• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

War of the Elements v4 - Endgame - 5/5/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darth did not need a reason to win alone. If you want people to share with you, you need to give them a reason to do that, that's reality.

It doesn't matter if it's a puzzle, riddle, or whatever, why should anyone care if any other players win or not? I'm afraid to say that in reality, people don't just go out of their way to give things to random others without any reason.
Why win alone when you can win with others and make the win fun for everyone?
Because when Darth provided that misinformation, Cheff was about to win (due to over half the game handing info to him), and he decided he wanted to win alone. Cheff has a right to be annoyed about that since they're good friends.
And I am, trust me. I thought that Darth had shared correct information so we could win together, by winning together you make and keep friendships, by lying and giving misinformation you get the opposite results. Because of this I was honest with everyone about everything, except for that one time when I said that I didn't have a conversation with anyone notable :p, and I just tried to let everyone win if they wanted to accept and trust my claims.
Darth did not need a reason to win alone. If you want people to share with you, you need to give them a reason to do that, that's reality.
I mean, Darth did have a reason to win with others, the shared pleasure of sharing and winning something with others. But hey, I believe he has a legitimate reason that he chose to betray his alliances.

My thought on the matter is that giving out a lot of your info (if not all of it, almost the entire game) just for the sake of more winners could potentially make the people you give it to win before you; if there is a mistake in your plan (like there was one in Cheff's) and you give it to the wrong person who can figure it out before you (Darth), this is what you get.

So I wouldn't give out info just for the purpose of shared wins if I don't believe I can help myself through it this game, sorry. In other cases and games (like being an indep in mafia) it's another story.

Cheff and Darth are offline friends, so he at least has some reason to think Darth would let him win as well. Why should Darth care if you, or anyone else wins when he does regardless?
In general, I try to not give Cheff and Dylan any special treatment on here because I know them offline. Just like in a mafia (I know, not the perfect example) I would trust them as much as anyone else. I see everyone here as a friend, don't get em wrong on that, but that doesn't mean that you should blindly trust them here.

Deliberately providing misinformation in a game of this type just makes absolutely no sense, and I would call it bordering on unsportsmanlike behaviour. That is why I wanted to know Darth's reasoning.
Zexy already gave a good reply to this so I won't repeat it. I would like to add that I am sorry if you find this unsportsmanlike. I myself found it a clever trick. Yes, I expected Cheff wouldn't like it, but not others that aren't involved like you.
Deception irl, of course I'm against it. Deception in a game, why not? It adds tension and fun to it imo. On everything else, being all info I got myself, I honestly shared with Cheff and some others. So please don't think that I am completely uncooperative.

Why win alone when you can win with others and make the win fun for everyone?

And I am, trust me. I thought that Darth had shared correct information so we could win together, by winning together you make and keep friendships, by lying and giving misinformation you get the opposite results. Because of this I was honest with everyone about everything, except for that one time when I said that I didn't have a conversation with anyone notable :p, and I just tried to let everyone win if they wanted to accept and trust my claims.

I mean, Darth did have a reason to win with others, the shared pleasure of sharing and winning something with others. But hey, I believe he has a legitimate reason that he chose to betray his alliances.
As Max said early on, that beats the purpose of this game if everyone wins. I don't remember where I said it, but I'm sure that I at least told you that I don't like the idea of sharing it with everyone. This was also one of the reasons why I didn't want you to go share your list with people. The other reason being to leave them out of my betrayal, I'm honest in saying that I prefer to keep it limited to what I need if possible.

You have all the rights to be. I don't blame you. On the following line I can't anything besides the point that I agree, but a friend should be able to handle that in a game.

That is a good reason, yes. Only with a select few that you have a good alliance with (otherwise it defeats the purpose). You should know that I also can be very competitive and enjoy beating the others in this "race", accomplishing this result by myself (info I got from others, but the plan was all made up by myself which is satisfying when it works.)

In our OC, Cheff was telling AE and I that people had betrayed them before and they didn't want it this time xD You played well mate :D

Congrats to @DarthWolf13 for winning. It was very impressive.

And thankyou to both hosts for doing a terrific job. Hopefully there'll be another one in the future.

I supported giving cheff misinformation. He contacted me early talking about planning an alliance with dylan, darth, LG, and himself, and well me, which would be five. I don't like more than a team of three, so I went towards purposely sabotaging them with darth, especially since cheff and jd attacking me first night is pretty suspicious. Misinformation I think is fine in this kind of game. It's your job as a player to be careful of what you're told.

Anyways @Soulmaster If you were to make this NOC, then a better balance on moves would be necessary. I noticed with my move set that outside of flamethrower, mine don't really give me much in the way of types. Dark and ghost moves tend to effect the same stuff for the most part, and a normal type move doesn't get that much information either. Ironically steel was the only thing left for me from flamethrower because I had water and grass pretty quickly.

DAAAARTHWOOOOOOLF!!!!!!!!!
You liar! You lying liar!
Goddammit man!
Oh god it all makes sense now! THIS is why you told use not to verify each other's claims! You knew we'd catch you out!
*Memo to self: "Never, trust, DarthWolf, ever, again."*
That is one of the reasons, the other one is not wasting checks if you trust each other.
I'm surprised that you didn't catch me though.
Remember how I waited on my partner with claiming my type? I was just waiting on Mido confirming to do the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom