• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Walking Pokemon Mechanics Heartgold

Bonciu

Reaction score
Hello! For the past week I have tried to find out every single thing about Pokemon Heartgold. I have indexed every text file and organized them and I found Text 265, which contains every following Pokemon Interaction. As a fun challenge I tried to get all of them, but there are over 700. I have gone in every area with every type of Pokemon and I still can't get some of them. They can't be unused, can they?

I was surprised that despite it's a pretty big feature, no one has looked into it to see how it works. The scripts (which there are over 800 of them) don't seem to contain info about what the interactions are in each location, but I have mostly looked at the data associated with the maps.

Is there anyone that researched this before? Is there a way to see where a string is used? And what are the odds for an interaction to appear? Or is it unique to a Pokemon? Please help I have done nothing but try to find them

Also Lyra (Text 663) details some interactions, but there still are some missing

As I see this is a hard question, I will ask a more specific one:
How do you get the "Pokemon is looking into the depths and shivering..." interaction?
You can get "Pokemon is staring into the depths…" on route 46 tall grass, but I have tried with multiple types and the interaction didn't appear

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom