• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

War of the Elements v4 - Endgame - 5/5/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't share that much :) I contacted other people too, shared even less with them.

That would only make the game slower; if you know a group that has 10+ claims and have strong hints that no one else has as many, waiting for stuff won't do you any good. Claiming to that group is worse, though... unless you get a free pass in their group like me :p

Fair enough :p

Once a player/group has that much info, the game is as good as done, and you're not likely to have any leverage to get a part of that either. You get the info yourself or you don't.

I think 9 pairs being able to use a max of 4 moves each between the pair would be pretty good. Level ups make the game too easy. OC breaks the purpose of the game.

why
honestly why

No, I mean, everyone just handed him their type -_-
He traded his type which apparantly people thought was a good deal.

Are making moves only level up really that telling? You have no idea what type a Pokemon is and normally only a couple moves are used by that one. I don't think any Pokemon here had the signature moves from it, otherwise I would agreed it was a tad much. Also I think last time it was "any move" that the Pokemon can learn. I know Max did just level-up. Something I have thought about is give each person a Pokemon, and tell them they can choose any 4 moves from the stats of that Pokemon to use. And it could be chosen on the go. So Phase 1 you could use 1 move, then choose your later moves to help narrow it down that way. Just a random thought I had.
I had Leaf Blade...
Only mono types that could learn it were Grass.
Only level up made it easier as I could remove more options from some players.
I think OC without showing/claiming Pokémon and move names would be better, just their move types. That, and the idea of choosing your own moves. I don't know how you would balance that though.

DarthWolf13 you are known as Kingmaker, not Betrayer :( Oh well, nice to have allied with you Cheff and Lone, too bad Darth got us.
I am know as the Indep, I went Solo here. You know I can be scummy (Artemis Fowl).

(sorry for not trusting you, Darth seemed more trustworthy honestly I wouldn't expect him to even betray Cheff)
If you knew me better, just like Dylan, you wouldn't be surprised.

Oh well I thought OC WAS the purpose of the game. Now I'm really interested to see how it'll play out without OC.

The whole point is, Darth, in Percy Jackson and Artemis Fowl you were willing to side with people you didn't have to in order to win, so I thought you would do it here too, especially with Cheff.

I thought I could trust him because he gave me his own type and lied so easily to my face...
Someone lied to win in a game of deception and info control, how surprising.......
This is a game of lies, if you ignore that, you lose

I can safely say I didn't expect to see this over so soon, but congrats, DarthWolf13!!

When Cheff PM'd me, I kinda kept trying to pretend I wasn't here after I said I'd rather not claim since I really didn't want to tell anyone my type lol, sorry about that, Cheff. I'm surprised so many people did and were honest.

Thanks for hosting, Max and Soulmaster! I kinda agree with at least banning type claims since that makes the game so short, though I personally wouldn't mind the game being NOC in general. But I'm also the type who keeps to their self mostly anyway and would like a long game so I have some bias there haha. The pair idea might be interesting though.

All the moves being level-up only... it did make some obvious (ex; before I checked in-thread, I saw my guess results: if Human wasn't Dark like I guessed, he literally HAD to be Water thanks to just knowing he'd used Dark Pulse on me), though I can't remember how it was setup in the 3rd WotE? Maybe egg moves should be allowed too, I dunno.

But regardless, it was fun while it lasted and I'd definitely be up for another one!

Oh well I thought OC WAS the purpose of the game. Now I'm really interested to see how it'll play out without OC.

The whole point is, Darth, in Percy Jackson and Artemis Fowl you were willing to side with people you didn't have to in order to win, so I thought you would do it here too, especially with Cheff.

The purpose of the game is to solve a large puzzle through smart move usage and trying to not give too much info through the moves you use. That was what made the 3rd game so fun, though I used OC in the tail end to make a last minute alliance out of fear of losing to some other alliance.

I prefer the slower route because I enjoy the challenge. You know how long I spent looking up Pokémon with jds moves and I enjoyed it.

A quick claim game just takes out the fun of puzzle solving.

Also there were only two Pokémon with dark pulse level up gen 7 that were single types.

I've known you for 5 full years now and even I was surprised you *******.
I'm surprised that you are surprised.

Did you offer to win with even half the players that handed you their type?
Only Lone, Zexy and me.

To be fair, Cheff seemed really cooperative, and for a time, I was thinking that I was the one going behind his back...
Why?

I prefer the slower route because I enjoy the challenge. You know how long I spent looking up Pokémon with jds moves and I enjoyed it.
It didn't take that long, but yes that was fun.

I get afraid that Cheff is working behind my back (at the time he did, hard) so I contact MegaPod12 to start an alliance with him, against Cheff... only to get from him info given to him by Cheff :p

you still don't just give that kind of info away for no reason
none of them allied with Cheff, they just handed him their most sensitive info because he asked??
This isn't mafia. Alliances require trust, and as a bonus, all parties can win together....

I'm not even sure what to say here cheff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom