• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia: Revelations - Live Life - NEW AGE (TOWN) WINS - Ratings&Etc stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 3 You get what you asked for 2015-02-17

I noticed that there was no dreaming god side effect for this phase. Maybe what caused the effect last day phase wasn't even a result of a dreaming god but it still makes you think.

Not voting until I hear from @Phoenicks;

Why the bandwagon?

This morning, I woke up and decided to browse BMGf on mobile and was surprised about the revival.

My Role PM is too beautiful to stay dead...

I think at the time, I thought I only acknowledged the reason why there was concern for my neutrality for the reason for my lynch.

Is it true you didn't respond to me because you wanted to look more suspicious? Rabbit told me this:

[13/02/2015 20:52:29 | Edited 20:52:43] Ben: *Applauds*
[13/02/2015 20:55:06] Ben: Oh, and Leggo didn't respond to your vote because of her role.
[13/02/2015 20:55:17] Ruben G: oh did she say that
[13/02/2015 20:55:32] Ben: She did.

I thought that was a bad idea since it's a risky move in itself to try gain more suspicion in Day 1 when there was hardly anyone else to vote. It didn't matter though since I had a shift for all day on Tuesday. This 3PM update time for me is really detrimental in busy weekdays.

I actually theorized RainbowSkittles might have been the one that revived Leggo since Rabbit was a much better choice with his role, as well as privately contacting many people. Maybe he thought Leggo's role would still work?

The Marius modkill isn't without its merits as it least gives us some information, although I don't like how apparently Marius being Town apparently meant that Phoenicks is automatically (most likely) Mafia.

Could somebody post a case on Phoenicks with each of the posts found to be suspicious? I suspect there to already be scum in the wagon with how fast and easy it built up, unless there's an alliance amongst the people in the wagon and an informative role already allied with somebody checked Phoenicks and it revealed something incriminating? That would explain the lack of reasoning.

I'm going to; VOTE: Soulmaster, because of his comment "Last I checked if all of the inactives were to die, than the mafia would be closer to winning." which implies the inactives are all Town from the last time he "checked" something. If he were Mafia and checked who his teammates are who weren't inactives, it's one way his comment would make sense.
@BlisseyandtheAquaJets;

Any reads?

I have read through the thread, and Phoenicks seems like he's trying to garner attention for no good reason...

My read is on Soulmaster for the same line quoted above(it being directed at me notwithstanding).

I will not vote until @Soulmaster; speaks up, or @Phoenicks; defends himself, for better or for worse...

Why the bandwagon?
Did you read through the mafia? If you have read through and been keeping up then you should see why we're voting him. Many reasons have been given.

Would you restate them please? I see a lot of references to yesterday when I thought is addressed things yesterday. 7 votes is a large bandwagon when the case seems to be that I'm uncooperative. When I'm generally an uncooperative player.

Ok. I know I shouldn't be interrupting the game like this. But I want to say Thank you Min. I finally had a role based on me. And the day title. Genious.

Anyways. Enough of that. Sorry for interrupting.

*Goes back to sitting while munching popcorn*

Why the bandwagon?
Did you read through the mafia? If you have read through and been keeping up then you should see why we're voting him. Many reasons have been given.

@Paperhorse; It's more of the fact that he was constantly questioned and has been ignoring those questions and not answering people. And yet he'll get on others cases for not answering him, so he's being hypocritical.

VOTE: Phoenicks

I said I doubt right now that Phoenicks and Marius are of the same alignment and since Marius was town. Plus I really don't like ignored questions or vagueness. It's never helpful to the town and only hurts it.

Is this it? I want to be sure before I respond again, because I thought I covered these yesterday.

I'm going to; VOTE: Soulmaster, because of his comment "Last I checked if all of the inactives were to die, than the mafia would be closer to winning." which implies the inactives are all Town from the last time he "checked" something. If he were Mafia and checked who his teammates are who weren't inactives, it's one way his comment would make sense.

Really? That is your rebuttal for my post? That is stretching what I said a lot. Ever heard of theoretical posts? I can agree that is one way of looking at it, but by no means the first way.

Also, @BlisseyandtheAquaJets; Why are you going after me in particular? Ever since your first post, you have seemed intent on lynching me.

And, continuing from my last vote. My former points still stand against Pheonicks. Vote: Pheonicks

Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - NIGHT 1 Time for actions! (2015-02-13)

Nick: This random vote with no explanation is completely unlike you. And you also have not said anything. You are just denying what you did, not saying anything concrete.

Soulmaster, if this is your only case, it's not a very strong one. Will you unvote before hearing what I have to say? I don't have the time for everything now, but heck, it'd be nice if someone was willing to listen first.

I don't like this Phoenicks lynch at all. It's too easy. Seven or eight (I've lost count) of you jumped on this bandwagon for no good reason. Voting Marius was not a scummy thing to do. She was jumpy.

@Paperhorse; It's more of the fact that he was constantly questioned and has been ignoring those questions and not answering people. And yet he'll get on others cases for not answering him, so he's being hypocritical.

VOTE: Phoenicks

Wait, so suddenly you think he's mafia? I thought you weren't sold on it as you mentioned here:

@Stuntology; Could you explain the case on Phoenicks, because other than him being arrogant for lack of a better word, I don't see what he's done that is particularly scummy other than that vote, and annoyingly not explaining why. However at this point it seems he did that for reactions. So what is the case on him?

Now all of a sudden you switched gears? I think you see him as an easy lynch target, especially with half the players jumping at the chance to get rid of him.

The way you suddenly switched your ideas is making me wary of you.

Vote: Midorikawa

I think Midorikawa would be a better lynch for today. I may have a neutral read on him, but the way Midorikawa switched gears all of a sudden is very telling to me.

Last edited:

Really? That is your rebuttal for my post? That is stretching what I said a lot. Ever heard of theoretical posts? I can agree that is one way of looking at it, but by no means the first way.

What post are you referring to? How is you treating it like a fact stretching anything you've said? I've heard of them but you treated it like a fact. I agree, that's why I said one way, but it's the first one because of how much of a fact you treated it.

To add on what Paperhorse said, eight votes aren't needed, especially ones that serve as only to vote him and say nothing else. The phase is still young.

Nick: This random vote with no explanation is completely unlike you. And you also have not said anything. You are just denying what you did, not saying anything concrete.

Soulmaster, if this is your only case, it's not a very strong one. Will you unvote before hearing what I have to say? I don't have the time for everything now, but heck, it'd be nice if someone was willing to listen first.
I will give you that. I'll unvote for the moment, pending your post. Unvte: Pheonicks

What post are you referring to?

You are the one who quoted me. And yet you're the one who asks what post is being referred to.

How is you treating it like a fact stretching anything you've said?

Fact stretching? Can I ask you to say this line out loud to yourself and rephrase it. This sentence makes no sense.

I've heard of them but you treated it like a fact. I agree, that's why I said one way, but it's the first one because of how much of a fact you treated it.

Mkay. Fair enough. But ignoring that fact of which inactives are on which sides. More theoretical stuff coming that ties in that game.

Have you ever played the card game ERS? In that game the only actual important cards are royalty. But in order to win, you need all 52 cards, not just the 16 royalty(Aces included).

Same principle here. In order for the mafia to win, they have to kill everybody, inactives included.

You are the one who quoted me. And yet you're the one who asks what post is being referred to.

I already replied to that before... in post #210 ...

Fact stretching? Can I ask you to say this line out loud to yourself and rephrase it. This sentence makes no sense.

"How is you treating it like a fact, stretching anything you've said?"

I think I now get what you meant by stretching, I don't think it's that big of a stretch.

Mkay. Fair enough. But ignoring that fact of which inactives are on which sides. More theoretical stuff coming that ties in that game.

Have you ever played the card game ERS? In that game the only actual important cards are royalty. But in order to win, you need all 52 cards, not just the 16 royalty(Aces included).

Same principle here. In order for the mafia to win, they have to kill everybody, inactives included.

Yes... I know that... But what does that have to do with you saying that if all the inactives were to die the Mafia would be a step closer to winning?

@Soulmaster; I have not been after you, I have just been encouraging your participation. I see now my fears are unfounded.

I won't talk about you for now unless you act scummy...

Also Pheonicks isn't reading scum..but Stuntology is. I'd like to hear why he's so jumpy on Phoenicks and other bandwagons...

Is it true you didn't respond to me because you wanted to look more suspicious? Rabbit told me this:

[13/02/2015 20:52:29 | Edited 20:52:43] Ben: *Applauds*
[13/02/2015 20:55:06] Ben: Oh, and Leggo didn't respond to your vote because of her role.
[13/02/2015 20:55:17] Ruben G: oh did she say that
[13/02/2015 20:55:32] Ben: She did.
I did respond to you. Your only post concerning me was post #86 and I responded to it on post #102 .

Though, if you're wondering why I didn't respond to Flip is because I had school.
HD desu said:
I thought that was a bad idea since it's a risky move in itself to try gain more suspicion in Day 1 when there was hardly anyone else to vote. It didn't matter though since I had a shift for all day on Tuesday. This 3PM update time for me is really detrimental in busy weekdays.
I wasn't trying to look suspicious, but it turned out that way due to my faulty logic. Like everyone, I can make mistakes that will bite me in the bum if it's in mafia game.
HD again said:
I actually theorized RainbowSkittles might have been the one that revived Leggo since Rabbit was a much better choice with his role, as well as privately contacting many people. Maybe he thought Leggo's role would still work?
Life did ask RS why did he choose me and why use the role now when in theory, it could be used for a PR, but I've been thinking that RS could have revived me rather than Rabbit maybe more on our play styles as shown noted here by RS:
Any reason why you chose to bring back Leggo, or why you used your ability now instead of later? Thanks.
Well I did it to help the Townies out and it seems to have worked

Rabbit is more of a lurker, the quieter type who tends to work behind the scenes and does private communications mostly.

And me, sometimes, I just make long posts and read stuff and make some logic with that and if I put my mind to it, I can make a good townie post.

Though, I do agree with you that Rabbit would've been a better choice of revival, but we can't let that hold us back.

Another thing, I think RS's revival ability would not do a PR good since:
  1. the mafia will know what role that PR have
  2. if it was a PR role, that it should be cop, so the doctor (if they're still alive) can protect them during the night phases
  3. it might be wasted if the mafia NK's the revived PR the following night

What irks me of Soulmaster is that he tried to draw attention to Parma/(now)PH's inactivity.
A Soulmaster post said:
And also, why me and not Parma? Parma has been even more inactive than me.
Parma made one more post than you though, I think?
By the time of this HD post, Parma and Soulmaster were even in the number of posts.

Going by PH's, HD's and Life's reasoning, the Phoenicks wagon doesn't really seem to be what it's worth. Even if Phoenicks does hit scum, where do we go from there?

This post of mine is still worth looking at.
With this:
Ahahah. I said it was a bad idea for her to use her role, not that I don't want her to prove it.
I can interpret this as Phoenicks, like me, does not want a no lynch to happen because:
  • he's actually town and wants this day phase to be productive and not wasted
  • he's mafia and he just wants to get rid of townies, so no mislynches means that the mafia has to make successful NK's
Je suis Leggo said:
Though, since Phoenicks didn't mention some kind of exception concerning him as he did get the leading vote, I'm willing to think that he could be town if he's okay with getting lynched if this means that town can reassess their views on him if he flips town.
Phoenicks is currently on "meh :eh:" stage with me. I'd still say he's worth a cop check just in case. It's better to be safe than sorry. :rolleyes:
Soy Leggo said:
Due to how Marius reacted to his random vote, I think that Phoenicks and Marius are not affiliated, so if:
  • Marius flipped mafia, Phoenicks would be town.
  • Phoenicks flipped town, Marius is mafia [rewrite (this is the same as a)] Phoenicks flips mafia, Marius is town
    or
  • Phoenicks and Marius are just so happen to be both townies
It could be possible that it is C unless someone says otherwise.
Also Pheonicks isn't reading scum..but Stuntology is. I'd like to hear why he's so jumpy on Phoenicks and other bandwagons...
So why aren't you voting for him?

Also, btw, Stuntology is not simply jumping on the Phoenicks wagon trail. Unlike Marius, Phoenicks has not tried claiming and Stuntology wants to get a claim out of Phoenicks.
Why I'm still voting Phoenicks is because, unlike Marius, he hasn't given us any indication as to what his role could be (even if knowing Marius' doesn't necessarily help with knowing her alignment). So I'm not nearly as hesitant to vote him.

And if we do lynch Phoenicks and he turns up town, I also think Denial would be the best bet for tomorrow. It seems that he's got some additional information that he's not sharing with us.

FoS: BlisseyandtheAquaJets

To me, it looks like BAJ is trying to look as if he's trying to scumhunt to look not inactive in my book.

Plus, I don't know if this is BAJ's new typing style or something, but the ellipses makes his posts seem very vague.

Like this one for example:
Wah wah wah wahhhhhh...

That role could have been useful to preserve...

In my eyes, it looks as if he knows something.

Unvote: Phoenicks
Vote: Midorikawa

I agree with PH. It is weird how Midorikawa changed her stance on Phoenicks.

Really Leggo? I don't know jack, I'm just trying to start discussion...but if you think I'm inactive...take a look at the number of posts Flop has made per phase, and call me in the morning.
Vote:Midorikawa

Leggo, I agree with you on this at least. He's a bit buggy with his reasoning.

:c This is disheartening; I was looking forward to writing more letters. ;o; Thank you for including that one though. ^^

Thanks for letting me play, Mintaka, and good luck town!!

i was totally going to post a gif that matched nb's avatar but only found gifs of a bunch of asses instead so never mind about that. =w= les just pretend i did have an amazing gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom