• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia: Revelations - Live Life - NEW AGE (TOWN) WINS - Ratings&Etc stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - Live Life - NEW AGE (TOWN) WINS!

Congrats town! I haven't been on the winning side in a mafia game in a long time lol.

Thanks for letting me play Min! I had a good time. :)

Even though I never got to play, I had fun reading :3 That was a beautiful update - thanks for hosting, @Mintaka;!

Congrats Town! Awesome game Min!

Also so happy I got a role, a pretty accurate one. I totally have no issues running my mouth in mafias-Of course I don't hide to do it, I'm 100% open as people saw by my golden post. Speaking of which, someone should totally toss that in the quote book.

I demand to know why I was not a role in this game. I survived the last one, so I wasn't even dead!
You had your presence in the opening plot and an update :p

The thing is that for the Town side, I chose users that I never made role PMs out of so that more people would have the honor of having a role made by me :p wow I sound so overconfident

aaaaaaaaaaaaand while I'm posting, here's a fun fact: I tracked Mido on N2 thinking she was mafia, and actually had her name in the message I sent to Mintaka instead of Soulmaster.
Yeah, I edited that out because honestly any name of a person who's playing this game would give unfair attention. So I chose a name that existed in plot only.

EDIT: the original PM

It has been an interesting evening; I awoke unsure of what to expect. I got up and grabbed my coffee, prepared for the worst.

I saw that there had been a no-lynch, a foe on par with the mafia. In anger, I spilled my coffee and got third-degree birds (yes birds). The birdies told me something interesting. Very interesting. Was I being lied to? Were things not in my favor? The birdies knew the answer, but refused to share. They give me a hint, however, and told me to act on it.

Apparently, Midorikawa had been in the break room before me, and put a special solution in each of the mugs. When a liquid was poured inside, the cup was to explode on one's self. It seems I was the unlucky sap who fell for her ploy, but I knew what I had to do, and I was not going to let scalding bean juice get in my way. If my coffee was to continue getting spilled, there was only one course of action I could take.

Track: Midorikawa

Last edited:

@Mintaka Just curious, how were the effects of my role determined?

@Mintaka Just curious, how were the effects of my role determined?

Take a guess :p

V answer
By genre-

* Kpop: Everyone’s votes are reduced half in value.
* Jpop: All players must use at least two colors in font in at least one post. If they don’t, their vote will not count for the phase.
* Rock: Players who do not vote during the Day will receive one vote.
* Country: all abilities (passive powers) are disabled in the following Night phase
* R&B: all individual actions (activated powers) are disabled in the following Night phase
* Jazz: all posts must have at least a sentence in italics or their owner’s votes will not count.
* Hip Hop: Players who do not vote will receive double damage from votes.
* General Pop: Counter votes (A voting for B and B voting for A) will not count.
* Any song with no lyrics: No additional effect (‘Nothing special happened’)

P.S. - Kpop effect is because, although I'm a Korean, Kpop songs nowadays sound so similar and I’m not a particular fan of Kpop overall tbh. (I’m more into the 90’s and early 21st century Korean music, stuff I grew up with from middle school.) Hence the overall negative effect.

Your song choices were interesting to say the least. I admit I panicked when you sent in that Jamaican song, so I went with something close enough x)
Next time I have another role like this, I'll have everything count rather than 'no additional effect' being one of them.

Congratulations town!
tenzin-woohooplz.gif

For what class were those doodles for? I recognize the 'love' character. one of very few characters I can actually read, shame being a Korean, using a language of which 95% words can be written using those Chinese characters and actually kinda mandatory for a person in my age
Hmm, maybe I'll have you write my character for the Min part in my name (敏) twenty times. >:3c
I doodled those for the heck of it unless you meant the characters I was practicing to write for Japanese class.
I did remember reading that Koreans usually learn the hanja (Chinese characters; "hanzi" in Chinese) for their names and some other stuff, but it's not mandatory unless one is in higher learning or they want to get somewhere (that is a good job), iirc. I don't know how many characters I know since there's so many to learn.

[picture here i learned more stroke order]
Also, according to this, 敏 can be read as Satoshi.
Mintaka is secretly Ash Ketchum.
meeloplz.gif

Cool- I had no idea! My best guess was that you had a list of conditions (eg. confer votes, no votes, no italics) and a list of effects (eg. player receives an extra vote, player's vote doesn't count), and that the first letter of the song name corresponded to one while the first letter of the artist corresponded to the other.

I'm very glad I didn't choose any R+B or Country songs...

And of all the options, jazz probably was the closest for Bob Marley- and as you said yourself, the italics led to some entertaining posts! (And to think I was considering sending in part of an opera one night!)

If anyone was curious, I chose which song I'd send in by choosing a title that somehow represented what I thought about the game so far.
-1st song- 'Let There Be More Light'. Isn't this what we all want at the start of a mafia game? For things to become more clear so that we can move forward?
-2nd song- 'Waiting in Vain'- we'd just gone two phases with no kills, and a lot of people were intent on lynching Phoenicks, which didn't happen.
-3rd song- 'Over the Rainbow'- as I said in PM, I was intending to vote RainbowSkittles. As quite a surprise, they were mod-killed the next morning.

Post-Game Stuff Part 1 - Honor Roll

War Room Mafia - June 5th 2011, 17 Players, 19085 Views
War Room Mafia 2: TWR vs. TRW - August 22nd 2011, 24 Players, 16746 Views
War Room Mafia 3: Final - November 13th 2011, 12 Players, 7356 Views

War Room Mafia BYOB - August 5th 2012, 24 Players, 29509 Views
War Room Party - October 23rd 2012, 18 Players, 10800 Views

War Room Mafia: Revelations - February 5th 2015, 16 Players, 17397 Views
(For previous games, View Counts were checked on Feb 26th.)

Wow, that is a large count for a small game imo.

Mafia games are fun stuff on the internet, yes, but seeing that sometimes I was so excited for a mafia game’s result to stay up hours in late night, I can’t deny that I devoted effort and thought into the War Room Mafia series. So there are some people I want to thank regarding these mafia games, inspiring me to continue the story.

First of all, War Room Mafia started as a parody of BMGf Mafia; after I became staff, I saw a neat scenario to create a mafia team out of the TWR staff (me, Nick, Rayne and Ryuu). So I first thank @Mijzelffan; , for inspiring me to start this chain of games. He also played in a good number of games in the series himself (1, 2, 4, 5) and have been always a fun and active player when he did.

I thank @Phoenicks; , who played in nearly all games (missed the 3rd game) and helped me to become better at hosting, and being open for chats about mafia game mechanics and new role ideas. Thanks for giving me confidence and being a good friend all around. Also, you hold the record for surviving and winning in the series, three times (1, 2, 4). Congratulations!

Third, there are also two members who were in 5 out of 6 games - @Pariah; (missed the 6th game) and @Parma; (missed the 5th game). Thanks for participating in many of my games. I miss you and I wish you all the best.

Finally, there have been a great number of those who played in WRM, be it once or more than once. I intended to create this great list of everyone who participated in at least one of the games, but with all the username changes...it’s too much effort. lazy Min is lazy Still I want to thank every one of you players, regardless of the number of WRM you played.

okay over-dramatic time over

Post-Game Stuff Part 2 - Roles

First of all, I intended to have no vanilla roles. It was not difficult to make a game of 17 roles with everyone having a unique role.

Second, for the Town, I based every role on a user that I never made a role PM out of before. There were many that deserved one by now, so no need to repeat a person.

Personal favorite roles were ‘Neonsands’, ‘Froakie’, ‘Leggo’, and ‘Kyriaki’.

‘Veterans’ - Mafia roles

None of the mafia roles were truly unique in this game. I didn’t want to upset the balance too badly by overpowering them but ironically, seems I weakened them too much.

Dear Midorikawa,

You are Master Mew.

First as a player: America's Next Top Model Mafia, September 2011
First as a host: The Salem Witch Trials, October 2011

Although your career as a staff member in The War Room was brief, you have consistently contributed to The War Room’s games both as a player and as an advisor. Away from the public’s interests, you also possess strong brainwaves and believe that the powers are too dangerous for the public to make use of. Hence you joined the Veterans and now you strive to protect the knowledge from becoming common.

Every Night phase, with your strong brainwaves, you can prevent a target from activating their actions and their abilities from being activated. Send in your action by nominating your target (Block: [target]) in your team’s QT or a PM directly to me. The blocking effect will last for the Night phase. You cannot the same player twice in a row.

You belong to the Veterans and win when your team equals the New Age in number.

'Master Mew’ was a typical roleblocker, an essential for the mafia side in my opinion. I initially intended to make the role block its target’s powers until the end of the upcoming Day. However, after I chose to emit a player, I let its effects last for the Night only. It’s the thing that I really regret now, and if I had a fancy chance of changing one thing, it’d be this.

Dear Denial,

You are Neonsands.

First as a player: Avatar: the Last Airbender Mafia, February 2011
First as a host: Scott Pilgrim VS The Mafia, July 2011

bestcontributorinthesit.png

Behind the mask as the Best Contributor in The Situation Room, you have enjoyed a safe life as a Veteran among the many people. All this was a ploy to prevent the users from becoming interested in the secret knowledge regarding the brainwaves. But now it’s too late for that. It’s time to drop the friendly guy disguise and get to business.

Actually scratch that. Let’s keep that disguise. The friendly guy disguise will help wonders here. Due to your contributions, you will be seen as belonging to New Age should someone check you.
Once during the game, in a Night phase, you can power up your team’s kill so that it pierces through protections that would have prevented the target from being killed. When you activate this (“Pierce kill: [target]”), you will be specifically in charge of carrying out the kill. Also, as killing a player cannot be translated into a friendly action no matter what; you will lose your innocent cover during the Night you activate this action.

You belong to the Veterans and win when your team equals the New Agein number.

I’d been actually dying to make a good role out of the user Neonsands to fit a story. His earning the title of Best Contributor was a great inspiration. Plus he’s known to be nice so naturally the choice was the godfather. As I said before, godfather roles that I made in WRM series tended to have really solid grounds of why I assigned them the role.
I’m not a fan of poor godfather roles becoming useless after cop dies, so I gave it the strongman kill. For balance it’d lose the town cover when it uses the strongman action. Also, when I host, I regard mafia’s nightly kills a group action that has the least priority, but in favor, cannot be tracked. However when this guy carries out the strongman kill, the role would be specifically in charge of the kill. Hence, prone to being tracked.

Dear HumanDawn,

You are Froakie.

First as a player: My Little Pony: Friendship is Mafia, August 2011
First as a host: Brockback Mafia, February 2012

Once a moderator of The War Room, you have avoided the prior clash between the Veterans and the New Age as you recharing your brainwaves for future use back then. Now you are prepared to assist the Veterans to protect the secret knowledge of using the brainwaves to create telekinetic spaces and potentially affect another’s thoughts.

You have a strong power to remove a player’s actions and abilities altogether. This can be done once during the game at any phase (“Remove powers: [target]”). If the target had both, both will be removed. The target will be told privately that they have lost their powers.
Unfortunate luck could have you killed before you make use of this action. When your action is unused, and if you are among the first two mafia players to be killed, the first two who have voted for you will automatically lose their powers. Also icing on the cake; their roles will not be revealed on death.

Froakie was a TWR mod before so I had to give her a role. I wanted to give mafia a role that would give them some room to bus a member if need be, just like ‘Freaksheet’ from the first WRM. (The role that was based on me, Doopliss is among my favorite villains in Paper Mario series.) A challenge was not to make the role too situational - which I was impressed with about the Witch King in LOTR. So I gave it both an action, and an ability; since the ability had tighter requirements, I gave the ability more merit. To give it easier control, I let it specifically target first two voters, rather than the original Freaksheet that would have removed powers of those that targeted the role.

Dear BlisseyandtheAquaJets,

You are Feliciano.

First as a player: Avatar: the Last Airbender Mafia, February 2011
First as a host: My Little Pony: Mafia is Magic, November 2012

Ryuutakeshi unfortunately was among the Veterans who lost in the previous clash against the New Age. Let’s get to work, to take revenge against the New Age who humiliated him and his allies.

You are armed with the power that he once had in virtual The War Room world; your votes on your teammates will automatically count as -1 rather than 1. Also you are armed with a one-use role check. You are able to earn information regarding a target’s role during a Night phase (“Check: [target]”). If the target has both an action and ability, you will earn information regarding ability only.

There was Music Mafia in which all four mafia players were all girls - me, Paperhorse, Kyriaki and Feliciano. It is a rare game for me to be mafia and actually survive to the end. (I’m better at hosting than playing any day.) I felt that I owe her, so I dedicated the mafia role to her. I wanted to give mafia some control in votes. Coincidentally the role Ryuutakeshi had such power in WRM1, so I gave this role the same power to reduce a teammate’s vote damage (a role that I invented, I at least believe so :3). At the same time, role checking power has become a staple for the mafia team so I gave this role a one-use role check.
A good note for future hosts who want to use that neat vote reducing effect; you might want to do something so that it’s less noticeable, like letting it reduce more votes by paying a price.

‘New Age’ - Town

Dear Crackfox,

You are Denial.

6k4OWEC.png

First as a player: Internet Mafia, August 2014

Don't be surprised, I've been watching mafia games time to time, and you've certainly played many games so I do need to make a role out of you.
As the newest recruited member of the team New Age, tedious work such as gathering information and searching for remaining Veterans on foot has been your thing. Ah, being a rookie can suck sometimes. However, your efforts are not fruitless; not only it helped the team, but you gained valuable experience.
Your powers here reflect your hard work; you have a very crucial power to analyze a player's brainwaves to see if they belong to your team, or if they are a Veteran. Every Night phase, you can look into a player's alignment ("Check: [target]").

You belong to the New Age and win when you get rid of all the Veterans. Good luck.

Dear Paperhorse,

You are Life.

First as a player: Super Paper Mario Mafia, June 2014

Ever since your first mafia game (which I thoroughly watched and all the players in it were fantastic), you have continued to participate in The War Room community and thus you made yourself a valuable member of the team New Age.
Although you are new, that does not mean weak; basic qualities are just as important. Plus, as a player who can protect a target from being killed by the mafia during Nights, you are a valuable asset. By indicating a target every Night phase (“Protect: [target]”), you can protect them from being killed. You can target yourself if you wish, but you cannot use the action on any one player in consecutive Nights.

You belong to the New Age and win when you get rid of all the Veterans. Good luck.

First I added the essentials - a cop (‘Denial’) and a doctor (‘Life’). Both are basic yet critical roles. It was based on this idea of mine that despite how new they are, they’ve been active here in the community so they deserve good roles. In case of Life, he had a good username to connect to the doctor role (doctors save lives, so...yeah).

Dear The_Pikachu,

You are Setra.

First as a player: Looney Tunes Mafia, April 2012
First as a host: FMAB Mafia, May 2012

Earning more information regarding how brainwaves could be utilized for mafia games would surely enhance how it’s played. Hence you, a former staff member of The War Room, joined the New Age in pursuit for more knowledge regarding the power.

Every Night phase, you can block a player from performing actions and also block their abilities from activating. At the same time, the target will be protected from being killed during the Night. Send in your action as “Lock: [target]”.
You cannot target yourself, and you cannot target any one player twice in a row.

You belong to the New Age and win when you get rid of all Veterans. Good luck.

For the Town side enjoying saving two targets from mafia’s kill, the Jailer (‘Setra’) would prevent the target from using actions and activating abilities. I wanted the jailer to be more careful using their powers so I wanted to hint that.

Dear Marius,

You are Leggo.

First as a player: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine The Mafia, June 2014

While you are a willing teammate for the New Age, if there’s something other members either anticipate or avoid when it comes to you, it’s your known tendency to couple users at the first chance. URGH NO DO NOT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT. Do not want.
Your usual personality is reflected when it comes to how you use your brainwaves. Twice during the game, by pairing two players, you can force two players to share vote damage, after all factors related to votes are accounted for. You can include yourself among the two if you wish. You must set the target during a Day phase, and the results will be reflected in the Day’s votes. Send the host a PM stating that you would like to use the action and whom you want to use the action on.

You belong to the New Age and you win when you get rid of all the Veterans. Good luck.

The vote-splitting Leggo role was something I came up with. I actually intended to give mafia some power that could affect lynches, but I discarded that since it seemed too strong. I initially gave ‘Leggo’ that their vote would act as a tiebreaker (hence able to lynch a player engaged in a tie), but discarded that idea. I didn’t want to discard the vote-splitting power entirely though, I wanted to see how it went. Plus, it actually took time for me to come up with a role to suit our Shipper. :p

Dear Life,

You are Neon Borealis.

First as a player: The Legend of Zelda:The Mafia, January 2012
First as a host: Bionicle Mask of Mafia, January 2013

You’ve wanted me to make a role out of you for some time. So alrighty, let’s see what I can do. Although you’ve been a BMGf user for quite some time, you’ve joined TWR community in relatively recent time so that makes you a New Age member.
Three time during the game, you can track a person to see if they used an action on someone (“Track: [target]”). While you will not see what action they exactly did, you will be able to clearly see who was targeted. However be careful; sneaking around on someone isn't a friendly type thing, and it doesn't help that you have been a forum member for a long time. So when you use this action, you’ll be suspected as a Veteran.

Tracker (‘Neon Borealis’) is able to see who was targeted. I wanted to give a homage to the user having a rather early Join Date (I was seriously surprised to notice it for the first time) so I added the effect of the role being seen as Mafia when using the action.

Dear Flop,

You are Stuntology.

First as a player: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Mafia, July 2012

Although you have joined the BMGf a long time ago, your first step into the region of The War Room was relatively recent. Time to time you enjoyed mafia games and joined in casual talks with the community.

Due to your join date, still many New Age members confuse you for a Veteran. Therefore, you will be seen as belonging to the Veterans when you are checked.
However, you enter the battle with a handy weapon; you will survive your first death from being lynched.

I wanted a separate Miller other than the Tracker. To give the Miller (‘Stuntology’) better chances to stand up against arguments, extra life was given. Classic nowadays.

Dear Leggo,

You are HumanDawn.

First as a player: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Mafia, July 2012
First as a host: Pokemon Best Wishes! Mafia, October 2012

A fierce mafia game player who leaves other players nervous in fear of being poked for information, you are not afraid to argue and take actions for survival.

Strong in debates, your strength grows depending on your situation in Day phase’s arguments. Depending on the number of players naming you as their suspect to be lynched, your vote’s strength increases.
1-2 players voting for you: Your vote equals 1
3-4 players voting for you: Your vote equals 1.5
5-7 players voting for you: Your vote equals 2
More than 7: Your vote equals 3

Dear Phoenicks,

You are FinalArcadia.

First as a player: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Mafia, May 2012
First as a host: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Mafia, July 2012

Along with Momoka and HilbertCressLover, you three sisters are known as the Fearsome Trio in the New Age. When it comes to teamwork, it is difficult to beat you three. You enter the battle as a representative.
Although you are the sole sister in this fight, your sisters are here in spirit. When you are facing votes, your sisters will send brainwaves to decrease the damage. Starting from the third vote placed on you, the votes’ damage will be halved.

You belong to the New Age and you win when you get rid of all the Veterans. Good luck.

I created two vote-related Town roles. One more of offensive, and the other more of defensive. Hence ‘HumanDawn’ had votes that would power up, and ‘FinalArcadia’ received less damage from votes.
I do regret that I weakened the former too much. It should have had potential to be more decisive.

Dear Rabbit,

You are Psycho Pacifist.

First as a player: Gundam SEED Mafia, May 2014

Many remember you as Forgotten; an active member of The War Room who is not afraid to engage in discussions for the goal of victory. Your dedication to the New Age is no different.
When you judge that the situation could help an elongated phase, you can take action. You have the power to extend a phase for additional 24 hours - be it a Day phase or a Night phase. Simply send me a PM when you want to use the power. When you use the power, any actions that were sent in will be canceled, and the phase will be extended. When a phase is extended due to your action, it will be announced in the thread that it was a player's doing (nothing new, so that player know that it clearly was not due to my real life stuff).

Initially the phase changer ‘Psycho Pacifist’ was passive (effects activating on death). I made the power an action after I reduced the game size to 16 players.

Dear Soulmaster,

You are Midorikawa.

First as a player: The Battle of the Test Tube, July 2012
First as a host: Black Dagger Brotherhood Mafia, January 2013

As an active user in The War Room, both participating in games and also casually hanging out with other users of the community, you are a valuable asset of the New Age. You are willing to assist the team when it comes to benefiting the community, seeking knowledge of the secret powers of the brainwaves. You are not afraid to speak up and share your advice to others.

When you have an intuition or an idea you’d like to share yet you do not want attention from the Veterans, your powers are of prefect use. You have a power to post public messages without revealing your identity. Your reports will be posted along with the update anonymously after they are sent to the host. You can write three reports, and there are no limits regarding what to put in them as long as the contents do not violate the rules. Your reports will be always wrapped in Quote Boxes.

To give the Town some room of communicating in the public thread without showing themselves, I chose to add the Reporter (‘Midorikawa’). I think I should have given this role a twist too. Maybe I should have given some actions, like one-use check and a one-use tracking. It’s sad that I only thought of this later. It wouldn’t have been even original since it’s been done before. Then there would have been more room to power up the mafia team overall.

Dear RainbowSkittles,

You are Crackfox.

First as a player: Skullgirls Mafia, August 2012
First as a host: IT Crowd Mafia, October 2012

One of the newer moderators of The War Room, you have desired for more information regarding the brainwaves for the better causes. You have joined the New Age and here you are, ready to protect your teammates and learn knowledge of the brainwaves from the Veterans.

As a moderator you are able to restore a dead New Age player's status, even if temporarily. Once during the game, be it Day or Night, you can revive a dead confirmed Town player. Be careful, the revived player will lack the power to contact anyone privately. Otherwise, they are nearly as good as new; they will retain the powers they had prior to death, they will count when it comes to numbers and their vote will also count. They are completely free to speak in the public thread.
Don’t worry about notifying players; the host will announce that the revived player cannot be contacted privately or contact others privately.

I added a Reviver (‘Crackfox’), but I did NOT want a town massclaim in a small game like this so hence I limited the revived person from using private communications. So I think there would have been the factor, to revive a person not only for their role power, but to consider if they had any information that could have been lost with their death.

Dear Stuntology,

You are Kyriaki.

Klavier_Gavin_Young_Objection_OA.png

First as a player: War Room Mafia BYOB, August 2012
First as a host: Pokemon GSC - HGSS Style Mafia, September 2012

Ever since you started to play mafia games one day in 2012, you have actively hosted many games – mainly Pokemon related themes – and also played in many mafia games varying in themes. It’s very difficult for the New Age to function without such active user.

As indicated in your active participation in Bulbagarden Idol, you like singing and have a deep interest in music. Three times during the game, you can send a song to the host. There will be random effects that will be announced in the thread when activated depending on what song you choose.
You can submit a song at any Night phase, once per Night. You can send the song either as a title and artist submission, or you can provide a link to the source (like a link to a YouTube video). It must be sent privately; posting in the thread will have no effect. If you happen to choose a song that’s either fan-made or remake, it’s best to provide a direct link to that source to eliminate any chances of the host mistaking the song. One song cannot be used twice.

I liked the Dreaming God role in LOTR Mafia, so I made one for this game based on my irl friend Kyriaki. Some randomness can change a game’s pace after all.

The 17th role I emitted from the game for easier start was ‘Beck’ who was unaffected by role action/ability sans the mafia’s nightly kill. Preferring to keep actions and since I didn’t want to discourage town from coordinating actions too much, I discarded the role to make it a 16-player game. Having a Miller, one potential Miller and a Godfather running around was enough.

Post-Game Stuff 3 - Ratings

Your full score will depend on the number of phases you survived. (Before and for Night 2, full score will be 4.)
Regarding comments, +/- is obvious. ~ is for comments in which I don’t feel confident to make it a negative, like I’m feeling that you didn’t have many choices at that time.

If you’re satisfied with ratings, then good! If you are not, there are plenty of future mafia games to improve in. And my judgement is my own and my views are far from absolute, so take the advice with a grain of salt.

MAFIA

BlisseyandtheAquaJets

+Active
+Used both the action and the ability
~ Seemed indecisive when it came to using action, Stuntology wasn’t a good target imo
- Trusted claims too much
- Poor teamwork
- Indecisiveness

You subbed in for the game and your activity was superb. However your gameplay seemed poor overall, mainly due to lack of coordination with your teammates and indecisiveness that had you use your power too late. Also basics of mafia, don’t trust players quickly. Town players can lie too after all.
Regarding the vote ability used on HumanDawn twice, I’m not making that a negative. I am aware that you didn’t have many choices and you were trying to save a teammate which was a natural thing to do.
Score: 7/11

Denial

+Active
+ Fakeclaim seemed good, it was a claim that would discourage players from forcing you to prove it
- Didn’t catch attention to be checked
- Used the pierce kill late, letting information spread out among Town players
- Poor coordination with other teammates in the start

Out of the four mafia players, if there is anyone that NEEDS to be checked by the cop and hopefully earn their trust quickly, it was you. However, the cop checked all but you; your ability was wasted. Your play with teammates was poor in the beginning, big mistake is your post in Night 1, regardless of flavor text mattering or not (even if it matters, you don’t mention it and give teammates unwanted attention). When your team needed that one player killed, you didn’t use your strongman kill and it ended up making Paperhorse live longer than she should have.
There was that moment when your poor defense nearly got you, but I won’t consider it since it took me explanation to understand that myself, to be honest.
Score: 16/19

HumanDawn

+Active
+ Being checked was a case of bad luck but actually I’ll give it a plus. Given your role, it works better actually.
+ Defended well, proven by the fact that you survived much longer despite being checked
- Used the power removing action on a player who was best killed
~ ...and the player was chosen to be killed later

Simply, you misused your role. Your role is meant to take a hit for your team and give the town some unexpected damage. You were checked, which was good, but you played defensively, discouraging players from lynching you. It would have been much better to kill Nick instead (as already proved, lynching him seemed too difficult). Like the previous two, you trusted claims too much. However you managed to survive for a long time despite being checked for the first time, be it luck or effort (rather than giving up). It earned a lot of time for your team.
Score: 8/9

Midorikawa

+Active
+ Used role actively
~ Arguing with HumanDawn seemed like a good cover to prevent being seen as a team imo. You were checked due to the attention received, but I’ll leave this a ~ comment.

You were active and you used your role well. You played well to avoid most of the suspicions while debating actively. Shame that you didn’t live long, but that 0.5 vote difference wasn’t something you could control directly and you and your teammates did what they could.
Score: 5/5

Overall Mafia: 36/44 (~82%)

Mafia team can easily fall like flies the moment one member is killed, so it’s important to coordinate actions and info so that members can avoid receiving suspicion at once.
You were all active, and actually, you started the game well. Initial bad luck (cop checking two of you consecutively) and poor decisions at key points cost you the win in the long run. If you had a better control of the Town players, being aware that they could not trust you with their actual thoughts and ideas, then you would have had better progress.

TOWN

Crackfox

+Active
+Used role every Night
+...and checked three out of four mafia, even sans the godfather
+Coordinated actions with key players well
+Avoided the mafia’s suspicions as a town power role

You had good judgement as a cop, and you did well in sharing information with those that needed it. Given how long you survived, and how you handled the unusual situation of getting straight mafia checks, it’s hard to find a negative in your game play. The slight flaw is your suspecting Phoenicks in the mid of the game. You did turn your suspicions around after more information was given which was good. Besides the suspicions didn’t stop you from talking to players and earning information.
Score: 11/12

Flop

+Somewhat active
+Claimed miller early, naturally a good move
+Didn’t claim the extra life, good move
~Jumped to conclusions in early game

Claiming miller was a good move, preventing the cop from wasting their check. The thing about your extra life hurt your play - not claiming it before you are killed is a good move in general imo, don’t worry.
Do read your role PMs carefully in mafia games. Sometimes role PMs even hint actual effects in their flavor text so they can’t be taken lightly. Having an extra life as a townie would require being active with bold game play, and hopefully get attention from the mafia so that town would retain numbers especially in later stages in my opinion.
During the mid phases you joined easy conclusions, but strategy got better, and you were attentive to details like vote counts and tried to use as much info as possible.
Score: 11/15

Leggo

+Active, both before and after revival
+Careful not to engage in private convo
+Good judgement, trusted the right people especially after being revived

First Day had you lynched unfortunately, and I was worried that you might be not up to the initial activity after being revived. Instead you turned those expectations away and kept a very good level of activity, as in engaging in discussions and giving opinions on the information you saw in the thread. Especially after being revived, you trusted the right people when voting so feel proud with your score. About your ability usage, it simply was too weak to be utilized so don’t worry about that.
Score: 13/14

Life

+Active
+Used action with good reason (at players suspected)

You were killed early so it’s hard to judge, but one thing is clear, your suspicions were of your own rather than joining bandwagons. You were careful sharing information privately and your decisions regarding suspicions and votes were good.
Score: 4/4

Marius

+Active
+Used action
+Coordinated information with other players

You were active and had discussions going in the public thread. Regardless of whether your action was useful or not (that’s not your part, it’s mine as the host), you did use it and prevented a townie lynch so I’ll make that a plus here. If you remained, you could have given the cop an easier time sharing checks in my opinion.
Score: 3/4

Paperhorse

+Active
+Used action every Night on good targets
+Shared information with the right players
-Got the attention of the mafia quickly

Your play as the doctor was excellent, choosing the right targets. Your being killed was due to the strongman kill so it was beyond your control. Your votes and arguments were solid and you were able to earn the trust of the town to earn information. The fact that you got the attention of the mafia early hurt your role as the doctor. Other than the death due to that, your play was great and the town was able to progress with the information you left to the key players.
Score: 9/10

Phoenicks

+Active
+Good judgement
+Used the ability to his advantage

Frankly I was first worried about your initial posts (that you wouldn’t be active) but seeing your posts, you were a good player as always. Despite your role having one passive power, you used that to your advantage. Damn, you literally even saved yourself once and placed the decisive vote lynching the first mafia player so I can’t give a minus on your score sheet.
Score: 8/8

Rabbit

+Active
+Good defense to being voted
~Caught attention from the mafia due to active private conversations
~Most suspicions ended up being Town players

You were active in the public thread, tried hard to poke players into conversations, and successfully defended from being voted. Just to let you know though, the reason you were killed in Night 1 was due to the fact that you were engaged in many private conversations. Your suspicions were mostly aimed at Town players but it’s Day 1 after all.
Score: 3/4

RainbowSkittles

+Active
+Used action successfully
-Trusted the wrong players at wrong timing
-Didn’t use information properly

If you are playing a mafia game, be more focused. When decisions need to be made, you need to play a part. As a nearly confirmed townie, you should have played a central role in sharing information and/or coordinating actions with other townies. Despite the cop having claimed to you, you trusted another claiming the same role which was a bad mistake. Your posts had the townies confused rather than help them direct their suspicions elsewhere.
Score: 4/12

Soulmaster

~Relatively ‘somewhat’ level of activity (irl stuff considered)
+Used reports to reveal cop checks
-Seemingly rushed judgement up to mid stage
+Better judgement in later stages, using proper info

Honestly even with irl stuff considered I wished that your activity would be better. In the early to mid stages your judgment wasn’t good, especially regarding suspicions on Phoenicks.
Your play improved later on; crucially, you used your reports very effectively like a reporter should have. In the later stages you coordinated information with other townies well. You claimed in the open at a right timing, earning trust at a crucial moment as you were protected in the perfect timing from being killed in Night 8.
So the final line, excellent work, you played a crucial role in lynching two mafia players and helping the cop survive longer.
Score: 17/19

Stuntology

+Consistent activity
+Used actions to prove own role, good
-Seemingly rushed judgement up to mid stage
+Better judgement in later stages, using proper info

You might not have been ‘loudly’ active but you maintained a consistent activity so I have no complaints there. You used your role well, claiming to the right player and proving your role as a result. (Don’t worry about the effects themselves because I meant them not to be beneficial to one particular party as a Dreaming God role.)
When it came to voting and suspicions, your decisions might not have been best up to mid stage of the game, but in the later stages, your judgement grew better. Trusting Denial for having a QT with a mafia player was a poor reason though, they’re just a form of private conversations and they can be faked if needed (trust me, it has happened to unbelievable forms before, like a person posting for another iirc).
Anyhow, good work surviving to the end, you weren’t lynched - if you were, likely the mafia would have won.
Score: 16/19

The_Pikachu

+Active
+Used action nearly every Night
+Targeted players for good reason, especially when it came to protecting purposes
~Trusted some players too early but when it came to information, was more careful

You played effectively as a Jailer, targeting the right players depending on if you wanted to block them or protect them. You also played a key role coordinating actions with the cop. You did trust your role’s information too early in game, letting mafia know of your role too soon. But on the contrary, when it came to sharing information you got from others, and about who you targeted, you were more careful talking about such topics and had mafia trusting you when you were lying. Your last phases were a weak point but in the end you chose the right players to vote for overall.
Score: 17/19

Overall Town: 116/140 (~82%)

Honestly luck was in your favor, with the cop having checked two mafia players straight in Night 1 and 2, many of your roles being confirmed quickly (including a successful revival), and mafia having had a poor team coordination overall. The first mafia player being lynched was more of luck, thanks to a tie-breaking vote from one Townie.
After the first mafia player was lynched, your overall game play improved greatly and you started to coordinate actions better. However it seems that the information was either not shared thoroughly or simply forgotten, ending up in a near-tie situation in the last Day.
What I think had you winning was that you made the right decisions at some critical points in contrast to the mafia. Also due to good coordination between key players, you saved a lot of time by protecting the mafia’s night kill targets twice (consider that two of your players were modkilled). Having information spread with the town overall, rather than having a group of leaders, would have improved your play even more.

~~~

So that is all of the post-game content. Don't let the ratings discourage you from play; different situations require different decisions and strategies so my opinions are never the always correct answer. Plus I am not that strong of a player, watch me get horrible ratings at a mafia game sometime

Last edited:

Thanks for the mention! I might've joined this game if it hadn't already filled up completely before I even realised it was going on.

Nobody is supposed to know my evil ways! How did you find out? :p

Thanks for making me such a cool role!

Great game. Very glad town won! It was a very close call.

Thanks for hosting Mintaka : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom