• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia BYOB - Live and Learn - NEW AGE WINS - ratings are up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia BYOB - Live and Learn - NEW AGE WINS

Ratings time! Well, they might not be perfect as I am not exactly psychic and read what everyone was thinking, but I have based them off the impressions I got from your plays. Sure, if you have given me thoughts on why you were making what move during the game, ratings might be more accurate.
As this game wasn’t exactly best in balance and some of the roles weren’t really good, don’t be too discouraged by the ratings. After all, I might not understand your situation completely. Just be careful from now on, learn from your play, and my game would have served the purpose.

Sportsmanship: Frustrating < Okay < Good
Activity: Frustrating < Okay < Good
Role Usage: Bad < Acceptable < Good
Extra comments and a score out of ten will follow. For those that died early, I might just be giving something near an average unless you really played badly.

Independent

Zenax (‘Mijzelffan’)

Sportsmanship: Good
Activity: Good
Role Usage: Bad

Comments: The biggest flaw in your play as an Neutral is, as you are aware of it, that your play was too pro-town. Your ability could have even worked for the mafia team if you could earn their trust somehow. That thought scares and humors me at the same time. If you have claimed that you’re a neutral with an extra life (I would have kept other abilities hidden if I were you), I don’t think the town would have bothered to lynch you just to waste two valuable phases. Mafia wouldn’t bother with a Neutral/Independent either, if the player wouldn’t interfere with their winning the game. The reason I gave you ‘Bad’ for Role Usage was to cover the mistake of your not claiming Independent to at least some players.
Score: 5/10

~~~

MAFIA

Belarus. (‘TheMissingno.’)

Sportsmanship: Okay
Role Usage: Good

Comments: You worked for the team, kept your actions and claims more of consistent than not. The Day 1 was your biggest flaw. A challenge for the mafia is to find control during Day 1, and let’s be frank, you did poorly there. As that you were the mafia’s most offensive role, your becoming a main suspect in Day 1 was a very risky move. If there were new players who weren’t aware of your past styles, I think you would have been lynched without a chance to defend. Work on your defenses. Try to use more reason than emotion when defending. That not only gives you too much attention when you should be in the safe radar, but as I warned you, it’s unfair when you’re discouraging players to argue with you out of fear of upsetting/scaring you. Also, respect the rules, I didn’t appreciate that you were among those who asked if nameclaiming were allowed when I stated it out there that no one could. You’ve hosted games before; just imagine how annoying it is when players ignore you. Otherwise, have confidence. Your play as a mafia player was great, and everyone can certainly expect good plays from you.
Score: 8/10

Exor (‘Soulmaster’)

Comments: It wasn’t a big thing – as I didn’t allow mafia to nameclaim just for the element of surprise – but your asking if nameclaiming was allowed was a tad disappointing. Respect the rules, hosting is already demanding. Your activity was good, but your role demanded you to be put in the limelight, even suspected. Yet you didn’t, and only once in the whole game did your role activate. Admitting that you were mafia was also a mistake. You had been maintaining a certain level of trust from town players, but you lost that all with that move, and town started to coordinate their words more. After all, the town roleblocker blocked you at that one moment your role activated, and if you hadn’t admitted that you were mafia, the roleblocker could have aimed at someone else. Imagine how bad it would have been if you managed to earn that protection piercing kill at that last chance, yet the roleblocker ruined it.
Score: 3/10

Greece (‘Hitomi’)

Comments: You worked for the team, and your early death was just bad luck, so I won’t say much about it. However, the fact that a mafia player with a power role had to step in offense to vote in a bandwagon on an innocent – which didn’t have much reason frankly – was a risky move, and look what it cost. Sure, the progress proves that mafia team didn’t need a role cop much in the long run, but per the strategy, your choice to vote for Mijzelffan was a bad one. Otherwise, you were more of sportive and everyone can expect a good play from you.

Mr. Fahrenheit (‘Lithuania/Belarus.’)

Activity: Okay
Role Usage: Acceptable

Comments: The lack of activity was a tad disappointing, when you could even resist dying once. Your making the move to lean the votes toward Joltik, I find that better than bad because it would have meant that you would have taken in a hit in place of another teammate. Also you used that other action to the full extent (hiding the vote count) and using it on first Day phase was a good move.

Paperhorse (‘Luminosity’)

Comments: I am aware that you were busy in real life, but I’ll have to be fair – you needed to receive attention for your role to become useful. Your seer power never activated. If any of the mafia players HAD to be lynched, it should have been you, to either kill a dangerous townie or remove two townies’ role powers. But look at what happened, all the offensive mafia teammates were killed, and what remained of your team were those with mostly passive powers.

Phoenicks ('Paperhorse')

Sportsmanship: Worst for voting for me Good

Comments: Despite having never been checked, you worked to earn trust for the town. By the later game, you knew everyone’s roles and earned their trust, especially from the potentially dangerous ‘day cop’. Claiming some sort of a backup cop was very good. You kept your statements consistent and spread information appropriately. Your choice to take the roleblocking ability was good too, as it gave one mislynch and a crucial one while at that. I don’t know if I can find any flaw in your play – you even discouraged active discussion at the right moment so that players wouldn’t be digging into your true motives.
Score: 10/10

Average for the mafia: 6.1 / 10
I don’t have any complaints about your teamwork – it was near flawless. Other than three of you asking if nameclaiming was allowed in the Night 0, that was more of my personal thing so I'm not disappointed there. However, look at those who were lynched. You lost your role cop, then your spy, and then your main weapon, roleblocker/vote redirector. You used the wrong roles to play offensive and lead mislynches. If it wasn’t for that role absorption, you would have lacked control in the later stages of the game. Adding the bomb AND a kill-resistant role was my mistake, but the fact that you never used that to your advantage is disappointing. That is what accounts for the poor average despite your victory and some of you having worked a lot. Let’s say it this way – your play overall wasn't very good, but the town just were too weak (which is my fault) and their actions weren’t coordinated enough to beat your teamwork.

~~~

TOWN

Axle Helios (‘Mr. Fahrenheit’)

Activity: Frustrating
Role Usage: Acceptable (I’ll be generous here, that was more of vanilla role anyway)

Comments: You were frankly good, picking up hints on who’s suspicious and not. You lost activity however. It cost a lot because a simple defense from you could have earned the town an extra Day, and even have lynched a mafia player (Exor) early.

America* (‘Drumbeats’)

Comments: Way better than the previous player with the role (who never used the role, I won’t bother writing ratings for him). You engaged in public discussions actively. I am not going to fault you for protecting the wrong targets since I see your reasoning why you trusted Phoenicks. It’s a disappointing that you chose to protect Lithuania who admitted that she’s a reviver who already had used her role though.
Score: 7/10

Buoy (‘The Puppetmaster’)

Comments: One of my favorite town players in the game, definitely. You stuck to your own judgments when choosing who to block or accuse, that’s a big thing. You blocked the mafia roleblocker (your block would work because I gave you priority) and that affected the mafia’s plans. Your trick to put suspicion on Belarus. – yeah everybody, I didn’t give ANYTHING when you’re not supposed to receive results – worked great in my opinion. Given that you were killed because mafia thought that they couldn’t control you, I think most will agree with the rating that I give you. Just be more sportive as a player, I found your tone rude sometimes. Otherwise, go ahead, feel proud and I look forward to good plays from you.
Score: 9/10

Central African Republic* (‘Mintaka’)

Comments: Your role needed attention to activate, and you worked to receive attention (though sadly you weren’t targeted often). You were among the less manipulated among the town players, you stuck to your own information when judging who was suspicious and who wasn’t. Slight pity is that your suspicion on Belarus. wavered during Day 3. But overall, good, you were one of the players I liked in this game.

Croag (‘Phoenicks’)

Comments: Being bulletproof should have meant that you should have been fearless when accusing players since you could resist a kill (ignore that possibility that mafia roleblocker would have aimed at you, you wouldn’t have been aware of that). Claiming in the public is a good move for miller more often than not, and if mafia found your claim earning trust from town, they could have even wasted a kill even. Anyhow, given what your role could do, your activity didn’t make up for it as much as I hoped.
Score: 4/10

Destiny Queen (‘Feralize’)

Comments: I was worried that you might find this game too tricky as this is your first game, but you stuck to basics and played pretty good. You weren’t too quick in trusting people. However, most of your votes were based on what others were suggesting at you – you were being manipulated, yes. That vote on Mijzelffan was more of an option suggested by Phoenicks – a mafia, btw – than your own judgment. Plus, the fact that you claimed your role to one person was a big disappointment, as if townies needed an extra Day phase, your role could have earned it. If you were to claim it, I would have just claimed in public. Letting one player know of it left your role to be either manipulated or just not be given a chance to be used – and the latter happened. Mafia would have never lynched you. Lying is never unacceptable in these mafia games, even to the most trustworthy people, if you find a need to lie or keep some facts hidden, go ahead. You’ll get the hang of these games and we can expect more from you.

DrumBeats ('Zenax')

Comments: You had a powerful role, practically a day cop. However, you used your role badly. During the Days when Exor and Belarus. were lynched, you SHOULD have placed your vote on someone else other than Exor to ‘Check’ players. You should have remained independent than not when it came to actually placing votes. Let others who are aware of your role feel that they’re in control so that you won’t be killed even if they are mafia, and then take action as you need. When you had chosen to ‘check’ someone, it was already when mafia had taken a grasp on the situation to put your role to their own use. Also, Lithuania’s claim remained not CC’d, so I found little point in actually placing a vote on her to check her. I won’t judge that though, as circumstances proved her to be suspicious. But your poor use of a powerful role, in the later stages when town still had a chance, will give you this bad rating.
Score: 2/10

Feralize (‘Ryuutakeshi’)

Comments: Yes, your role was a bit situational. I was still disappointed that when the perfect chance to activate your role came – Soulmaster, who was the cop, being killed – you didn’t activate it. Most of the time you stuck to your own intuitions and information when making decisions, but in the later games, you were mostly being controlled by the mafia. I don’t blame you for being suspicious of Drumbeats though. I think if you had been more active – and hence gain more information while most players were alive – you would have been better in this game, as your observations were actually good.
Score: 6/10

FinalArcadia (‘Aestivate’)

Sportsmanship: Frustrating

Comments: Your role was not used often, but I won’t judge on that, as it would have given more inconvenience to a townie than not. However due to the fact that you were sometimes inactive, and later made a mistake that cost the townie an extra Day, I am not willing to be generous in the score. Please be more aware of notes that host makes in the future.

Fresa (‘Hellion’)

Comments: the couple phases when your activity was low, your activity was fine, and you participated in discussion pretty well. A pity that your one kill aimed for an innocent. I hoped that you would have saved that one kill until you could narrow down suspects more.

Hawkeye (‘Parma’)

Comments: The big disappointment regarding you was that you did not use your role when the mafia hid the vote count – the role was meant to counter that. Your role could be used three times, using it once wouldn’t have hurt the town, especially when you could have had the results posted without revealing yourself. Also you were inactive in the later phases when every vote would have counted. Your actions lacked your own judgment sometimes, especially when you have placed a vote on Axle Helios just because someone said that they’d take responsibility.
Score: 4/10

Joltik (‘J J M’)

Comments: You were the first to be lynched, so there aren’t a lot to base ratings on. However, when you were having a lot of votes aimed at you, you should have defended more, even use one of your reports to prove your role. The first Day had 48 hours, so there was plenty of time to see how the votes were moving and see if you would need to use a report to prove yourself. I’ll still give you something close to average, because it’s fairer to do that since you were lynched first.

Lithuania (‘Umeko’)

Sportsmanship: Frustrating

Comments: As a player you have frustrated me big time. If you had posted any screenshot, I would have had no choice but to modkill you on the spot. Hosting is demanding already, and if you keep forgetting the rules, you’re only making it less enjoyable for the host. On your play; you were too quick to trusting people; trusting a player out of their claim ONLY is not a good move (Jack of All Trades is not a role to be trusted anyway). The fact that you trusted Bela fully even after the cop died is a mystery to me, you should have stated doubting her even a little bit. Your votes were mostly of recommended by other players rather than of your own judgment. Also, if you were in a situation of a confirmed townie, the better move was that you try taking claims from the remaining players. However, I won’t take points off that since I seemed to have intimidated you too much with my second post. Reviving the doctor was more of good than not (the part that the revived target wouldn’t be allowed to communicate privately wasn’t in your knowledge after all), so your role usage was acceptable.

Mijzelffan (‘Iteru’)

Comments: If I were to pick the best townie in this game, it’d be a battle between you, Buoy, and CAR*. You drew attention in public like your role needed, acting pro-town than mafia. Your decisions were less manipulated – if it was to any extent – among the townies. It’s a pity that you were lynched rather than killed. The fact that you didn’t claim bomber flat in the open even under pressure was noteworthy. Luck was in your favor as well. Just asking, I’m not sure about your saying that the reviver should have just revived the bomber. However, in THIS case at least…that would have been great.
Score: 10/10

Soulmaster (‘Sourcandy’)

Comments: The cop, one of the power roles among the town. You had the power to actually gain information if a person to be trusted than not. Thus you should have not relied on secondhand information when trusting people. If you chose to trust someone, it should have been relying on your own information. I was shocked when you jumped to the gun to trust Belarus., to the point that you told her that you were cop. From what I’ve seen, you jumped to the gun because Lithuania, who you actually checked, said that she trusted Belarus. That’s a really bad mistake. To make things worse, your mistake of relying on secondhand trust contributed to letting a mafia roleblocker go loose for a few more phases when she could have been lynched. For some other town players here, I’ve been a bit generous as their roles weren’t useful as I hoped. However in your case, I won’t hesitate in giving you a bad rating.
Score: 1/10

Ryuutakeshi ('PichuBuoy')

Comments: Been very active in discussions and very pro-town from what I’ve seen. It’s a pity that your suspicions were on wrong players, but your decisions were based on your own information rather than suggestions from others. Just one thing, though, sometimes I found that your arguments were discouraging players from discussing or defending, not out of logic or information, but due to your tone. I’ll be giving your role usage ‘Good’ because…well, it’s a passive ability anyway. By the way, your hidden ability was that if two players had voted for each other at any moment during a Day, you’d get PMs exchanged between the two. It was something I was testing, to see if it’d pick up anything in those OMGUS situations. But oh well, my insight wasn’t good. (Oh, right, don’t forget to beat up the RNG spirit for me, I hated it.)

TheMissingno ('hurristat')

Comments: Despite joining the game in the middle of it, you were well informed, and seek information yourself. You did not rely much on other sources when making decisions. You relied on your own information and what you thought yourself when taking actions. The final plan of yours to lure if a player was mafia, the plan was quite…good. The part that the person you were planning that with was a Mafioso was unfortunate. Regarding your role usage, it was something that didn’t really work well – why did I think of that role grr – so I’ll just give you Acceptable.
Score: 7/10

Average for the Town Players: 5.5 / 10

Inactivity harmed you townies really bad. When I say inactivity, I’m not only referring to the real, “didn’t do anything” inactivity – I’m also talking about the lack of communications between you players. You only picked up communications in the later stages among yourselves, and that was more of late. Naturally any new information, they would focus on a few players and if they were killed or were mafia, the information was lost. Many of the bandwagons, most of you never even questioned the reason. Some of you were trusting players blindly – the fact that mafia didn’t have to work a lot to for the mislynches is very sad. Those with power roles, they didn’t wield them well which made the situation worse. Appropriate communication helps the town, and protects those with power roles from dying.
And I am sure that I've expressed this during a certain Day-to-Night update after seeing some players' actions, but please, stop making the hosting difficult. It's already time and effort consuming. You're already aware of the need to respect players, but don't forget the host. That attitude 'host will tell us if we're about to break the rules anyway' is offending. It's especially frustrating when I even made that sign-up sentence a brief summary of the rules, and most of you players are here after reserving a spot. Yet someone comes nearly close to posting a screenshot, someone posts in a way that role PM forbid them to, players accuse another of violating the rules in the open, someone twists a mod warning. I was more offended with these than a player having sent the revived doctor a PM even.
If the host does not enjoy hosting a game, chances are, most players will end up not enjoying it either. And if you're thinking, 'Why are you so serious about a mafia game?', think of whatever time the host devoted to make the game and run it.

Last edited:
Again, I really do apologize for what I did, for both hurting the town and for not following the rules.

And largely because of that, I'm honestly surprised that I got as decent a rating as I did...

I promise that I won't let something like that happen again.

I was going to unvote Mijzelffan, I thought there was 1 vote on me and none on him but then I got distracted and forgot to do it :sweat:

7/10? You're far too generous. I helped the mafia more than any other town player.

Yeah. ^^; I still have a long way to go to being a very good player.

Thanks, Mintaka. I didn't notice that I was being overly rude to anyone, but I guess that's how I come across. I'll try to be nicer or something. ;_;

I SHALL GO FORTH AND BECOME A BETTER PERSON

Well reviving most roles would just get them killed by the mafia eventually, reviving stuff like granny and bomb means the mafia will think twice before killing them. I remember when I once was mafia and the hunter was revived, we let him stay alive for the rest of the game because we were too afraid to sacrifice one of us attacking him.

Anyway, I love that you did ratings ^^

Yup fully expected that. And I have learned my lesson on not to do that.

Re: War Room Mafia BYOB - Live and Learn - NEW AGE WINS

It’s a disappointing that you chose to protect Lithuania who admitted that she’s a reviver who already had used her role though.

About this, I thought Lithuania was taking claims from power roles since she was basically confirmed, and I thought the mafia might want to get rid of her.

Well reviving most roles would just get them killed by the mafia eventually, reviving stuff like granny and bomb means the mafia will think twice before killing them. I remember when I once was mafia and the hunter was revived, we let him stay alive for the rest of the game because we were too afraid to sacrifice one of us attacking him.

We could just have roleblocked and killed you. Well, I don't know if your bomb ability could be roleblocked but seeing as those kill immunities could be roleblocked so...

Just noticed the thread title.

[video=youtube;u9zZus_1_ag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9zZus_1_ag[/video]

Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom