• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest War of the Eeveelutions

I like Espeon the best. It's purple, psychic, beautiful, and basically everything I could ask for. Although Vaporeon is cool, too. ^^

Glaceon all the way. Not much of a fan of its counterpart Leafeon though.

Jolteon, full stop. Always was my favorite of the set (though Espeon gets honorable second place in practice), and I love its animations.

I never really got into the Eeveelutions much. Flareon is pretty neat since I had his holographic TCG card back in the day. And Umbreon is pretty cool because of Colosseum and its general appearance. I voted Flareon, though. He's one of the few fire types I like. Probably because he's so fluffy :)

I've always preferred just plain ol' Eevee, though my favorite eeveelution is a three-way tie between Vaporeon, Espeon, and Umbreon. Vaporeon was one of the first mons I ever used, so it holds a special place with me. I've always loved Espeon's design and uses, and the same applies to Umbreon. Not to mention, Dark is my second favorite type.

I don't typically use any Eeveelutions, but I've used Umbreon before as a wall. He's a decent wall with a decent movepool if used correctly. I doubt I'll use him again, but it was a fun experience while it lasted.

I like all of the eeveelutions, but Glaceon has a special place in my heart ever since Platinum. Honorable mention goes to Vaporeon.

Jolteon for me. Always my top favorite due to its cool design and astounding Speed and Special Attack. Amazing at both a fast lead supporter and powerful sweeper. Even better in 6th Gen with the new immunity to paralysis for Electric Pokémon.

Glaceon is a close second as I find her really pretty. Leafeon also has a great design and is Grass, my favorite Type.

Generation 6 really brought out the full cuteness to the eeveelutions, and Flareon and Vappy (Vaporeon) were made the best. Don't believe me? Look at their faces! They're so cute, you just want to eat 'em right up! I had to go with Flareon, though. It's just so FLUFFY!!!!

Espeon is pretty and a Psychic-type, so it gets my vote. Overall I am not a big eeveelution fan, tbh.

I also am not a huge fan of Eeveelutions. I like Eevee more. I wish there was a Normal-type Eevee.
I like Espeon's and Glaceon's designs. Umbreon has the best type of the group. Jolteon is the most useful alongside Umbreon.
I voted for Umbreon.

Decide between the eeveelutions? Oh, you are cruel!

So, firstly, vaporeon. Looks like a blue fox crossed with a fish. So far so good, then. In fact, before we move on, can I just say that vaporeon is without doubt one of the most beautiful pokemon to date? Well, I have said that now, so it's a bit late to say I can't. Now I think I must also mention that, as far as I'm concerned, he is, and has always been the most powerful eeveelution, with loads of hp, and strong special stats. He can also have good physical defence, if you invest in it, and burning enemies with scald makes him even tougher. Combine that with great healing, and useful moves like roar or haze, and vaporeon's seriously difficult to stop. Overall, vaporeon's my favourite pokemon of the whole first generation. Gives the others quite a lot of competition.

Jolteon's an interesting one. At first glance, he's a yellow fox with no tail and unusually spiky fur. Then you consider he's very small and energetic, and you have a seriously adorable pokemon. He's powerful, too, outspeeding just about everything which moves, and obviously everything which doesn't as well. He's one of my favourites for competitive use, since he can scout, revenge kill and clean up later on. And then he'll be back for seconds. And then you need to give him some tea to calm him down. So yes, jolteon is incredibly adorable, but his cuteness can kill. What's not to like?

And now flareon. Sadly, flareon has not been as fortunate as the others. But before I get into that, it's worth mentioning that she is very pretty, and very fluffy. And looks more impressive than the others. Sure, some are pretty, some are cute, but flareon definitely looks the toughest. Which is rather ironic. Flareon has been rather unfortunate in how game freak have treated her. Some sadistic designer saw fit to cripple both her speed and physical defence, leaving her neither fast nor tough enough to manage. Although, there is a certain niche in her special defence, which, boosted by an assault vest, allows her to work as a pivot of sorts. Worked okay for me, anyway. Take that, sadistic designers! Flareon has beaten you! Yeah, I guess she's a very neat eeveelution.

Moving onto the second generation, we have espeon. I like espeon. She's quite cute and quite elegant, and I like her tail. Uh, moving on, she's not half bad as a competitor, with magic bounce to annoy everyone, strong special attack and a steadily increasing movepool. Very nice. Also, special mention for her green shiny, which I always make bad puns about. But I'm feeling merciful, so I'll just conclude that espeon is a very nice pokemon.

Right, now let's see if I can talk about umbreon without mentioning my game on Platinum. Oh, wait, I just did. Yeah, yeah, the first time I ever saw or learned that umbreon existed was when my female eevee on Platinum evolved into one, much to my surprise. And then I named her Eclipse, blah, blah, blah, [insert love story here]. I'm not tired of talking about her, by the way, I just think no-one will want to read it. But anyway, umbreon is an extremely beautiful little fox, which immediately gives her a good starting point. She's also surprisingly tough, considering she looks so fragile, which is very nice for her, though there are a few moves she inexplicably doesn't learn, not that they'd help her. The main point is she's very pretty, and has special place in my heart. Eclipse, we love you!

Uh, moving on, the next generation graced us with leafeon. He's a very good-looking one, though I can't quite put my paw on exactly what word would be best to describe him, which is never a good feeling for a writer. Perhaps elegant? Probably. Anyway, he's not only smart, he's also athletic. He has an emphasis on physical stats, including speed, which is quite nice. He can't manage specially-based combat, though, which is a shame, and a big hindrance to him. But still, I very much like leafeon.

Then there's glaceon. Good old glaceon. She's very pretty, which is probably something you're tired of reading by now, but it's just true. Glaceon is beautiful. Competitively, mind, she doesn't measure up so well. While she can deal out a world of pain, she often doesn't get the chance, which is a shame for such a pretty creature. I would have to regrettably say she's the least powerful of the eeveelutions. Sorry, glaceon. You're still one of my favourites.

You're probably getting a tad sick of me saying positive things now. Well, you're in luck, because next is sylveon. Something about sylveon never quite stuck a chord with me, in the same way as the other eeveelutions did. Sure, she's cute, but maybe she's trying too hard to be cute. To be honest, she creeps me out. Something about her large, empty blue eyes, her glowy white fur. She just seems slightly odd, slightly 'off-key', if you like. The result is actually very effective; it's just she doesn't really appeal to me like the others. Sorry, sylveon. That aside, she's very good in battle, with her excellent special stats and hp, though she can't survive physically-based opposition. The opposite of leafeon, in a way. Overall, while I don't find her adorable, I do very much like her slightly creepy, other-worldly sense. Very effective.

Hmm, so overall, I think my favourite has to be umbreon. Wasn't that predictable? I may come up with a set of rankings, to be fairer to the others, but for now, I'll settle for just saying umbreon, my favourite pokemon of all.

Very hard choice for me, really started to love them all - probably both Vaporeon and Glaceon may be my favorites by their design. Recently loving Glaceon's design (I'll vote for her - wish I could vote for all of them).

I am so torn between Vaporeon and Flareon. Both their designs really have caught my attention. Vaporeon has a very unique and overall most detailed design among the group. The fins and the tail are truly clever features. Flareon on the other hand has a more simplistic design but it has truly captured the Fire-type element so well. They both are one of the epitomes for intricate detailed Pokemon design and simple minimalism. Sugimori-san indeed was very inspired and talented. So if I have to choose between them it would Vaporeon. For outside visuals, I think Vaporeon nails it in all other departments.

i love them all! it hurt me to choose, but i choose umbreon. i have to say, his technique is flawless, and the rarity, and how beautifully designed it is i just love it!

sylveon has been growing on me lately, and it's definitely my favorite, I like it a lot. Flareon is p cool too, the others are all meh. Especially umbreon and glaceon. Screw those two.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom