• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War of the Super-Men: Endgame, Town Victory

Fun game. After the 2nd scum flipped and I knew at least Midori couldn't target me at night, and it sounded like Zinn couldn't either I figured it was worth it going on alert. Got extremely lucky there. I was pretty confident in my town reads, so thought I might have poked mafia enough to target me.

Mafia didn't necessarily play bad. They just got really unlucky. Gg guys.

I targeted you because there were only two people I were convinced were town that still had Kryptonite and I didn't want to kill Mafia because that would definitely confirm that there was a SK, which would mean it was only a matter of time before I got caught, which resulted in a coin flip to decide whether I was taking out you or Lone.

...The coin chose wrong.

lol

It was stressful with everyone thinking I was scum.
But at the same time I still had fun and wish the game went longer, but sometimes Mafia is just plain unlucky.
It is worth mentioning that he was specifically the Batman from "Speeding Bullets", where Kal-El was adopted by Thomas and Martha Wayne

I obviously read what happened. This pedantism was very, very annoying.
...that's a new word. Why haven't I seen it before? (Also that's kinda just how I am, sorry.)

oh

well then
Though I did actually have a fakeclaim planned built around the idea by winning by collecting Kryptonite without ending the game. Actually, I had two on that, and three total, all built around collecting Kryptonite.

Here's a list, if you're wondering:
-Kryptonite Hoarder - Won by stealing Kryptonite off correctly predicted nightkills enough times so as to have more Kryptonite than the rest of the players combined. Left the game on victory. (Alternatively: won by having more Kryptonite than the other players combined when the game ended.) I decided not to use this one because it would become evident that I was a Serial Killer later on.
-[did not come up with a name] - Basically a Kryptonite Hoarder except was actually the one doing the killing. When I came up with this claim, I planned to use it to explain the game continuing if the last Mafia died and say that town could only win when I wasn't in the game(either by winning or dying), but I decided to abandon further development of the claim because I realized town would probably lynch me to get their own victory sooner.
-Graverobber - Town; collected Kryptonite from the dead by correctly predicting nightkills.

I was setting myself up to give the Graverobber fakeclaim when I claimed ExLight's Kryptonite and then further expanded on it when Minish asked if I admitted to beng a Serial Killer. I somewhat doubt anyone would be fooled. And even if people were, I doubt it'd have worked permanently, because I figured it'd be too obvious if I kept getting Kryptonite from the second death.

And before I forget, congrats to the town for winning!

Yeah I would have gone after you hard If you came out as an indep.

I will say the day Poyzin was lynched Inwas reading after wok and was like “oh crap he actually looks town” and was worried Inwas coming onto a mislynch. I was so relieved that it wasn’t. Guess it was a good thing work kept me busy that day.

Agreed about the Krypto mechanic. Though I do think it gets fishy if there's no way for anyone to regain Kryptonite, in that instance then Dawning's role becomes a little OP
Thats what the Kryptonite collector was SUPPOSED to do - give out one piece of kryptonite every night. Unfortunately, it ended up in the hands of an inactive.

Oh my god... the scum team got so paranoid of my vote on their Thief that both of them voted me and wanted me out. TheCapsFan even used their Kryptonite to assure my lunch! I had a bad feeling about TheCapsFan when he was being so defensive of me but I didn’t point it out until after he voted me. Good game and thanks for hosting DekuNut!

Oh, my Governor’s ability was to take all Kryptonite that was used in the Day Phase after I activate a No Lynch and then distribute it in the night. When DawningWinds asked for somebody to volunteer a Kyrptonite to them, then I thought that maybe everyone can distribute Kryptonite. I also didn’t think TheCapsFan would actually lynch me, I thought ExLight would. If I used it I would have taken Mafia Kryptonite and I would have at least lived a phase longer.

Ironically admitting it made you a potential lynch target. I think if it weren’t for the fact that you’re new, you would have been lynched for that.

And why does everyone have SKs. Legit I’m lynching all indeps from now on Becaise it’s apparently not an unfounded fear.

You were right, but what pinged me is that even if they were an SK, they could still kill Mafia and be of use like they were in Seraph and Gen IV Mafia. If SK kills happen, THEN we go after DawningWinds.

This game is kind of a repeat of Gen IV lol just with one less Independent.

Hmm, my lynch was a whole misunderstanding. I didn't plan on looking like a Jester for one hour and causing confusion. Ideally I would have taken some Kryptonite, told the truth and then gave it to whoever. Also, I don't take it against you DekuNut for the edit saying the phase lasted for 2 more hours instead of 45 minutes after an edit. We could go on circles about it on how I should have been more careful or thought of a different strategy.

ZinnLav, my Town Leading isn't to give me power only to win the game... but to get Town players to work together instead of against each other. Mafia is already united because they know who they are. Most solid Town wins are through a team of players working together instead of against each other from trying to understand each other. This is why I don't like ExLight's comments, because they bring more of an air of disruption than a united front, which is what ExLight did in the last few hours of the phase. I bring up how to handle kryptonite usage and even say in the end that if people have better strategies, it's okay to disagree and bring it up, but I get no explanation and it's actually something really bad when even the host says we should be careful with our limited kills? ZinnLav and ExLight approaches are really anti-Town, and if they're both Town, I'm not sure what the odds are of them winning.

I am glad I died though, because things might have not come out as well as they did!

You were right, but what pinged me is that even if they were an SK, they could still kill Mafia and be of use like they were in Seraph and Gen IV Mafia. If SK kills happen, THEN we go after DawningWinds.

This game is kind of a repeat of Gen IV lol just with one less Independent.
Not so rude Dawning could be used like that. They didn’t need us to die. They needed to Collect Kryptonite and of course town is Sistine there using some very phase. Dawning was more dangerous than a normal SK since the game could end before town and mafia finished duking it out.

Not so rude Dawning could be used like that. They didn’t need us to die. They needed to Collect Kryptonite and of course town is Sistine there using some very phase. Dawning was more dangerous than a normal SK since the game could end before town and mafia finished duking it out.

A very rare SK occurrence. How much Kryptonite did DW even need?

@DekuNut can you post all Role PMs? Feels like it would be a waste for only a few people to see your written work. Some details about the roles may be amiss.

Big props also go to @Officer Snake for removing his Kyrptonite in the last few minutes of Day 2. In their neighborhood chat with TheCapsFan, they told them they would use it up to lynch ZinnLav, making TheCapsFan confident that Poyzin wouldn’t be lynched, but thanks to Officer Snake removing it, Midorikawa was able to lynch Poyzin. Despite being the most heavily criticized player in the game, his role use and judgement were a help in finishing up the game.

@Minish you played pretty well too. Not because of the PGO, but you are the most natural Town in the game thanks to how consistent you were in your character. I felt like you were really helping the Town get together.

@Minish you played pretty well too. Not because of the PGO, but you are the most natural Town in the game thanks to how consistent you were in your character. I felt like you were

Aww thanks! I'm a bit bummed you died so early because you seemed fun to play with! This game was actually pretty chill for me in terms of effort. You can tell I'm really serious when I bust out the thorough ISOs. Lol. But it helped to be able to look at behavior and pick out some strong town reads.

Feel free to join us on zd sometime! Always welcoming new players there. Though our games can hit some crazy activity levels.

Back
Top Bottom