• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

War of the Elements: Dual-Type Edition - Endgame - 22/6/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheff contacted all players except you and asked who was ok with working against you. Some agreed, some disagreed.
It's kinda funny, Cheff did exactly the same thing you did too. He contacted everyone to try to build one super-alliance to get revenge on you, but I was the only person to agree, and we basically just turned into your standard 2-person team-up.
And now give me some new info:p something I didn't already know

Hello everyone, I am writing this because I liked how this game was going on and I wanted you all to know what you have done to help me win this game.
Therefore I will give an explanation of everything I have done in this game and why:

When the game started I knew almost nothing, just like you all, I just knew that I wanted to put Darth in his place and that is the reason why I created the group PM "Let's screw over Darth". The information that I had at that point was this:
CheffOfGames: Kingdra (Water/Dragon), Octazooka, Twister, Ice Beam, Signal Beam
Lone_Garurumon: Nothing
DarthWolf13: Nothing
FinalArcadia: Nothing
Doctor Floptopus: Nothing
Pariah: Nothing
Elementar: Nothing
Rainbow Cloud: Nothing
Midorikawa: Nothing

After a while, Lone joined the "Rebel Alliance", this was still in Phase 1. The rest of the phase nothing did really happen, not in the Rebel Alliance, nor in my Role PM since I forgot to submit any moves.
So when Phase 2 started I realized that I forgot to submit any moves and got no results from them. I was, however, attacked by 5 different people and 7 different moves, which still gave me something to go on:
DarthWolf13: Nothing
FinalArcadia: Astonish
Doctor Floptopus: Rock Slide

Pariah: Rock Slide, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt

Elementar: Rock Slide
Rainbow Cloud: Ice Punch

Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Alolan Marowak
Tyranitar
Aggron
Bastiodon
Rhyperior
The others have too many possibilities.
After this I was paralyzed and flinched so I couldn't submit and use any moves in Phase 2.
At this point I was attacked by 4 people (3 of which already attacked me) and knew 4 more moves that way.
DarthWolf13: Lick
FinalArcadia: Astonish, Mirror Shot
Elementar: Rock Slide, Dark Pulse
Rainbow Cloud: Ice Punch, Thunderbolt

Klefki
Gengar
Jynx
Incineroar
Alolan Muk
Alolan Marowak
Tyranitar
Shiftry
Drapion
Toxicroak
Gliscor
Krookodile
Scrafty
Pangoro
Malamar
Heliolisk
Aurorus
Trevenant
Gourgeist
Yveltal
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Gengar
Tyranitar
Rhyperior
Gallade
Froslass
Golurk
Meloetta
Hoopa
Almost directly after this Lone contacted me again with the fact that we should work together because we had an alliance but didn't really use this, he told me that he forgot to use moves P1, just like I did and then flinched. At that moment he told me some information:
Lone_Garurumon: Charizard (Fire/Flying), Sky Drop, Flame Charge, Rock Slide, Bite
DarthWolf13: Lick, Heart Stamp
FinalArcadia: Klefki (Steel/Fairy) Astonish, Mirror Shot, Psyshock

Gengar
Jynx
Incineroar
Golurk
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Rhyperior
Tyranitar
Alolan Muk
Tyranitar
Shiftry
Drapion
Toxicroak
Krookodile
Scraggy
Pangoro
Heliolisk
Trevenant
Gourgeist
Gengar
Golurk
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Rhyperior
Tyranitar
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Golem
Golem Alola
Muk Alola
Rhyperior
Shuckle
Heracross
Tyranitar
Shiftry
Breloom
Cradily
Armaldo
Torterra
Drapion
Toxicroak
Scolipede
Krookodile
Crustle
Scrafty
Stunfisk
Golurk
Terrakion
Chesnaught
Diggersby
Pangoro
Heliolisk
Trevenant
Gourgeist
Bewear
Palossand
Dhelmise
Buzzwole
Marshadow

At this point I just went to Darth, told him I knew what he was and that I needed information, we agreed to trade information at which point I reveiled I knew that RC used Ice Punch and Thunderbolt, in return he got me to win because he told me that Elementar has Dark Pulse (I knew that myself) and that Flop has Close Combat:
Lone_Garurumon: Charizard (Fire/Flying), Sky Drop, Flame Charge, Rock Slide, Bite
DarthWolf13: Jynx (Ice/Psychic), Lick, Heart Stamp
Doctor Floptopus: Rock Slide, Close Combat

Heracross
Terrakion
Marshadow
Muk Alolan
Tyranitar
Shiftry
Drapion
Krookodile
Heliolisk
Trevenant
Gourgeist

When I asked Darth if he knew something about Mido (since I didn't have any information on her) he gave me the valuable information that Mido resisted Lick, which meant that she had to be a Dark type because only Dark resists Ghost and there is no other way to make that happen:
DarthWolf13: Jynx (Ice/Psychic), Lick, Heart Stamp
Doctor Floptopus: Rock Slide, Close Combat
Midorikawa: Dark
And then it all fell into place, with Midorikawa resisting Ghost she must be a Dark type, meaning that nobody else is a Dark Type
Pariah loses Tyranitar. This means that Pariah has to be Ground
Elementar loses Krookodile, Drapion, Shiftry, Tyranitar and Alolan Muk, making him Heliolisk, Trevenant or Gourgeist
Rainbow Cloud loses Tyranitar, making her Gengar, Golurk, Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Rhyperior
Because Pariah is Ground, we can eliminate that from the others.
Rainbow Cloud loses Golurk, Nidoking and Rhyperior, making her Gengar a.k.a. Ghost/Poison
Because RC is Ghost/Poison we can eliminate that from the others.
Pariah loses Golurk, Nidoking and Nidoqueen, making her Rhyperior a.k.a. Rock/Ground
Flop loses Marshadow, making her Terrakion or Heracross
Elementar loses Trevenant and Gourgeist, making him Heliolisk a.k.a. Normal/Electric
Because Pariah is Rock we can remove that from the others
Flop loses Terrakion, making her Heracross a.k.a. Bug/Fighting
This leaves only Midorikawa, who we know is part Dark type, and since we also know that only Grass is left, she must be either Cacturne or Shiftry.

Bug: Doctor Floptopus
Dark: Midorikawa
Dragon: CheffOfGames
Electric: Elementar
Fairy: FinalArcadia
Fighting: Doctor Floptopus
Fire: Lone_Garurumon
Flying: Lone_Garurumon
Ghost: Rainbow Cloud
Grass: Midorikawa
Ground: Pariah
Ice: DarthWolf13
Normal: Elementar
Poison: Rainbow Cloud
Psychic: DarthWolf13
Rock: Pariah
Steel: FinalArcadia
Water: CheffOfGames
CheffOfGames: Kingdra
Lone_Garurumon: Charizard
DarthWolf13: Jynx
FinalArcadia: Klefki
Doctor Floptopus: Heracross
Pariah: Rhyperior
Elementar: Heliolisk
Rainbow Cloud: Gengar
Midorikawa: Shiftry

Now that I have that out of the way, let me answer your questions @Zexy:
Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, it was amazing to see everything fall into place with only the help of Lone and Darth.
What did you think of the setup?
I liked it up to the point that I realized that so many people had Rock Slide and other TM moves, then it became annoying to write all possibilities down...
If there was one thing you'd change in this game, what would it be?
Less TM moves, more Egg moves and such.
Would you like to play more dual-type versions of War of the Elements in the future?
Definitily.

Also, I had this written down yesterday :p I just needed to answer the questions. I had a lot of fun this game, thanks everyone.

I think the major problem with the game is trying to figure out movesets. People should either not be told that they were hit or only be told the type of move that hit them.

The point of the setup was that each Pokemon had 2 STAB attacks + 2 coverage, most of which were available to lots of Pokemon so that things don't get narrowed down quickly (Rock Slide, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt were around a lot) and with a focus on reduced accuracy, flinch chances, other status, anything that could've delayed people from getting results to prevent the game from ending this quickly.

What didn't let it happen this time is the movesets imo, also in some cases I had to put in things like Heart Stamp (only Jynx STAB with a good effect) or for Heracross' case Megahorn and Aerial Ace (the only move designed to go against the rest of the balance theme). I think not announcing moves is the way to go for future versions.

Yeah, that may be better since Lone and I figured it out without using any moves ourselves.

I think the major problem with the game is trying to figure out movesets. People should either not be told that they were hit or only be told the type of move that hit them.

The point of the setup was that each Pokemon had 2 STAB attacks + 2 coverage, most of which were available to lots of Pokemon so that things don't get narrowed down quickly (Rock Slide, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt were around a lot) and with a focus on reduced accuracy, flinch chances, other status, anything that could've delayed people from getting results to prevent the game from ending this quickly.

What didn't let it happen this time is the movesets imo, also in some cases I had to put in things like Heart Stamp (only Jynx STAB with a good effect) or for Heracross' case Megahorn and Aerial Ace (the only move designed to go against the rest of the balance theme). I think not announcing moves is the way to go for future versions.
Yeah, that may be better since Lone and I figured it out without using any moves ourselves.
Not sure about this, though, because this has been in WotE since the beginning.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes :)
I liked the setup. I just thought that dual types made it quite confusing. But it was well balanced in my opinion.
Someone actually targetting me, so I had more info...
Would you like to play more dual-type versions of War of the Elements in the future?
Yeah :) I prefer single typing though :)

EDIT: Oops, forgot to say thanks and GG.

Congrats to LG and CoG on winning :) You both played very well and intelligently. And thankyou to Zexy and Max for running the game and helping out. You did very well :D

Can we know what it is?
It's only a concept so far, but the basic idea is this:
War of the Elements - A.B.C Edition.
Each of the 6 players has three different single-Type Pokemon, labeled A, B and C. Each phase, when submitting moves, they're only allowed to pick from the moveset from one of their three Pokemon. They also have to specify which of another player's 3 Pokemon they're aiming the attack at. This will mainly serve as an experiment to see how it goes without OC and without notifying players who used what move on them.

It's only a concept so far, but the basic idea is this:
War of the Elements - A.B.C Edition.
Each of the 6 players has three different single-Type Pokemon, labeled A, B and C. Each phase, when submitting moves, they're only allowed to pick from the moveset from one of their three Pokemon. They also have to specify which of another player's 3 Pokemon they're aiming the attack at. This will mainly serve as an experiment to see how it goes without OC and without notifying players who used what move on them.
That sounds... Very confusing... So we'd need to guess all three of their Pokemon?

Congrats, Lone_Garurumon and CheffOfGames!

Did you enjoy the game?
Yep! Though I would've enjoyed it more if I had gotten attacked by more than a single attack haha. please, everyone, attack me a little more, treat me like a punching bag
The dual-type twist on the formula was interesting and definitely made it trickier to figure things out, which was fun to try to work out. Though kinda connected to this question is the next one:
Movesets from opponents seemed to make-or-break it in this format, so maybe trying out just telling players what type attack hit them and not the specific attack could work. Might make the game last a long time, but that's not really a problem in my eyes lol.

I'd still be interested in seeing a NOC version of WotE too, but that might work better with the single-type format, I dunno.
Yeah, I'm always up for WotE!

Thanks for hosting, Zexy!

Personally a longer game would likely just get me sick of it before we got to the end.
This and the last game were rather short, I agree with that, but not telling us the exact move and disallowing OC would probably extend the game far beyond what my patience for it would be.
NOC on its own probably wouldn't be too bad, but not giving us the moves that hit us would probably extend it beyond my patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom