• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Walk Through Walls-caused glitches

Neo_Qwerty

The Chosen Keyboard!
Reaction score
I've been messing around with Platinum and Walk Through Walls for a while now, but the game is rather good at keeping its flags straight... Mostly.

I know that you do NOT want to keep walk through walls on in the Distortion World, because sometimes you'll accidentally dodge the camera-panning triggers and get stuck playing through the area with an awkward angle, and that curiously, walk through walls does NOT work when you're upside-down, curious, that.

So my purpose for the thread is two-folds. Is there anything odd you've encountered/seen using a Walk Through Walls code on Pokemon games? And are there any points where you ended up stuck?

I also want to ask for advice: I might have hit a very bad spot, and I've long-since saved over my last Platinum save. My problem is that Maylene isn't in Veilstone Gym... I've met the event for seeing Crasher Wake come out of the Gym properly, but Maylene isn't on her trainer mat, and my Rival won't let me get into Pastoria Gym to beat Crasher Wake, claiming he's at Veilstone City.

The triggers I know I've accidentally triggered are going through the game normally up until Eterna, finishing Galactic there and receiving Cynthia's Togepi egg, heading over to Route 224, triggering Flint's event at Sunnyshore accidentally and triggering Marley's appearance at the white stone on 224, cheating my way to Canalave to get the ability to use Strength outside of battle, dodging the rival's battle on the way in then escaping instead of meeting him in the library, then going on to activate the events at Spear Pillar and capture Giratina. Then I've gone back down, accidentally activated Celestic's Galactic Grunt and Cyrus battles, before working my way back to Veilstone through Solaceon and gaining Defog, then triggering Crasher Wake's dashing out of Maylene's gym.

So right now I have four badges; Roark's, Gardenia's, Fantina's and Byron's. Does anyone have any idea how to fix that little problem I'm in? I've tried google and it's been less than helpful.

One time I used the shaymin event code to see what it was like. I used it with the walk through walls, to bypass wild encounters/ grass. The goth girl (can't remember her name ATM) was invisible, and now flint and that other dude are blocking the way to the Battle Tower,like they do before you battle them with your rival. It doesn't bother me though,as I can just walk through them. anyways, apropos to your problem, you say you only have 4 badges? If I only had 4 badges, I just restart the game. probably the best and easiest way.

Well, I would, but as I said, I have Giratina on me, the Shaymin event is started (apparently, Oak only appears once the letter is unlocked once you beat the league once, who knew?), and I have Canalave done. It seems a little silly to do the same thing again just because I mucked up getting Fly to work...

In other news, I decided to just use walk through walls to see if Crasher Wake vanishes too, and he did not! Makes me wonder if Maylene is another cheater check, like Shaymin no longer appearing at Flower Paradise with walk through walls unless the event is done proper.

If you bypass the rival to get into the gym, beat Crasher Wake, and then get back out, he reacts oddly! He walks down through trees, then disappears just off the edge of the screen, then teleports off his position once Crasher Wake goes over to the Great Marsh's entrance!

And another glitch I've just remembered, there's a Shaymin sprite just sitting there if I walk through walls at the end of Route 224 toward Seabreak Path. It's right at the center of where the road cuts off when not activated, just sitting there being cute, and you can't interact with it. And yes, it happens ALL the time, and as long as the location reads Route 224. It disappears once Seabreak Path loads up, which I find kind of cool.

If you're using said cheat on Black & White, take heed because NPCs scripted to walk along a set path will also 'walk through' the limits of their path, then through any obstacles standing in their way and then... towards infinity and beyond. This only happens if the NPCs are in the vicinity.

You might find this exceedingly funny if not for the fact that the game freezes as soon you turn the code off (if the NPCs are already off-course) or that your save file gets completely screwed over if you save while said NPCs are running amok.

Generally though, this code screws up more because you tend to activate flags in the order the game didn't intend for you to. Your case is rather... messy. You might want to just reset. As for my experiences... I can attest to the rather screwy nature of using it near Sinnoh's Victory Road/Route 224/Seabreak Path.

In my sister's case (where she used a copy of my game), she walked through the postgame section of Sinnoh's Victory Road with Marley accompanying, but didn't trigger the flag to stop Marley's event at the end of the cave. This led to the hilarious effect of Marley always appearing in any battle she fought. Somehow, along the way, she lost the ability to activate that flag anymore, so Marley is now permanently latched onto her player character.

Last edited:
Does the fact that there are items on Route 224 you can find with the dowsing machine but only get by cheating count add to this discussion ?
I asked a friend to see what the items were, and it turns out they're just pearls.

Route 224 again...? I wonder why it's always a favourite for this discussion. Personally, I don't remember finding any out-of-reach Pearls there.

On Emerald, I had Walk Through Walls on and Masterballs in Pokemart on and only the masterball one worked

In DP, walking through walls to reach Lake Verity before getting a Pokemon will lead to you sending out a white block called "di di di di di di di di di di" or something to that effect. The text doesn't properly write to the next row either, so it just overwrites the previous "di"s.

In DP, walking through walls to reach Lake Verity before getting a Pokemon will lead to you sending out a white block called "di di di di di di di di di di" or something to that effect. The text doesn't properly write to the next row either, so it just overwrites the previous "di"s.

That's DPBox, and can also be triggered by going into Amity Square, improperly walking out, and walking on water.

I was using walk through walls insie the place where you catch hetran and I was walking along with buck and he suddenly disipeared I walked into the cave and the was an invisable guy talking to me.I walked back into the main chamber and the suddenly the void apperared when I walked down a hill I found my way out i was walking through some grass and then I saw 2 pokemon siloets and I thought WTF! The Buck apperared and then I couldn't surf on water or catch pokemon so I started a new game.:bawl:

In sapphire/ruby I heard of a glitch for a easy win triggered by walking through walls. I have not tested it so don't save when you try this or risk all your pokemon. Before you get your starter read a smugded sighn and walk through the trees. You will find a master ball and a XD001/ shiny lugia.You won't get any of the starters but lugia is level 100. You only have one shot but with a master ball who's worried.

Pokemon RG 1.0 and the Dokokashira glitch oddly doesn't mess with flags....xD

Gen I flags are from certain events, not location. I skipped 4 and 6 and didn't see any weird effects.

In sapphire/ruby I heard of a glitch for a easy win triggered by walking through walls. I have not tested it so don't save when you try this or risk all your pokemon. Before you get your starter read a smugded sighn and walk through the trees. You will find a master ball and a XD001/ shiny lugia.You won't get any of the starters but lugia is level 100. You only have one shot but with a master ball who's worried.

Ya it's pretty obvious that's not real, as one: xd001 is not programed in any game besides gale of darkness and it's shadow form definatly isn't as well. Also it simply sounds like one of those badly messed up "get mew from under the truck" rumors.

Any who does anyone know if the wtw thing will let you check on and maintain your version exclusive city in b/w?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom