• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Want to make sure I'm right about how S/V Mass Outbreaks work

Arcane Howitzer

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of detail on the specifics of how mass outbreaks work in Scarlet and Violet, so I'm going to list out my observations and let people tell me how wrong I'm am. I figure if the internet is good for anything, it would be that.
  1. There are somewhere between 4-8 Outbreaks a day. These refresh when the system clock ticks over to midnight while playing the game, or the next time you load in if your most recent save is from a previous day.
    1. This means you can repeatedly re-shuffle outbreaks by closing and re-opening the game as long as you haven't saved since midnight that night.
  2. The process that determines which Pokemon have outbreaks is random, but seems to have a bias for or against certain pokemon which is not based on how rare or widespread the pokemon is
    1. I actually re-loaded to get a new set of Outbreaks 100 times (spawn point was an island in the middles of the Lake). 59 contained Rufflet, 24 contained Bronzong, and 18 contained Drakloak. There was only one Grass-Type (Brambleghast), one Fighting-Type (Toxicroak), and zero Fire-Types. I am pretty dang sure that there is something skewing the odds here, but I have no idea what.
  3. Outbreaks will always have the same form, regardless of what the icon on the map says. If your game gets outbreaks of orange Tatsugiri, Red-Stripe Basculin, or Red-Flower Floette, you will never get outbreaks of the other forms of those Pokemon, even if the icon for the outbreak shows a different form.
    1. The exception to this is Deerling and Sawsbuck, presumably because their form variance is location-based instead of completely "random".
  4. The in-game clock affects which pokemon can have an outbreak (i.e. you will only get outbreaks of Ghost-Type pokemon if it is night in-game when the outbreaks are rolled)
    1. I don't know for certain if the in-game weather, system clock or calendar has any effect on outbreaks, but I don't think so.
If anyone could shed some light on things, I would much appreciate it.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom