• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia BYOB - Live and Learn - NEW AGE WINS - ratings are up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia BYOB - DAY 1 To Remember - 2012-08-05

Um, I think most townies don't want to seem suspicious so they aren't lynched, thus hurting the town?

Then every townies should sit on the sideline and wait just to be sure that they won't be mislynched? :/

I don't understand what you mean. I've been one of the most active players in almost every mafia I'm in, and I've only been lynched as a townie once. v.v;

But the thing is Belarus, you have to take risks (sometimes) and vote and it doesn't matter if you seem suspicious, doesn't everyone at the beginning? I mean, guilty until proven innocent pretty much. You can't always hide behind a vote you WERE going to make because it'd put suspicion on you... Does that really matter? It's like when people intentionally post during a bandwagon saying 'I'm not going to take part in this even though there are 7 votes already on them because if they're town I will look suspicious'. Either vote, or don't vote but it's better to keep quiet about a vote you were going to make.

I don't understand what you mean. I've been one of the most active players in almost every mafia I'm in, and I've only been lynched as a townie once. v.v;

tumblr_luh6xfUbKy1qfga8u.gif

@Soulmaster; -> if anything whoever is mafia is less likely to vote period.

Belarus.: III (Mijzelffan, Axle Helios, Buoy)
FinalArcadia: I (Lithuania)
CAR*: I (FinalArcadia)
Joltik: I (Phoenicks)
Ryuutakeshi: I (Neon Borealis)
Fresa: I (Soulmaster)

@Joltik;, why are you more so concerned about Phoenicks? It's just a random vote. That bothers me more than Lithuania, honestly. Mafia are usually the super-defensive ones.

Seems like the odds are in our favour then.

Vote: No Lynch

There, we have our information from the goings-on of this phase. We can no lynch now and, surprise surprise, this information will still be here ;o

While I agree that it's a bad habit that Belarus. is in, it's how she usually plays. The kind of passive-active mentality, thinking for herself without actually being too aggressive. So, it shouldn't be considered as any sort of tell-tale sign.

Literally the majority that's being said at the moment is "You reacted negatively to this vote", which isn't a suspicious thing, because while the aim is to win with the faction, self-preservation will naturally kick in, since you can't really help if you're dead. When we actually get reasoning behind votes, and see how they react to that reasoning and their defence tactics, THEN we can start to analyse it. But right now, I don't think it's in our best interest to lynch someone. See what happens with the kill and go from there.

Of course, the odds have not been very dependable of late.

I'm sorry, I had to.

There, we have our information from the goings-on of this phase. We can no lynch now and, surprise surprise, this information will still be here ;o

While I agree that it's a bad habit that Belarus. is in, it's how she usually plays. The kind of passive-active mentality, thinking for herself without actually being too aggressive. So, it shouldn't be considered as any sort of tell-tale sign.

Literally the majority that's being said at the moment is "You reacted negatively to this vote", which isn't a suspicious thing, because while the aim is to win with the faction, self-preservation will naturally kick in, since you can't really help if you're dead. When we actually get reasoning behind votes, and see how they react to that reasoning and their defence tactics, THEN we can start to analyse it. But right now, I don't think it's in our best interest to lynch someone. See what happens with the kill and go from there.

Asking for a no lynch after 6 hours into a 44 hours long phase?

I want to know why he voted for me.

It's Day 1 -- there's not much to say about it except: if you're town you shouldn't be so worked up about one random vote.

Asking for a no lynch after 6 hours into a 44 hours long phase?

Oh, I didn't realise this was 44 hours long. I just wanted the no lynch to have the majority before tomorrow, because you usually get peak mafia hours, and when I'm online in the morning, everyone else is still usually sleeping, so I needed to get it done now [/waffle]

I'm gonna keep it there, just so I don't have to worry about re-adding it later, which I'll just end up doing anyway.

Even with 44 hours, I'll be surprised if we get anything majorly useful in this phase.

Sounds like the Reverse Gambler's fallacy to me.

No, I don't think that's the case (although as an A-Level Maths student where stats form a chunk of the subject, that article was quite interesting :3). Belarus. isn't saying "I've been townie in loads of games, so I'm most likely to still be town", but more "In the games I've been town, I've been active and not-lynched." However, I don't get what that has to do with the 'I don't want to seem suspicious' thing that got brought up.

Zenax was trying to make a point that if we all were quite reserved, and didn't go out of our way to do things in fear it would make us suspicious, we'd never get anything done. So, I guess in a way, only adopt a strategy if you would be happy for everyone else in the game to use it too. That seems reasonable, right? ;o

No, I don't think that's the case (although as an A-Level Maths student where stats form a chunk of the subject, that article was quite interesting :3). Belarus. isn't saying "I've been townie in loads of games, so I'm most likely to still be town", but more "In the games I've been town, I've been active and not-lynched." However, I don't get what that has to do with the 'I don't want to seem suspicious' thing that got brought up.

Zenax was trying to make a point that if we all were quite reserved, and didn't go out of our way to do things in fear it would make us suspicious, we'd never get anything done. So, I guess in a way, only adopt a strategy if you would be happy for everyone else in the game to use it too. That seems reasonable, right? ;o

Like I said, I didn't understand what Zenax meant. It's as if he said being active = you're lynched. Considering my history, I don't understand how that applies...

No, I don't think that's the case (although as an A-Level Maths student where stats form a chunk of the subject, that article was quite interesting :3). Belarus. isn't saying "I've been townie in loads of games, so I'm most likely to still be town", but more "In the games I've been town, I've been active and not-lynched."
Oh, fair enough. Going back it seems I misread her post.

Like I said, I didn't understand what Zenax meant. It's as if he said being active = you're lynched. Considering my history, I don't understand how that applies...

Now that's some serious word-twisting.

Now that's some serious word-twisting.

I don't know, that's what I saw it as. D:

Then every townies should sit on the sideline and wait just to be sure that they won't be mislynched? :/

If they're sitting on the sidelines, they're not posting. So that means they wouldn't be lynched--meaning the reverse would be true, that if you're active, you have a larger chance of being lynched.

That post was just a reworded and aggravated version of what you posted before (I don't want to be mislynched so I'll do my best to avoid being suspected instead of scumhunting.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom