax learns Whirlwind instead of Roar. The Legendary Birds learn Roar, not Whirlwind.

Wingull can lear Shock Wave by TM.

Slowpoke can learn Flamethrower.

-Surfing along in SS, and then a wild Raikou appeared! WTF why is it in the water, it'll kill/faint all the fish
-Surfing back along the same route some time after that, and then a wild Entei appeared! Another WTF moment, I mean it's a fire pokemon how is it even here?
Also:
-Finding out there were some pokemon with no weaknesses.
-Realizing that you couldn't mate pokemon in LG/FR.
-Old Chateau of course, I wondered where those people went to before I found out they were ghosts. :sweatlol:
-Catching the Red Gyarados in a Love ball :awww:

I've been trying to get through the R-2 Challenge Cup in Pokemon Stadium 2 for the last week or so, and I had several "wait, what?!" moments.

The first one was from a trainer that had a Rattata that was pink. Neon Pink. But it wasn't shiny! It just so happened to be bright pink due to the nicknaming feature.

Or so I thought...

A few days after that, I come across a Pink Ekans.

The next day, a Pink-lipped Poliwag was given to me by the computer for my team.

Just now? Trainer with a Bulbasaur. What color did it come out as?

If you guessed Pink, you're WRONG!!

It was blue. BLUE!! A blue Bulbasaur! With a grey bulb!! And orange eyes!!!! I wish I had the ability to take a picture of my TV without it looking all crappy, but I just looked at the screen dumbfounded thinking my game had glitched up.

WTF, dude!? How in the world did naming a Bulbasaur blubaSAUR result in it being blue?!

Getting a hacked Haxorus on the GTS. *facepalm* It's more punny than "wait, what?" but yeah. :p

Randomly finding a shiny Psyduck in the Sinnoh Safari Zone. Also, catching Zekrom in a Poké Ball in one attempt. (And that Psyduck I mentioned? I caught him too)

I was like "Wait, what?" and :goof:

I can't fly to mt Silver from route 28? And I can't fly to New Bark from route 27? WTF?

Also... For all this time... I thought it was spelled Watortle. not Wartortle. That was a huge "Wait, Whaaat?" moment for me O_O

Randomly finding a shiny Psyduck in the Sinnoh Safari Zone. Also, catching Zekrom in a Poké Ball in one attempt. (And that Psyduck I mentioned? I caught him too)

I was like "Wait, what?" and :goof:

Sorry to ruin your moment, but Zekrom/Reshiram have low catch rates because your unable to progress in the story until they have been caught.

I thought it was weird when my Regirock learned Charge Beam at level up.

Randomly finding a shiny Psyduck in the Sinnoh Safari Zone.
Don't you mean GREAT MARSH!!!?? lol just kidding.

Anyway, I've been trying on the GTS for a lv 100 Garchomp with a mild nature, and I got a shiny one without even knowing it because they look so similar. Only when i sent it out and saw the sparkle i was like "Wait, what! This is AWESOME!"

Just this morning. I get ready to hatch hundreds, possibly thousands, of Rufflet eggs to get a shiny.

Not even ten eggs in, shiny Rufflet! Definite "wait! WHAT?!" moment.

And when I learned that Electric moves worked just fine on Rock-types. I remember the exact circumstances, too. It was in Gold. I was battling the male Pokefan just north of Olivine, and switched in Sudowoodo to battle his Pikachu. I was so surprised when Thunder Wave actually worked on Sudowoodo! In my defense, I was (and still am) an avid fan of the anime, which never really helped out much with that.

With a mustache.

Finding out N has legendary in his team when you battle him, I was like: "WHAT! No Way!"

This guy in the Battle Subway just went to sit in the seat... while still on his motorcycle... "WHAT?"

Also... For all this time... I thought it was spelled Watortle. not Wartortle. That was a huge "Wait, Whaaat?" moment for me O_O

That reminds me, I thought Alomomola was "Alomola" for a while until my brother noticed otherwise.

Every time I get a wild Pokemon battle, literally ONE step from the shaking patch. ; __ ;

Fighting a double battle.
Ordered my Drilbur to use metal claw.
My servine moved first, finishing off an annoying Liepard.
Drilbur leveled up from the experince, and could learn Slash.
I had Drilbur forget... Metal Claw.
Drilbur still used metal claw when his turn came up.

Yeah.

All from FireRed.

What, the Pokemon in the PC aren't just for decoration, so I can actually get something out that uses Cut!? O__o Now I can get to the 3rd gym!

Oh hey, there's a Zapdos at the end of this Power Plant! ... WAIT, YOU BATTLE IT!? I couldn't catch it. I probably should've saved before I talked to it. :Y

Years later:
Ah, the nostalgia... Let me go take my Blastoise and go and pwn some level 2-4 Ratatta and Pidgey for the heck of it. ... Wait, RAIKOU!? I thought I killed you YEARS ago! When I first encountered Raikou, I accidentally made it faint, and I had gone a long time without saving... So I figured I just saved anyways, making it impossible for me to obtain Raikou. (Which made me kind of sad since I RAEGQUIT both attempts to catch Raikou in Colo while I caught both Entei and Suicune.)

Fighting a double battle.
Ordered my Drilbur to use metal claw.
My servine moved first, finishing off an annoying Liepard.
Drilbur leveled up from the experince, and could learn Slash.
I had Drilbur forget... Metal Claw.
Drilbur still used metal claw when his turn came up.

Yeah.

Must be something new in Gen V. Before it would use the old move (Slash) in this case.

(Well, it could also be a Gen IV thing. I can't remember if it was in Gen III or IV that it would do that, so...)

Sheer Cold only has 30% accuracy, yet it seems like it hits more often than this. :eek:

Sheer Cold only has 30% accuracy, yet it seems like it hits more often than this. :eek:
Substitute that with Hypnosis or Sing and you have one of my "Wait, WHAT?!" moments. Even worse, I try to use either move and it won't slagging hit at all! :sweat:

-Earthquake won't hit Tranquil, which might be a Flying type, but it is standing on the ground. Yeah, an old robot saying pops into my head when I think about that: "Does not compute!"

-When I first heard Golurk could learn Fly. I said, "Whoa, waitasec! Are you serious?!" But that was followed by, "That is quite possibly the coolest thing ever." Maybe the next Golurk I raise I should call him Gigantor. :lol:

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom