• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia 2 - GAME END - TOWN (+ INDEPENDENT) VICTORY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia 2 (TWR vs TRW) - DAY 2 - Better luck this time - 8/26/11

If you're spamming, make them at least Ponies or Cilan!

I think you meant, If you're spamming, make them at least funny of Cilan. No one wants to see ponies... :p

Vote: Shiny Celebi
Reason: She's quiet... too quiet...

Now, that that's done, who wants to go shoe shopping?!

@Wolverine - Translation: I don't wanna see ponies. :p was that what you meant?

@TFSpock - Yo. Query to you still stands. why so late on the CB wagon?

@bluesun - assuming there be some sort of vig, right?

@Wolverine - Translation: I don't wanna see ponies. :p was that what you meant?

@TFSpock - Yo. Query to you still stands. why so late on the CB wagon?

@bluesun - assuming there be some sort of vig, right?
Like I said, "assuming constant 2 deaths a cycle". I was thinking the dual lynch/mafia every day/night. As such if a doctor ever blocks a kill for example, it'd give us more Days, and more extra deaths :/ would make us have less time.

ah. i see your point, good sir.

@Neonsands: opinions on things so far?

@parma Mmmmm-hmmmmmm that's right I went there XD

I think you meant, If you're spamming, make them at least funny of Cilan. No one wants to see ponies... :p

Vote: Shiny Celebi
Reason: She's quiet... too quiet...

Now, that that's done, who wants to go shoe shopping?!
Quiet? yes, reason? I just got back into these games, its been a while, so I am choosing to observe and ease back into it. This is my reasoning for that.

Unvote: Shiny Celebi
Vote: bluesun

CB wagon? Well, I kinda was neutral on CB, and procrastinated on my opinion. In the end, I decided he was rather suspicious.

Unvote: Shiny Celebi
Vote: bluesun
Seeing as you give a reason for all your other votes and even your FoS, even if a joke-ish one, any big reason for voting for me?

Yes, I agree with Phoenicks that you're tone was kinda suspicious in that it was very calculating. You're very active, very quick to point out the Sourcandy role pm business and argue for her elimination on it (which only helps the mafia) and you seem generally very active and engaged in the game whereas you're usually more laid back than this. My curiosity is piqued.

So, one at a time:
Yes, I agree with Phoenicks that you're tone was kinda suspicious in that it was very calculating.
I still don't see how I'm being any more calculating than usual. Let's have a look:
Gemstone: got cancelled, but in the time I did play I had pointed out inconsistencies I spotted.
X-Men: stayed low until finally getting accused a few days in, then together with your death and decyphering a certain mod hint, (doubly) cleared a pile of people.
Burned Planet: computer broke and without internet, got killed.
BW Anime: computer broke before I even managed to get my only mafia role PM to date, grr.
Simpsons: Already helped oust a faked PM convo.
Death Note: Not started yet, but already think I've come up with a winning strategy.
You're very active, very quick to point out the Sourcandy role pm business and argue for her elimination on it (which only helps the mafia)
Ummmm, @Neonsands/@Mintaka are we not allowed too post our role pm's like an actual screenshot or can we not claim and only do that in PM. Because if so Ill just PM everyone in the game my role, because the mafia arent going to want to waste their night kill on me.
From the rules at least:
"Mentioning your role’s name is not allowed." "REVEALING YOUR ROLE PM. Enough said. Not even among ‘mafia’ players. No photos, no to anything. If this happens, immediate removal from the game." "Feel free to share copies of private messages (OTHER THAN ROLE PMs)".
So I guess, not at all...
You refer to this, I assume. I wasn't trying to argue for or against anything, just quoting rules to answer Derier44's question. Heck, if it had said something other than, oh, "immediate removal from the game", or synonyms, then I would've.
If say, a computer fell out of a high window and hadn't landed yet, arguing about what paving stone it'd land on wouldn't very much help save it. Similarly having revealed their roles if the rules say "immediate removal" then no amount of arguing is going to save them. While it does help the mafia, could I really have stopped either of them revealing their role?
and you seem generally very active and engaged in the game whereas you're usually more laid back than this. My curiosity is piqued.
Excluding the two never played through to completion of my role, this is only my third BMGf mafia, and also due to... certain things best left to PMs, I have a reason to be more active than in say, the X-Men mafia. Though maybe I'm just not a good enough player /yet to know usual strategies. I wonder, is 'vote off the newbies and nightkill experienced players' a common strategy for mafias?

Either way, this'll probably be my last post for tonight, so don't expect any more replies until the morning.

CB wagon? Well, I kinda was neutral on CB, and procrastinated on my opinion. In the end, I decided he was rather suspicious.

Was this based off your own reasons or someone else? I give you Peppers and how he just used CB's self voting reason as his own.

sorry for inactivity, i've been a bit busy.

Derier44, you are Zhwoobatte.

You were recruited by Team War Room members for this fight against a new enemy, but a problem; you were brought into the team in a hurry and thus there wasn't enough time to train you for the fight! D:

Thus you do not have any particular ability, except...your ability to vote.
Your votes count as one...like normal.
This was not done because I lacked creativity to find an ability to suit you.

You are allied with Team War Room (Town). You win if your team succeeds in getting rid of all of the Real World Mods (Mafia) before they enter a condition they cannot lose.

why does this make me mad?

Because the little people never get to have any fun?

Re: War Room Mafia 2 (TWR vs TRW) - N1 - Night Actions! - 8/25/11

I wasn't trying to calculate any tone. Saying that he had lurked in the War Room, yet had not played before, I thought it was possible he had not read many or any role PMs before. Whether or not he had, then at least from his role PM this game, if he was town, then he'd know we town players are told as such. And the only way there wouldn't be a line saying he's town in a role is logically, if he was mafia. (Putting independants aside since there weren't any in the last game either.)

...though given that I also suspected Sourcandy Miku Hatsune slightly for her post above the one I nitpicked for similar reason, and that both of them turned out town... :/ I guess I was too naive to use that as logic, and won't be using it again. x.x

There's not much of a response to an FoS. Stubbornness prevents anyone from saying anything but "mafia would say that". But that you're not arguing against me, but playing the "we're both wrong, in a way" game tells me something.

There's a contradiction about what you're saying here. It's more productive to examine the voters and the records so let's not try to get lurkers to vote and all follow blindly a bandwagon.

Your lecture was late, I said. There's no contradiction between criticizing your post and endorsing a particular behavior.

ah. i see your point, good sir.

@Neonsands: opinions on things so far?

My immediate thought when I saw the night kill was that I was being setup. I get suspicion cast on me, and then somebody who voted me dies during the night. Yeah, great coincidence -.-

Anyways, I know a lot of people can go around saying they knew better than to lynch Con Boy, buy that doesn't do us any good now. In fact, the mafia would know better than to lynch Con Boy. Let a bandwagon generate on its own, and then accuse the group who voted of being mafia. It makes a small group of suspicion to distract the cop, while they just hide in the much larger group of people who didn't vote.

Just some thoughts.

@bluesun -- meta is not reliable. I could do something for 20 games in a row and switch around and not do it the 21st. Inconsistencies and consistencies are not worth anything. Meta is only helpful for very general playstyles and not much else.

Meta is only useful for SKILLZ APPRAISAL.
I would like to select a random person to vote for, but God forbid I be wrong and some sort of bandwagon snowballs whilst I slumber.
Plus the nubs dead from yesterday doesn't really lend to the 'random' concept.
I'd hoped more happened while I was gone today so I'd get more ideas...
I'll try to decide before the darkness takes me.

Vote: Wolverine

You've been accusing a lot of people, and that is pretty easy to do. But really, you are in the same boat. Nobody in here is a cleared innocent, so I figure now is a good time for your turn.

I don't really like the aggressive playstyle where you vote randomly. Not going to try and compare you to other games, but I'm just not getting a good vibe.

@Wolverine

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom