• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wait! what? Moments

After nearly five years of playing Emerald, I found out that Team Magma Admin Tabitha is a guy. /facepalm

Going out for two weeks, and having a shitload of new Pokémon when I returned, damn, I felt so out of place for not knowing them.

Somehow losing the Treecko I got from Steven ):
J/k, totally forgot it already fully evolved to a Sceptile, having it in my party.

That the Steven-related events won't activate for me on HG, and that the Typhlosion I traded away passed on its bad stats (Attack/Defense) and didn't even give the benefit of letting the then-Cyndaquil offspring have its only good stat (I tellya, it was at least 30 IV). This was before I found this stupid snippet on my Prima guidebook (which spread a bullshit rumor that sons inherit their mother's stats, or something) to be false, so I was pissed. v_V

And that even its nature-boosted stat is made to look like fodder compared to my Gold Typhlosion (both at level 100), let alone the others. And I didn't SR even once for that Typhlosion. R_R

wait silver is his son? whaaaaat? hes to cute!
suicune is not part ice?
spiritomb has no weaknesses?

Wait.. Even if a Pokémon holds an Everstone, an Evolutionstone will always force the evolution? :eek: It doesn't make sense.. :S

Charizard not being able to learn FLY in the original red and blue... I CAN SEE ITS DAMN WINGS AND TYPE2=FLYING!

also after reading through this thread I'm a little surprised at how many people's moments was shipping in general (granted there are some weird/messed up ships out there)

Wait.. Even if a Pokémon holds an Everstone, an Evolutionstone will always force the evolution? :eek: It doesn't make sense..

How does it not? You could see an Everstone as preventing 'natural' evolution, but the Evolution-stone forcing an 'unnatural' evolution, which overrides the Everstone.

Not that most people would bother leaving an Everstone on a Pokemon you were intending to evolve anyway.

Charizard not being able to learn FLY in the original red and blue... I CAN SEE ITS DAMN WINGS AND TYPE2=FLYING!
Does pre-gen 4 Zubat/Golbat ring a bell to you? Basically all bug types are still like that, amongst other secondary flying types that clearly have wings (except Gyarados, of course). Gen 5 better fix this, and maybe give Mantine the flying ability, too.

also after reading through this thread I'm a little surprised at how many people's moments was shipping in general (granted there are some weird/messed up ships out there)
Shipping is generally pure garbage on a wide-ass scale, anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the definitive reaction to the Champion/Red when you first find out that you have to battle them and are in for a butt-whopping?

I was just playing on my (still working) Red game and while I was surfing near Cinnabar a wild Ekans appeared.

nah, not really, I see it more as the romantic side of human nature.

:eh: shipping is just really weird, even weirder its not based on ACTUAL real life

i found out pinsir actually wasnt a piece of shit pokemon :D a really good one for that matter

Finding out what Special Attack and Special Defense meant. I seriously never knew what the hell it was until HG/SS. I think I either reasoned it out to myself or someone told me that Sp. Attack was how powerful their type's moves are (so, for instance, how powerful a Charizard's Flamethrower is), and Sp. Defense was your defense against the opponent's Sp. Attacks. I was so, so, so confused. Then I read in the guide what they were, and I went, Damn I'm such an idiot.

Also, seeing Red in HG/SS. I don't believe I ever made it past Mt. Silver in my original Gold game, so I was completely unprepared. I think I saved, battled him, saw the levels of his Pokemon, turned off the game without finishing the battle, and flew far, far away from Mt. Silver until I could collect myself.

Oh I almost forgot:
"I like shorts, they're comfy and easy to wear."

If someone randomly came up to me and say that I would turn and RUN!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom