• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Walking Pokemon... Your thoughts?

FourCartridge

Reaction score
What's you stance on Walking Pokemon(Pokemon out of their Poke Balls and following the trainer)? Personally, I think it's rater cute to see em following you and interacting with them.

I love the walking Pokemon! I wish they would just bring them back in every game from now on.

Agreed. IMO, they should focus on interacting with your Pokemon more. It's a bit boring when all their used for is battles.

I loved it. I hope they bring it back, but let you chose to turn it on or off :)

I don't really know. It's cool, but like PKMNGreen said, you should be allowed to turn it on or off.

Maybe it could be used in the plot of future games, but I don't know how hat'd work.

An Idea I had for a fan "version" was to give the walking Pokemon a device that could let it speak and have them talk in the Trainer's steed, with lines based on nature, like Docile, Lax, Naive, etc.

An Idea I had for a fan "version" was to give the walking Pokemon a device that could let it speak and have them talk in the Trainer's steed, with lines based on nature, like Docile, Lax, Naive, etc.

Hm... I don't really like the idea of Pokemon talking. Just seems too closely related to the anime, or PMD. And kinda dumb.. I much prefer how it is in HG/SS where a little face pops up to show the Pokemon's mood.

I liked em. I was disappointed that they removed them in Gen 5.

Just to point out, they weren't "removed" in Gen V, BW was being worked on the same time as HGSS.
I love them, I'm always happy to see my Meganium following me. I remember for the first few days after I got White, I kept expecting to see my mons following me...

My guess is that they'll bring back the walking feature for all remakes, but not for the new games.

If they do make a third version for Gen V, I really hope they include this feature.

It seems kind of lonely just walking around by yourself.

I loved it alot, along with the idea of actually talking to something other than trainers once in awhile. I felt like it was an entirely new game! But I agree with the people who say you should be able to turn it off, considering I did get annoyed with it a few times or so.

I always thought that my pokes would follow me the first day in white.
P.S. in HG nd SS there is an on nd off setting, get on your bike and the poke will go into its pokeball

In the games I think it is wicked cool, although I wish they scaled them better because alot of them look around the same size. In th anime? I think Ash's pikachu is the only good one all the others are kinda meh don't really like them.

P.S. in HG nd SS there is an on nd off setting, get on your bike and the poke will go into its pokeball

I meant being able to walk and not have a Pokemon follow you :p

I sincerely hope it makes a comeback, it was a novelty, but the best by far, IMO.

1 of the best parts of walking with pokemon is that if the pokemon is shiny it shows it's shiny form :D
I also love using the pokewalker ^_^

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom