• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wait! what? Moments

at the beginning of a Pokemon when they make you go to your moms house and stuff like that , like dude i just want to defeat some Pokemon

When I found out there was a Champion of the E4. It was extremely awkward, mainly due to the fact that five seconds previously, I was jumping up and down, screaming, "YES! I DID IT! I BEAT THE ELITE FOUR!" :sweatlol:

I always imagined Poison Sting like a beam of spikes shot at the opponent, like in the anime.

I was checking out the "size" option on my pokédex in Soul Silver. I checked out Snorlax. there is this scale where the PC is dropped on one end and the pokemon is dropped on the other end. Once they got dropped down, the PC jumped up and off the screen and never came back... I lol'd :p

Yeah, it's funny. XD

Right now I gave myself a Wait! what? moment...

At GTS, I was looking for an Eevee and I found someone looking for a Masquerain. I had a Surskit, so I evolved it to Masquerain. To evolve it faster I gave it a Lucky Egg and put in front of my party. Then I returned to GTS. When I was about to trade Masquerain, I noticed it was holding an item... I checked and it was... a Lucky Egg. WHAT!? Forgot to take back my ONLY Lucky Egg and Almost gave away it!

I got out GTS, took Lucky Egg, entered GTS again, and made the trade. I'm relieved.

Currently trying again in the r-2 Challenge Cup in Pokemon Stadium 2.

I have a Venomoth that has the following:

Posionpowder
Toxic
Sludge Bomb
Take Down

It's also holding a Poison Cure Berry.

One part FUUUUU, one part "Wait, wha?!"

Seriously, can't this game generate me a Pokemon that doesn't suck? This team that currently has been generated for me has not one, not two, but THREE water types! (Slowbro, Lanturn, and Quilfish) I'm probably not going to make it past Round 2...

My Haxorus with Mold Breaker got hit with a Venipede's Poison Point ability.

I think Mold Breaker only ignores the effects of Abilities when using moves - Earthquake will hit Levitaters, Scrappy won't hit Ghosts, ect. However, the things that come into play after moves (Static), or effect the opponent's moves (Rock Head) will still activate.

When I played the original Red game I heard rumors that if you held Up and A simultaneously after you cast the pokeball it would catch without fail.

So, ever since then I have been doing that when I am trying to catch pokemon, mostly now out of habit. But it never really seemed to do anything different.

So much to my surprise when I was playing my White version that I pushed up and A just as the text finished and the ultraball I was using flew rapidly with a sound like a jet engine, pulled the pokemon in, flipped around in the air once with a click, then fell rocked once to the right and clicked with stars.

I think it was against Vizion and I was like WHAT!?!

I've done it about 3 more times since then and it still baffles me.

When I played the original Red game I heard rumors that if you held Up and A simultaneously after you cast the pokeball it would catch without fail.

So, ever since then I have been doing that when I am trying to catch pokemon, mostly now out of habit. But it never really seemed to do anything different.

So much to my surprise when I was playing my White version that I pushed up and A just as the text finished and the ultraball I was using flew rapidly with a sound like a jet engine, pulled the pokemon in, flipped around in the air once with a click, then fell rocked once to the right and clicked with stars.

I think it was against Vizion and I was like WHAT!?!

I've done it about 3 more times since then and it still baffles me.

Thats a Critical Capture, which is a new feature for Black and White.

Shipping in general.
The people who ship SkylaxElesa in particular.
And Cytokinisa (Reuniclus) beating Ghetsis's Bisharp.

My Golem got OHKO.
By Grass Knot.
... Inside a building.
._.

I think Mold Breaker only ignores the effects of Abilities when using moves - Earthquake will hit Levitaters, Scrappy won't hit Ghosts, ect. However, the things that come into play after moves (Static), or effect the opponent's moves (Rock Head) will still activate.

Less than that. Scrappy is unaffected by Mold Breaker. Only breaks immunizing abilities (Levitate, Flash Fire, Water Absorb, Soundproof, etc.), damage-weakening abilities (Heatproof, Thick Fat, etc.) or side-efect nullifing abilities (Own Tempo, Clear Body, Keen Eye, etc.)

That reminds me a "wait, what?" moment I had. I didn't notice Mold Breaker ignores Levitate until I used accidentally Earthquake against Cynthia's Eelektross (!!!). I thought with a poker face how stupid I was while contemplating how my Haxorus was OHKOing Eelektross...

Last edited:
Getting two critical captures in a row (and a third one within 5 minutes).

That's not even the weird part.

The first one failed.

Wha...?

Getting two critical captures in a row (and a third one within 5 minutes).

That's not even the weird part.

The first one failed.

Wha...?

Having critical captures fail is not unheard of and is actually quite common.

While technically programmed into the game, I always found it baffling and yet hilarious that skillful trainers (such as those found in the Battle Subway, or, say, Caitlin of the Elite Four,) aren't clever enough to realize something might be amiss when their Psychic attacks are just bouncing harmlessly off of that "Conkeldurr" that seems to be using Nasty Plot for some reason....

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom