• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cancelled Games War of the Elements v7

Starting part way through the second phase, Max had become frustrated at the OC situation, and to be blunt, at how close Darthwolf was to winning. I tried to talk him out of doing anything rash, but he made an emotionally charged decision and Darth was modkilled. I worked with him to try to clean up the mess,but as you can imagine, Max lost the drive to continue, thus we decided just now to bring the game to an end.
To add, I'll admit I'm not feeling too great about how WotE essentially devolved into the OC-heavy mess like the current version.

I think I don't know how to play this game.
You have to communicate with others and share your data to win, although I feel that Darth might have overdone it.

To add, I'll admit I'm not feeling too great about how WotE essentially devolved into the OC-heavy mess like the current version.
Maybe you could do it by teams, so that only the team members can communicate?

IIRC the first game or so didn't have OC at all, so it might be interesting to try that again if the heavy OC nature of the recent ones has you down? I think the initial games went on for a long time because everyone only had their own notes, which was pretty fun like a puzzle, to me at least lol.

IIRC the first game or so didn't have OC at all, so it might be interesting to try that again if the heavy OC nature of the recent ones has you down? I think the initial games went on for a long time because everyone only had their own notes, which was pretty fun like a puzzle, to me at least lol.
That could be something...

Okay, so I might be one of the reasons why the game was cancelled.

This is the context people wanted I chose not to share because the game was still ongoing:

Prog already shared quite some info, not sure if you can offer more.

I might be able to tell you some attackers. In return tell me if you have either or both of the following attacks: Bug and Grass

Yeah, I don't think I'm interested in playing this anymore...

Feels like this type of game is just collect as many claims from how many people you PM privately and then just win as soon as possible instead of using your own moves and figuring things out yourself. Even when I got with prog I became hesitant about playing this way.

If another game is made, I think official teams with their own types and moves should be made. Like, official teams of 3. Sure, then there would be more known types at the start of the game, which might help with both its pace, and then stuff like this doesn't happen. Honestly why not just have everyone win all together by vague type-claiming?

I have both of those attacks. You should have figured out my type by now... good luck. Sorry if this is a melodramatic post but I lost all motivation of continuing sending attacks.

You've hit the nail on the head in regards to why this is the last WotE. It's basically decayed into this starting with v4.

I mean he just played the game how it's supposed to be played. It's not his fault it's so easy to win if you message everyone.
I think that was what was allowed by the rules, but it wasnt how the game was intended to go :)

I'd like to reemphasises that Darth did nothing wrong. He was well within the rules of the game. Max made a mistake, he admits that, and he's looking to fix it when the game returns so please go easy on him :)

@HumanDawn said:
If another game is made, I think official teams with their own types and moves should be made. Like, official teams of 3. Sure, then there would be more known types at the start of the game, which might help with both its pace, and then stuff like this doesn't happen.

More or less what I have been thinking. Specially since I started to feel confused even though I only started messaging three people (one who rejected it). Then Darth and Poyzin came and I started to feel tangled.

Is it really, though?
Kinda how I feel, too. Which is why I tried not to overdo it.

I mean how else. You just message everyone for their type. I don't really see how he played wrong.
With the rules as they were, he played totally fair and honestly it is definitely the smart move to use the OC to its fullest advantage like that if nothing is stopping you from doing so. However, the games initially started as more of an individual game of strategic attacks and deductions that required time to gather up as much information as you could due to a lack of OC. The latter is kinda how some of us seem to still approach and think of WotE, myself included tbh.
HumanDawn said:
If another game is made, I think official teams with their own types and moves should be made. Like, official teams of 3. Sure, then there would be more known types at the start of the game, which might help with both its pace, and then stuff like this doesn't happen. Honestly why not just have everyone win all together by vague type-claiming?
If OC is still to be allowed, this sounds like a pretty decent setup to test if only the team can communicate with each other and still have to pool their information and deduce from there.

With the rules as they were, he played totally fair and honestly it is definitely the smart move to use the OC to its fullest advantage like that if nothing is stopping you from doing so. However, the games initially started as more of an individual game of strategic attacks and deductions that required time to gather up as much information as you could due to a lack of OC. The latter is kinda how some of us seem to still approach and think of WotE, myself included tbh.
This makes way more sense and seems more fun. This is my first game so I was confused.

Let's pull up the previous rounds' records for what I hosted.
v4: OC allowed, ended after 2 Phases when CheffOfGames pulled this 'OC with everyone' tactic and DarthWolf gave Cheff a fake type to give only himself the win.
v5: No OC allowed, ended after 8 Phases. CheffOfGames, DarthWolf and MegaPod won.
v6: OC allowed again, introducing the limitations of what you can reveal in OC and what you're told at the end of each Phase that was also in this version ('s initial run). MegaPod, DarthWolf and Acrobatic Crobat won this one after 4 Phases, though it was only with 10 players. The 8 unused v6 Pokémon and movesets were re-inserted into v7.

Back
Top Bottom