• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War of the Super-Men: Endgame, Town Victory

Also may you please make longer posts? The thing is this: you remind me of this guy that I've played with several times. His name is Maven, and he would always make the minimal required posts and always end up flipping town, but when he was actively posting, he would end up flipping scum. I feel like you're a town lurker, which is why I feel like you'll probably flip town. However, do not get me wrong; if you don't lengthen out your posts and make it easier to read you, I would settle for lynching you. Please don't think of this as a threat; if you're town, there shouldn't be much of an issue making more posts, because they would all come from a townie mindset. So please, help us help you. I'm aware that I was getting some slack yesterday about placing you above everybody else in the null read range. (It's a gut read that I'll still probably stand by based on the time of originally writing, I haven't caught up to see if things have changed). So yeah. This is probably the most that I've seen you post so far in this game. Not 100% sure if its scummy or townie yet. I was just taking a gamble with your slot.
Fair enough, I will try my best.

Looking back over the thread, I've noticed that a lot of Zinn's arguments are all over the place plus I have noticed their insistence that mido is scum which could be seen as Zinn attempting to take a threat out by painting them as scum.
Vote:Zinn
for now

Decided to look back at the end of D1, because I don't think I addressed that. Ex looks bad in hindsight, but that's probably being brought about by the fact that they flipped scum and now I feel betrayed by my brother from a brother's brother (had I said that yet? Idk). Regardless, funnier and Mido interchange looks solidly townie, Mido's claim seems trustworthy, no CC's, basically golden in my eyes. #389 is a Mido highlight and flips my interpretation of them to solid town.

Because it really is out of nowhere to read a player as town that hasn't posted much when it'd be null for most others.

Noticed this post in a quote, and I really wanted to address it. This kind of goes back to what I was just talking about to Snake (but I guess it was pretty recent, so I do forgive you). I don't have any reason to townread Snake; that's why they were still in the yellow as null. It was just slightly more towards the town side on the spectrum because I thought that Snake played like Maven so I was willing to just sigh and shake my head. This is kind of a touchy thing for me too because I make sure to harp every game that I play when people read a slot as scummy just because they don't post a lot, or make only small posts, or post using only haikus, or post using only emojis, etc. There's no explicit reason to scumread somebody based on all of these things; in fact, they usually end up being town because scum wouldn't typically try to draw attention to themselves. So if I said have ever said that I thought that Snake was townie for making such limited posts, please keep in mind that I probably just didn't communicate my point effectively. However, I do not believe I have ever said something to that effect this game.

As it relates to current events, I wouldn't be surprised if this was Zinn's attempt to shift the blame onto me to get it off of themselves. I now realize that my Zinn townread was probably premature. Will be doing some soul searching when I make my 4th updated readslist.

And his random sureness of snake being to wire than the majority of the thread still feels off. @Poyzin Anything to say?

I figured it might come to this. My Snake read was pretty sketch at the time for how little they had done. However, I would like to disagree with you when you talk about my "random sureness". It is certainly not "sure", and there is no "randomness" about it.

I recently got out of a game where I (was told) that I was the single handed reason why I lost for town, due to my unwillingness to change my read on an inactive player. They ended up flipping town, and I was universally blamed for it. Because of this, I'm trying to be more flexible with my reads, and hoping for a bit of luck. With that being said, I don't think that your statement about my "random sureness" that Snake is town is fair. If you could provide relevant quotes stating that I said something to this effect, that would be appreciated. Keep in mind that yellow on my readslist are null reads, even if they're sorted within the colors based on my feelings rather than my opinions.

The only thing that keeps making me hesitant is the whole Poy/Officer town reading each other thing.

Bruhhhhh

I want to chalk this up as one giant misunderstanding, but that's not really fair to everybody else because I'm not immune to criticism. I really want to figure out where everybody got the idea that I was confident on Snake being town; at first I was assuming good faith, but now this feels like a smear campaign with my name written all over it. Kinda sucks, but mafia's mafia ig...

Bruhhhhh

I want to chalk this up as one giant misunderstanding, but that's not really fair to everybody else because I'm not immune to criticism. I really want to figure out where everybody got the idea that I was confident on Snake being town; at first I was assuming good faith, but now this feels like a smear campaign with my name written all over it. Kinda sucks, but mafia's mafia ig...

It wasn't just your read. It was that you were one of Officer's only town reads some time after. So it felt like y'all might be softinfg masons or something.

It wasn't just your read. It was that you were one of Officer's only town reads some time after. So it felt like y'all might be softinfg masons or something.

Oh, I did see that. I take it that you are referring to how Snake said they were townreading me and Lone? I suppose that is fair enough in the sense that you could prove association between me and him. However, I want it to be stated that Snake's opinion of me is not mutual. It's his own prerogative to read me as town, while I still read him as null. If Snake is scum and is trying to buddy me, then I cannot condone these actions.

Let it be known that I am not a mason.

However @Minish, you seem to have glanced over the key part of my quote, being where you said that I townread Snake. Do you think that you could quote for me where you got this from? Hopefully it's not from that readslist I made, but I still accept it if this is the case.

You see, I was initially skeptical of your alignment @funnier6 because you weren't getting mad at me, but this sounds like an overjoyed townie for having a scum prediction be correct. I don't want to think about the possibility that you and Ex are a scumteam. Please don't be on a scumteam with Ex. I'm just going to chalk this off as town!funnier for now.
Why would I be angry at you?

I'm only ever angry at you when youre scum

>__>
<__<
I don't really understand funnier's case on Lone, I don't see what exactly they've been doing that strikes me as particularly scummy.
Thats because it doesnt exist, if you read a bit more closely you'd see when I find Lone scummy that generally means he's town, thing is its a darn weak read and I've got stronger town reads on quite a few other people so he's closer to the bottom

Sorry y'all I got extremely sidetracked again but I'm pretty sure day ends in like thirty minutes if someone on that wagon would please use their kryptonite there that would be great @Officer Snake @whoever else is on it I dont remember

I still think Poy looks good but he gives me that awkward feeling I get when I'm town reading someone who just has to be scum but I'd rather pursue Zinn today anyway. Honestly if Poy is scum here good job cause I actually dont hate your posts for once.

Also @Minish yes my role targets people and I targeted someone last night no clue why youre asking

Vote Count:
ZinnLav (2): Lone_Garurumon, OfficerSnake
Poyzin (2): Midorikawa, DawningWinds
Minish (1): ZinnLav
OfficerSnake (1): Minish
Not Voting: Ayano Keiko, TheCapsFan, Poyzin, funnier6

DAY ENDS IN 20 MINUTES.
WITH 10 ALIVE, 6 IS MAJORITY

Last edited:
Thats because it doesnt exist, if you read a bit more closely you'd see when I find Lone scummy that generally means he's town, thing is its a darn weak read and I've got stronger town reads on quite a few other people so he's closer to the bottom

Okay just saying, but I wouldn't include one of my townreads in my lynch order. It's confusing. I get the POE is getting small but still.

Vote Count:
ZinnLav (2): Lone_Garurumon, OfficerSnake
Poyzin (1): Midorikawa
Minish (2): ZinnLav, DawningWinds
Not Voting: Ayano Keiko, TheCapsFan, Poyzin, funnier6

DAY ENDS IN 20 MINUTES.
WITH 10 ALIVE, 6 IS MAJORITY

Are you sure this is a correct votecount? Dawning is voting for Poyzin right now.

Okay just saying, but I wouldn't include one of my townreads in my lynch order. It's confusing. I get the POE is getting small but still.

Are you sure this is a correct votecount? Dawning is voting for Poyzin right now.
I don't even know how I make these mistakes. Dawning didn't vote for Minish at all.

It's this magical thing known as "Speculation" I was literally just throwing ideas out there.
Youre in a nice mood today :coffee:
With how Mido has been acting I'm willing to believe their claim for now even if it's a silly thing to do.
I'm not sure who else comes across as scummy though, everyone is so good at lying. It could be funnier, it could be Minish, it could be whoever's inactive. Hard to get reads from the inactives as always.
This is half of why I find Mafia games so stressful, I just can't do reads.
You could do a read on Mido, you could change a read on Mido, so why not someone else?
I would ask the host in private if it was an error before posting about it in the public thread. Games usually come with that loophole abuse rule where if you think something is wrong consult the host, though this game doesn't have one.
But I do agree, it'd be a silly thing for Mafia to do if they're lying. But it wouldn't be too out of place if they were Mafia and didn't have any as well.
What I'm saying is silly is to try to say someone is scum based on them saying they dont have a portion of pm that you do, thats not mafia is about. It can be a read but it feels bad and it doesn't even seem relevant when its just a bit of mechanics. If it was someone giving the town wincon with the complete wrong wording then yeah thats a red flag and big dumb (though I dont believe things like that should be allowed to happen) but unless its clearly a lie I think its cringe to bring things like that up.
This one line from his one post had more game-related content in it than all of Snake's posts up until that point.

Granted, Snake's content is much better now. I'd lean him town at this point
I suppose? I dont really see your point, Giri wasnt posting anything worth town reading that I can see, and theres not really a minimum content threshold that automatically earns a town lean
Suck it up. -1
:rolleyes:
HD and I have similar play styles
I beg to differ lol
I don’t like when my actions get chocked up “Midorikawa is a good player so she can just lie out of anything” because it’s just Debases actions. I do appreciate that people see me as skilled, but I don’t like being overestimated because it feels like my hard Work just gets ignored at times, if that makes sense.
I mean you are quite skilled at lying and its a nice thing to keep in mind when one has to believe what youre saying, of course that doesnt mean you should be ignored, just not believed in a hasty manner

End of Day 2 - Poyzin Lynched
Top Vote: ZinnLav (4): Lone_Garurumon, OfficerSnake, TheCapsFan, funnier6 - No Kryptonite
Second Vote: Poyzin (2): Midorikawa, DawningWinds - Kryptonite
Other Votes: Minish (1): ZinnLav
Not Voting: Ayano Keiko, Poyzin

The Supermen were unorganized, but they agreed: at least one person with "Zin" in their name was probably evil. It just sounded like the name of a villain; of course there must be evil among them!
While the majority seemed in favor of defeating ZinnLav, none were willing to pull the trigger. Instead, it was one of those watching Poyzin who did the deed. A dagger of Kryptonite found its way into his gut. He toppled to the ground, cursing in German, "Damn you, Supermen!" he yelled, "We were so close to having order....."
He died there on the ground, the dagger still in his gut.
Poyzin was Overman, the Mafia Thief
1587420822712.png

None dared stay longer, and one by one they slowly filed out of the room.
NIGHT TWO BEGINS
Night Two ends at 3pm PST on Tuesday 21 April 2020.

THE LIVING
  1. @ZinnLav
  2. @DawningWinds
  3. @Lone_Garurumon
  4. @Officer Snake
  5. @Midorikawa
  6. @funnier6
  7. @Minish
  8. @Ayano Keiko
  9. @TheCapsFan
THE DEAD
  • HumanDawn - Calvin Ellis, aka President Superman, the Town One-Shot Governor, Lynched Day 1
  • Giri - Clark Kent, The Last Son of Earth, the Town Inventor, Killed Night 1
  • ExLight - High Chancellor Superman, the Mafia Freezer, Killed Night 1
  • Poyzin - Overman, the Mafia Thief, Lynched Day 2

Back
Top Bottom