• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Want shiny manaphy

I got one, but I'm not sure if its legit or not :| Can you check it yourself or should I put it up to the thread?

There is no such thing as a LEGIT Shiny Manaphy, just so you know....
From Project Pokemon:
Preventing Manaphy from hatching shiny is a bit more tricky since you are allowed to trade your egg. It turns out Game Freak overlooked something and obtaining a legit shiny manaphy is possible, albeit very difficult. In this case the shiny check is not done at the time when the PID is generated. This would not have worked since upon hatching the pokemon receives the ID/Secret ID of the trainer who hatches the egg. Instead the PID is generated using the PRNG and the normal algorithm and the shiny check is called at the time of hatching. When an egg is about to hatch the game checks whether the pokémon inside the egg is manaphy, if so, the shiny check is called until the game is sure the PID/ID/Secret ID don't combine to give you a shiny manaphy. This prevents most manaphy from being shiny. However, the way the shiny check works is that it uses the PID, ID and Secret ID currently on the pokémon and the ID and Secret ID of the trainer hatching the egg does not get written to the pokémon until after the shiny check has gone through. This means that if you trade your manaphy egg to a friend there is a chance that it will hatch shiny, and if your friend trades you a manaphy egg it might hatch shiny. But if you don't trade the egg it will NOT hatch shiny.
Touché So it is POSSIBLE, but I can't tell if mines a hack or not.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom