• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wait! what? Moments

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but in battle subway Super Singles there is a strange trainer that has a trio of starters.

She has a Torterra that seems to be able to out speed my Mienshao that has a base speed of 307. Of course I checked out Torterra's speed and it only goes to 232 max.

I also have a Torterra and I know how slow it is and I compensate with the move "Rock Polish" for it's terrible speed stat. I was shocked when it out sped my Mienshao and used an attacking move.

I still won the battle and my Mienshao had a Focus Sash, but it was a "What!?" moment for sure lol.

I can only assume this was a glitch of some kind, or these particular starters have illegal stats (on purpose), or it could just have been my mind playing tricks on me.

Either way I still won, so it didn't bother me all that much.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but in battle subway Super Singles there is a strange trainer that has a trio of starters.

She has a Torterra that seems to be able to out speed my Mienshao that has a base speed of 307. Of course I checked out Torterra's speed and it only goes to 232 max.

I also have a Torterra and I know how slow it is and I compensate with the move "Rock Polish" for it's terrible speed stat. I was shocked when it out sped my Mienshao and used an attacking move.

I still won the battle and my Mienshao had a Focus Sash, but it was a "What!?" moment for sure lol.

I can only assume this was a glitch of some kind, or these particular starters have illegal stats (on purpose), or it could just have been my mind playing tricks on me.

Either way I still won, so it didn't bother me all that much.

It might have been holding that speed-raising scarf thing that I can't remember the name of. The Choice item one.

I've only got two such moments I can think of.

First: Earthquake misses. AND NO ACCURACY ALTERING MOVES WERE USED. WTF, man, Earthquake is supposed to have 100 accuracy! >_>

Second: A Togepi I had in Platinum using Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, and I think Judgement as well through Metronome. Consecutively. That was one hell of a Togepi.

Oh, and in HG recently, I was trying to train the Togepi from the egg you get and it used Lunar Dance (Cresselia's move) through Metronome. It fainted and my other team members were full health. >.>

I've only got two such moments I can think of.

First: Earthquake misses. AND NO ACCURACY ALTERING MOVES WERE USED. WTF, man, Earthquake is supposed to have 100 accuracy! >_>

Second: A Togepi I had in Platinum using Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, and I think Judgement as well through Metronome. Consecutively. That was one hell of a Togepi.

Oh, and in HG recently, I was trying to train the Togepi from the egg you get and it used Lunar Dance (Cresselia's move) through Metronome. It fainted and my other team members were full health. >.>

About the Earthquake missing it might be possible that the opponent was holding BrightPowder to reduce accuracy slightly, which would be able to explain why that move missed. Otherwise who knows lol.

And Togepi using those moves in a row is amazing what luck lol. Oh and not such luck on the Lunar Dance move XD

Togepi used Volt Tackle!
Foe's Milotic fainted!
Togepi used Aeroblast!
Foe's Torterra fainted!
Togepi used Roar of Time!
Foe's Dragonite fainted!

Nice.

Don't know if somebody else brought this up, but... Whenever you think you've beaten a Pokemon and it has ONE HP left.

Hearing the shiny Pokémon sound when an Egg hatches, then realising it was the TV that made the noise. Ugh.

Togepi in Gold version using Metronome, causing it to use Explosion on a Wooper with a very very very low amount of health left. Overkill? XD

EDIT: Oh and arcording to to the Pokémon trainer's choice, Arbok evolves into Seviper.

Last edited:
Togepi in HG/SS seems to enjoy using powerful moves when using Metronome. My friend had a streak going, where he managed almost all of the legendary signature moves (Roar of Time, Shadow Force, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Spatial Rend, etc.) in the course of an hour. That was great. Must be something with the way the hexadecimal numbers of the Togepi match up with the randomizer in the games.

I caught Reshiram after tossing one Quick Ball and one Dusk Ball.

...wut...

....I bought 100 Ultra Balls... gimmie my money back you f***ing dragon....

In Black Version, I happily continued the post-game and went to explore the eastern part of the region. I was around level 45, Reshiram being 52

The first trainer I met was around level 65

....wut

When in Gen 1, there was always a chance that the Pokemon could avoid the thrown Poke Ball.

If the probabilities are right, your Master Ball can fail.

Wrong. The Master Ball skips the catch formula entirely, which is why it always succeeds. (with the exception of ghost Marowak, but that's rather obvious...)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom