• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Waiting For A 3DS Pokemon Ranger Game....

Clemont

I Light The World!
Reaction score
Now that Gen 6 Came, I wanted to see a Pokemon Ranger game with Pokemon from all 6 generations and have 500 of them in the browser, in like, 4 categories, and have unique characters... And maybe cameos by characters from past ranger games and Jack Walker (M09). Oh, and customizing my uniform and stuff... Imagine a newbie ranger using a new capture styler trying to befriend 10 Dedennes. Discuss and CAPTURE ON!

So I'm not the only one hoping for a new Ranger game. I actually started off with the original Ranger game, and I've loved the series ever since. Maybe you could travel to the past regions and see how they're getting along? I really hope Game Freak would make one better than guardian Signs, that was my least favorite one.

After a Generation in which Pokemon Ranger didn't have a new game in the series; it would be great if they release a 3DS one for Generation VI. Another great plot like the previous Pokemon Ranger games, Capturing with the Capture Styler to continue being not as difficult as it was in the first game. All 718 available for the browser would be a dream, though that's highly unlikely to happen. I do hope a lot of the Pokemon not in the first three games would get a chance in this one.

My fear though after there wasn't a game in the series for Generation V, is that they may retire the series and not make a newer one for it. I hope they do make one this time, since I'd love to see how they'd implement the 3D graphics for Pokemon Ranger.

My fear though after there wasn't a game in the series for Generation V, is that they may retire the series and not make a newer one for it. I hope they do make one this time, since I'd love to see how they'd implement the 3D graphics for Pokemon Ranger.
There's supposedly a Trozei 2 in the works so you never know.

It's probably good they gave Ranger a break in Gen V. They released three independent games in the series in the span of one generation of handhelds and 1.5 generations of Pokemon.

While I would definitely love one on the 3DS, wouldn't it be epic if they released one for the Wii U?

And agree with TheOutrage. With them promoting a Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Conquest during Gen5, adding Pokemon Ranger to the list would have been a bit too much.

I wouldn't mind another Ranger game, but some of the mechanics need changing. Okay, maybe just one -- this one:

You're literally invulnerable any time your stylus is not on the touch screen. Sure, in the first game you made no progress capturing the Pokemon and in the 2nd/3rd you lost progress on capturing them, but with the 3rd game's switch to reusable Pokemon Assists, sometimes (particularly in the Past missions) it is just plain easier to throw a Pokemon out and let it wear down whatever you're fighting without putting your Styler's HP at any risk.

This can be countered in two ways, one of which needs to be implemented IMHO:
A - When you lift the stylus off the touch pad, the in-game Styler remains in the location you left it (minus the capture line) -- it's still vulnerable to attack. Of course this means boss Pokemon can't have moves that hit the whole screen anymore, but even then, in the first game, Rayquaza was a whole helluva lot harder to capture than Kyogre was. (Speaking of which, I do love me some occasional bullet-hell here and there. Pokemon Ranger is as close as the series comes to it. It could stand to graze a little closer.)
B - If you wait too long between using the Styler, the Pokemon makes some kind of unavoidable attack at you directly, costing you HP at intervals. You avoid it by moving the Styler around.

While I would definitely love one on the 3DS, wouldn't it be epic if they released one for the Wii U?
Gamepad only. Motion controls are not nearly precise enough for the task.

Well, the rangers in-game have to spin their arms round and round, so why not actually use that feature? Though, I guess that would be too exhausting for the player, especially if they have to capture a boss pokemon that requires them to spin, like, 300 times or so without breaking the chain :/

Well, the rangers in-game have to spin their arms round and round, so why not actually use that feature? Though, I guess that would be too exhausting for the player, especially if they have to capture a boss pokemon that requires them to spin, like, 300 times or so without breaking the chain :/

Yeah. Gamepad is much safer.

I love(d) the Pokemon Ranger games! Although it made sense not to make one in Gen V, the 3DS and all its advancements would be the perfect opportunity to revive the series. I highly doubt the 3DS will become obsolete anytime soon, so Game Freak has plenty of time to work on a new Ranger title.

Back
Top Bottom