• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia: Revelations - Live Life - NEW AGE (TOWN) WINS - Ratings&Etc stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 2 Enjoy Valentine's with some rock music 2015-0

(I guess we are in the closing statements of our little argument now?)

*ahem* Ladies and gentlemen and gentlescum of the jury, *Slowly walks back and forth with my hands behind my back* Before I start, I just want to say that Phoenicks has STILL not explained that so called "random" vote which is one of the main reasons as to why I voted him. He is a man in trouble. A man of mystery. A man who is trying to turn his accuser against the town. and I will not stand for it. Apparently this is unlike him to just vote for no reason. He tried to bring more attention to @Marius; after he voted her by saying she "overreacted" which I think it's clear that she was just caught off guard as I'm sure a lot of us would be if this happened to us instead of Marius. I truly believe he tried to confuse the town and shake up the thread (which hasn't helped the town in even the slightest bit.) He's not even willing to give Marius a chance in proving her role.

Folks
Denial has suggested that he's unwilling to lynch Marius today. When pressed, his answer is that he's willing to lynch Marius depending on a cop result. This is not townhunting. This is not town.

For the last time. I think we should know for sure that someone with a provable role (and with such a role as vote splitter) is town or not before we lynch them. And as I also said, it's not like if she does come up town then I'm willing to never vote her. I will be willing to lynch her if a incredible amount of evidence is held against her. But that's not the case as of right now.

When you said plan I didn't think you meant her choice to use her role. You should have been more specific. I thought you were talking about the whole argument with you voting Marius and then Marius "overreacting" and the wagon against you as a whole.

I specifically said I was against Marius using her role. You responded to that exact quote and suggested it was scummy. I don't believe that your confusion is genuine.

I know you're not going to believe this but I honestly thought that you meant the wagon against you. Like I said, you should have been more specific.
For the grand charges of having weak opinions under scrutiny, abandoning positions when challenged, contradictory reads on Marius, waiting for cop checks before taking opinions, jaywalking, and the like, I:

Vote: Denial

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll have you know that I'm innocent...And that I have never...jaywalked

*Slowly turns around and sits back in seat*

Last edited:
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 2 Enjoy Valentine's with some rock music 2015-0

He's not even willing to give Marius a chance in proving her role.

:spin:

Ahahah. I said it was a bad idea for her to use her role, not that I don't want her to prove it.

He's not even willing to give Marius a chance in proving her role.

:spin:

Ahahah. I said it was a bad idea for her to use her role, not that I don't want her to prove it.

Yeah I know. That was basically for dramatic effect lol.

Pheonicks, I apologize....I seem to have read that series of pages wrong...I got you confused with someone else...

FoS:Soulmaster

Vote:Soulmaster

Inactive, uninformative, and therefore Scummy...

I would like to know how being inactive=scum. I can agree that it does not actively help the town, but it doesn't overly hurt it either. Last I checked if all of the inactives were to die, than the mafia would be closer to winning. This is just a problem I have overall.

And also, why me and not Parma? Parma has been even more inactive than me.

Sorry, I guess I'm having trouble finding this. But what is the main case against Marius?

My point from last post still stands. I find Nick the best bet right now. Vote: Pheonicks

Current vote count

Phoenicks 5 (Crackfox, Denial, Soulmaster, Flop, Stuntology)
Marius 3 (HumanDawn, Midorikawa, The_Pikachu)
Soulmaster 1 (BlisseyandtheAquaJets)
Denial 1 (Phoenicks)

If you notice an error, don't hesitate to point it out.

Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - NIGHT 1 Time for actions! (2015-02-13)

I don't know much about how the damage is shared- my role PM wasn't too specific and I'm not allowed to quote from it. I just know that I send in two targets and they split damage.

I didn't use it day one.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it would show in the tally.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I also have a limited number of shots.

Sure. I'll use it on me and Pheonicks, but I think that it'll result in a no lynch because we'd be tied. Just so you know.

Um didn't you say that you didn't know how the damage was split? Did you ask and find out? If so why didn't you share with us? Why not tell us how many shots you have? You sure are hiding a lot about your role that you apparently knew so little about.

EDIT: Almost forgot. I'm starting to doubt at this point that Phoenicks and Mairus are the same side, and I think that with the way Denial is defending Marius and attacking Phoenicks, that him and Marius are a scum team. However if Marius comes up town I think we should look into lynching Phoenicks. If Marius is town, that does not clear Denial as he could be mafia defending town of course.

Vote: Marius

This is the decision I've come to. Marius' proveable role doesn't mean anything to me, to be honest. A vote splitter could belong to either faction, and thus does not really change my read on her. That said, I do find her scummier than Phoenicks, to be honest.

She seemed kind of wish-washy in regards to RS. She was very surprised by his actions, but quickly dismissed the case against him when Midori said it was his play style. This is my first game with her, so I don't really know if this is typical behavior for her or not, but this combined with me feeling that her lynch will yield more information than lynching Phoenicks is why I'm voting her.

I also don't think Phoenicks has done anything particularly scummy enough for me to vote him. So yeah.

Also, I will unfortunately be going out of town tomorrow and probably won't get around to making another post until tomorrow night. Just an FYI.

If I'm understanding Marius' role right, is she going to tell us who she's 'additionally' voting this phase before it's over- maybe proving her role? If not, then I could see voting for her instead (correct me if she's notified somebody privately already, but that'd be really suspicious).

Why I'm still voting Phoenicks is because, unlike Marius, he hasn't given us any indication as to what his role could be (even if knowing Marius' doesn't necessarily help with knowing her alignment). So I'm not nearly as hesitant to vote him.

And if we do lynch Phoenicks and he turns up town, I also think Denial would be the best bet for tomorrow. It seems that he's got some additional information that he's not sharing with us.

@Stuntology; Could you explain the case on Phoenicks, because other than him being arrogant for lack of a better word, I don't see what he's done that is particularly scummy other than that vote, and annoyingly not explaining why. However at this point it seems he did that for reactions. So what is the case on him?

Phoenicks is too much of a closed book in this game. It took the thread to bandwagon him for him to speak up and when I asked for his thoughts/reads on people he responded by saying I 'was probably town'. No reasons given and he ignored me when I asked him for it. Way too evasive for my liking. I personally think there's more to be gained from finding out his alliance than there is for Marius (well for me anyway xD)

You say that like as if he never responded to anything before... He didn't give a reason but I thought it was obvious that it was because of that comment about moving forward. I think there's more to be gained from a Marius lynch, I think we could benefit more considering how the wagon on Phoenicks ended up being built, plus, if Marius is Mafia with the role it would be better remove what could be such a threat considering how anti-Town her role could be. Plus does nobody find it strange how Marius doesn't even know how her vote splitter even works??

I would like to know how being inactive=scum. I can agree that it does not actively help the town, but it doesn't overly hurt it either. Last I checked if all of the inactives were to die, than the mafia would be closer to winning. This is just a problem I have overall.

He said it was scummy, not that you were scum... There's a distinction. I think it does hurt the Town because less activity could lead to disinterest and less debates and discussions, so it's good for the Town to always give its opinions and, well, participate, something the Mafia would want to discourage. Woah, what? What do you mean that if all of the inactives were to die the Mafia would be closer to winning? Are you saying you think the less active people are Town?

And also, why me and not Parma? Parma has been even more inactive than me.

Parma made one more post than you though, I think?

Sorry, I guess I'm having trouble finding this. But what is the main case against Marius?

Every time she's confronted she backs off and undermines what she felt before, she has an anti-Town role, and when votes start piling up on her everybody is super defensive of her saying it was normal and a fast counterbandwagon on Phoenicks starts with barely any good reasoning, if any.

My point from last post still stands. I find Nick the best bet right now. Vote: Pheonicks

How does the unlikeness make him more likely to be Mafia? He's said more things now, and I think he what he denied has merit.

LOCKED.
Hang on tight for the update. I'm afk at the moment so enjoy a cup of tea while you wait.

Sorry for the late update. Last thing I wanted to see happening is messing up badly in an update where there's so much going on. You'll see.
So first of all, before the actual update -

Paperhorse is subbing in for Parma. She'll confirm in the thread soon that she got her role.

V mention spam

----

VOTE COUNT

Marius 4.25
Phoenicks 4.25

Denial 1
Soulmaster 1
Paperhorse 1 (in place for Parma)
RainbowSkittles 1

----

"If I prove what my power is, I can be trusted right? Let's do this!"
"What does that have to do with alignment? Provable roles aren't only given to town in a mafia game! Naturally so who knows if Veterans have such powers here!"

We could sum up the main argument for this long day with two sentences.
The heat from the debates could beat the loudspeakers any day.

A decision seems to have reached, at one corner.
"Ack, you guys poke at me no matter what I do!"
"You there, who looks like Phoenicks, maybe you're a Veteran just like the person you look like now!"

However, just as feisty was the other corner.
"No, I'm sticking with voting for Marius!"

H77R91a.gif

"I say we Lynch Marius!"
"No, lynch Phoenicks!"

"Ow, stop using your brainwaves against me!"

Players awaited for the conclusion...who would the person be behind the Phoenicks disguise.
Just when players expected to see the true identity revealed...

"...why is this taking so long?"

Even Phoenicks - whatever, I'm just using usernames - seemed relaxed. The brainwaves...weren't damaging him.

tumblr_inline_mr4caanjMM1qz4rgp.gif

"What? What's with the lynch?"
"Why is this guy not being kicked out?"

The usual bluish static that surrounded the previous unfortunate lynch victim...disappeared from Phoenicks.

Players waited...but the reality zone didn't reply.

"So...this is it?"

It turned out...no.
Suddenly someone was running toward the gang.

"Hey guys! Somehow...I'm back!!!"

Players turned to the direction of the voice.

The person was... @Leggo; !

"Wait, now what?"
"Simply, I'm back. To be frank I'm at a loss of what's going on here now, haha, with my memories messed up. But here I am, I'm back."
"...you don't look well though."
"Yeah...I don't think my brainwaves are as strong as before. I don't think I can reach out to anyone without being heard like I was able to do with brainwaves."
"Great, so all you can do here is speak in the open."

The exhausting Day phase ended. Players could see the sky turn into late evening colors.

---

NO ONE WAS LYNCHED.

Paperhorse subbed in for Parma.

Leggo was revived.
Leggo cannot use private communications of any form (other than contacting the host), and players cannot contact her privately (be it IMs, QT, anything). Beware!

IT IS NIGHT 2. THIS PHASE WILL END AT 11 PM, FEB 17TH GMT +9.

Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - NIGHT 2 Remains of the day 2015-02-16

Well, I'm not pleased.
A no lynch is the worst thing that could have happened to the town. Either lynch would've given more information, and I think for this reason I will be more supportive of a Marius lynch tomorrow. There are ways of saving yourself, @Marius; that don't involve a no lynch.

Also, welcome @Paperhorse; and welcome back @Leggo; any thoughts on the game yet?

Welcome back Leggo! And hey Paperhorse! Can @Leggo; vote?

Well, I'm not pleased.
A no lynch is the worst thing that could have happened to the town. Either lynch would've given more information, and I think for this reason I will be more supportive of a Marius lynch tomorrow. There are ways of saving yourself, @Marius; that don't involve a no lynch.

I'm not exactly sure if scum Marius would use her role to save both herself and Phoenicks... Unless they're both Mafia or she wanted to sound Town?

Marius requested to be subbed out. She'll be replaced soon and I'll announce it as usual.

That was a waste of time >.>

Welcome back Leggo and yay! Paperhorse :D

This morning, I woke up and decided to browse BMGf on mobile and was surprised about the revival.

I'm posting this now since I had to go to school today even though it's President's Day in the US.

dat is it I'm writing a second death scene for u
and I expect you to write my name the proper way on the blackboard thirty times before you leave the class today
I did a thing that I was going to wait 'til endgame to do. [warning: huge image due to good resolution]
much progress, yes. i flubbed because i was writing in pen. i looked up hangul stroke order

Also, I was craving coffee, so have a song.

I'm glad to be back. Thank you guys for welcoming back. :D
Yes and I even get to keep my role which is useless now, imo, since everyone knows about it.

So, I'm basically vanilla who is not able to do private communication right now.
welcome back @Leggo; any thoughts on the game yet?
If I'm counting right, Phoenicks had the leading vote of 5 and Marius had 4, but since Marius proved her role, the vote was split.

I understand the circumstances why Marius did what she did, but I don't like the fact that Phoenicks stayed alive as a result since he voting Marius did not sit well with Rabbit and me and keeping Phoenicks alive won't help with suspicions that he might be mafioso which will delay town in the progress.
If he is town, then he's not helping much unless he's trying to look scummy to make the mafia keep him alive, so maybe he's a PR or something special, idk.

With this:
I can interpret this as Phoenicks, like me, does not want a no lynch to happen because:
  • he's actually town and wants this day phase to be productive and not wasted
  • he's mafia and he just wants to get rid of townies, so no mislynches means that the mafia has to make successful NK's

Though, since Phoenicks didn't mention some kind of exception concerning him as he did get the leading vote, I'm willing to think that he could be town if he's okay with getting lynched if this means that town can reassess their views on him if he flips town.

Due to how Marius reacted to his random vote, I think that Phoenicks and Marius are not affiliated, so if:
  • Marius flipped mafia, Phoenicks would be town.
  • Phoenicks flipped town, Marius is mafia
    or
  • Phoenicks and Marius are just so happen to be both townies

Though, the way how Denial is defending Marius, if Marius/sub flips mafia, Denial might follow suit as some have pointed out already.
I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I also have a limited number of shots.
So apparently, Marius can vote split more than once. Maybe three times or so. Three is usually the magical number.
Rabbit and I had a private conversation, and I believe she was killed because she contacted someone else about lynching Phoenicks or something of the sort. I was going to post this earlier but Rabbit told me not to.
Actually, Rabbit was the only one I privately contacted with and he was the one who initiated the contact. I think he trusted me enough to talk with me on Skype.

Here's my Skype conversation with Rabbit if you guys are curious:
[2/12/15, 9:02:23 PM] Ben: So, Phoenicks is acting strange. What do you think?
[2/12/15, 9:02:38 PM] Jacqueline: I think he might be testing Marius a bit.
[2/12/15, 9:02:59 PM] Ben: More than she already was?
[2/12/15, 9:03:27 PM] Jacqueline: Also, he might be busy since his activity was weird near the end of DR Mafia: WR.
[2/12/15, 9:04:16 PM] Jacqueline: Though, it's possible that he might have done that out of bandwagon's sake.
[2/12/15, 9:08:35 PM] Ben: He is busy, I hear. That doesn't excuse his just throwing out a seemingly random and pointless vote. If he had nothing to add/no time to say more, why not wait 'til he does?

What bandwagon? If he wanted to bandwagon, there were better choices. Furthermore, it's kinda hard to start a bandwagon by just throwing out a vote without context or reason.
[2/12/15, 9:09:29 PM] Jacqueline: True.

Yeah, he could have joined the Leggo bandwagon train.
[2/12/15, 9:09:39 PM] Jacqueline: Then, I can have 2x votes!
[2/12/15, 9:11:25 PM] Ben: To get to the point, I do trust your claim, and am willing to start a counterwagon, but only if I know there are enough people on board to do it. (Doesn't look like that will happen, however.) Are you?
[2/12/15, 9:12:08 PM] Jacqueline: I'm willing to. I want to make my voting useful.
[2/12/15, 9:13:44 PM] Ben: I'll see if I can get anyone else, then.
[2/12/15, 9:30:24 PM] Ben: Doesn't seem like it'll happen.
[2/12/15, 9:30:38 PM] Jacqueline: Oh well.
[2/12/15, 9:30:55 PM] Jacqueline: Who were you trying to counterwagon with, may I ask?
[2/12/15, 9:31:59 PM] Ben: Pretty much anyone that's on now. I got a no from Soulmaster and the others are still pending.
[2/12/15, 9:32:19 PM] Jacqueline: I see.
Oh wow, will it become a running gag in these kind of games where a player lynches the player with the Role PM based on them on Day 1? Even voting them first? I've also gotten such a fitting, honest and accurate Role PM that truly captures the kind of player I am... Thanks Mintaka... though, how am I a New Age player?? My first game was a bit over 2 and a half years ago. How old would the Veterans be then? 2010-2011 players??
More logic to ship you and Mijz
It's a shame about the Town mislynch, but hopefully it helps make the game more active and help produce better reads. I wonder if Leggo didn't respond to my vote because she wanted people to say they suspected her so she'd have her vote become stronger?
I think at the time, I thought I only acknowledged the reason why there was concern for my neutrality for the reason for my lynch.

Though, I should have noticed that my paranoia of HD being mafia, my doubts of simple math, and my nervousness for my exam (that I didn't do too pretty on) were also factors for my own demise.
So we had a no lynch? and we gain two(one due to me)the other a standard sub Day 3 should be very interesting
Are you admitting that you're the one responsible for reviving me? Why state this publicly? The mafia might go for you next. D:

Confirming! Please give me a while to catch up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom