• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War Room Mafia: Revelations - Live Life - NEW AGE (TOWN) WINS - Ratings&Etc stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - NIGHT 3 Get your Master Ball 2015-02-19

Debating the possibility of a vote freezer plus a half voter, trying and failing (due to the half voter) to cause a no lynch.

Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - NIGHT 3 Get your Master Ball 2015-02-19

@Paperhorse;
@Soulmaster;
@HumanDawn;
@CrackFox;
@The_Pikachu;
@Flop;
@Stuntology;
@RainbowSkittles;
@Denial;
@BlisseyandtheAquaJets;
@Phoenicks;

"...well?"

The New Age team outside the reality space were waiting for a teammate to join them.

"Huh, by now, one should be kicked out of that place."

tumblr_ln398qON9D1qclt3z.gif

Even after time passed...no one was kicked out.

"So...this is good news for us then?"

They nodded. As long as their numbers were strong, it couldn't be bad news anyway.

No one was killed.

IT IS NOW DAY 4. YOU MAY VOTE.
THIS PHASE ENDS AFTER ABOUT 48 HOURS, 11 PM, FEB 22nd (GMT+9).

Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 3 You get what you asked for 2015-02-17

I said I didn't really suspect you, as in, I don't suspect you a whole lot, Paperhorse asked me for the lesser of two evils(angels?) and I picked you. The vote was to try to get you to explain yourself if anything, and nobody seemed to care about the Soulmaster case and I've already said what I had to say. My vote on him seemed pointless too.

I'm not even sure what I'm defending myself from and I don't really have time to go thread digging far back for stuff that people saw and suddenly don't see on Phoenicks because I have class soon and have to start getting ready soon for it. From there I'm not home till late and no one is on at night so yeah someone please give a proper explanation before I leave.

Paperhorse claims she found your sudden change in your opinion on Phoenicks suspicious, could you explain the change at least?

Can you elaborate on why you voted Midorikawa? In private you were very determined that Midorikawa was a good lynch. In public, she's "the lesser of two evils".

Can you elaborate on why you voted Midorikawa? In private you were very determined that Midorikawa was a good lynch. In public, she's "the lesser of two evils".

Because she was, I thought she was a better lynch than you.

Gonna VOTE: Soulmaster for what I've said before.

Because she was, I thought she was a better lynch than you.

Gonna VOTE: Soulmaster for what I've said before.

You just entirely dodged my question. Last night you were telling me how she was a good lynch target and you would have been happy to lynch her. In public you were not so outright. And she flipped scum. Please explain.

You just entirely dodged my question. Last night you were telling me how she was a good lynch target and you would have been happy to lynch her. In public you were not so outright. And she flipped scum. Please explain.

How did I even dodge it... Yes, because she was a better lynch target than you. Like I said, she never ended up showing the exact posts that made her decide to vote you despite me directly asking her and the more she avoided to do that the more I got suspicious of her and became confident in my vote, especially when you pointed out that she was more concerned with defending herself than picking up any posts to support her case. I don't know what you mean by me being less outright in public, but if I did sound more aggressive in private(and i just checked with you i don't think i was??) it might be because the votes were tied and you could have just voted her to get her lynched.

I don't know what you mean by me being less outright in public, but if I did sound more aggressive in private(and i just checked with you i don't think i was??) it might be because the votes were tied and you could have just voted her to get her lynched.
I think what Phoenicks means is that you were pro-Midorikawa lynch privately, but publicly, you tried to go for a different lynch target. Or how you might act differently privately compared to your public self.

Vote: HumanDawn

Why you may ask? I feel a different vibe from HD in this game. He doesn't seem to be his usual town self, imo. I know that it might be bad to use meta, but I feel that something is off like how Phoenicks talk about the inconsistency when it comes to actually putting your money where your mouth is, so to speak.
Also, I find it interesting how Midorikawa easily jumped in the Leggo bandwagon after HD voted for me.

There are 12 players left. I'm confirmed town and RS saved me, so the alignment of 10 is to be determined.

This means that there is a 3/10 (30%) chance that so and so is mafia.

My reads that are subject change in the future.
Leaning town
Paperhorse
Flop
RainbowSkittles
Phoenicks

Neutral (unless I read otherwise)
Soulmaster

Rest: Most likely town to least likely (in order)
The_Pikachu
Denial
HumanDawn
CrackFox
Stuntology

I think what Phoenicks means is that you were pro-Midorikawa lynch privately, but publicly, you tried to go for a different lynch target. Or how you might act differently privately compared to your public self.

Vote: HumanDawn

But there is no inconsistency... I actually debated against Midorikawa in thread, and even voted her, so I don't know what you mean by going for a different lynch target especially after I'm sure I brought up the Midorikawa stuff after I voted her.

Why you may ask? I feel a different vibe from HD in this game. He doesn't seem to be his usual town self, imo. I know that it might be bad to use meta, but I feel that something is off like how Phoenicks talk about the inconsistency when it comes to actually putting your money where your mouth is, so to speak.
Also, I find it interesting how Midorikawa easily jumped in the Leggo bandwagon after HD voted for me.

"I feel like I'm getting a different vibe from HD which I'm not going to explain, knowing that it's bad to use meta, but is justified from an inconsistency that doesn't even exist." Come on Leggo :/. Midorikawa chose to vote you herself when she could have voted somebody else who also had votes...

Re: War Room Mafia: Revelations - DAY 4 Silent Night (2015-02-20)

To be honest I agree that HD seemed to hold back a lot in thread regarding the Mido lynch. When Paperhorse asked who he suspected more out of Phoenicks or Midorikawa he said this.

Midorikawa, not that I really suspect her.

And in private shortly afterwards he told me

[18/02/2015 16:50:04] Ruben G: i'd still like to see every post found to be suspicious and explained
[18/02/2015 16:50:29] Ruben G: also i think the total being 8.5 might be because somebody might be a half voter
[18/02/2015 16:50:53] Hayley: yeah they must have something like that
[18/02/2015 16:50:58] Ruben G: somebody that voted marius/phoenicks
[18/02/2015 16:51:02] Hayley: any idea who it might be?
[18/02/2015 16:51:14] Ruben G: not exactly
[18/02/2015 16:52:39] Ruben G: probably midorikawa/soulmaster/stuntology unless i'm missing somebody
[18/02/2015 16:53:22] Ruben G: actually i just remembered since marius didn't vote anyone shouldn't she have had a vote on herself
[18/02/2015 16:54:22] Hayley: you think Mido is town?
[18/02/2015 16:55:11] Ruben G: i don't suspect her a lot but i don't think she's town
[18/02/2015 16:55:38] Hayley: what are your reasons for thinking she's mafia?
[18/02/2015 16:56:23] Ruben G: she's avoiding answering me when i then directly asked her to show the posts she found to be suspicious about phoenicks
[18/02/2015 16:57:13] Ruben G: also i think in both day 1 and day 2 she just followed my vote so it's really follower like, although i could have just beat her to it

I was confused by that. It doesn't make any sense. I asked him why he thought she was mafia and he gave me some reasons. So he doesn't suspect her a lot but he thinks she isn't town? Unless i'm missing something that makes no sense at all. When I ask him to give me reaons why she might be mafia he does so. He also makes a good point which i've noted through the game quite a bit. Mido seemed to follow his lead.

@HumanDawn; What did you mean. Were you implying you thought she was an indep? If so why didn't you mention that in thread and why did you give me answers when I suggested you thought she was mafia? You were quite late in actually voting for her too, still trying to push the SM thing.

Also @Leggo; why do you suspect i'm mafia?

To be honest I agree that HD seemed to hold back a lot in thread regarding the Mido lynch. When Paperhorse asked who he suspected more out of Phoenicks or Midorikawa he said this.

I already responded to Midorikawa about that here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/wa...-2015-02-20-a-172924/index18.html#post5471735.

I don't see how hard it is to understand, I didn't think she was Town because I didn't get Town reads from her. That was just some reasoning I thought of then that could have gone either way like I said.

Oh and about the SM thing, that was midphase, when it would have been more beneficial for me to vote somebody with a lot more votes.

I already responded to Midorikawa about that here: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f362/wa...-2015-02-20-a-172924/index18.html#post5471735.

I don't see how hard it is to understand, I didn't think she was Town because I didn't get Town reads from her. That was just some reasoning I thought of then that could have gone either way like I said.

Oh and about the SM thing, that was midphase, when it would have been more beneficial for me to vote somebody with a lot more votes.

That still doesn't make sense to me though. How can you not suspect someone 'a whole lot' but still say you don't think she is town. If you don't think she is town then you suspect must suspect her a lot? Surely, if not then why not...If you'd have said something like 'I don't suspect her a whole lot but i'm not convinced she's town either' that would make sense. When you say you actively don't believe someone is town, that's different.

It just seemed to me like you were contradicting yourself and you only really voted for her when you knew that wagon wasn't going to change in favour of anyone else.

Vote:Soulmaster

I get a bad vibe from you...that, and you seem more antagonistic this time then other games I've lurked on...

That still doesn't make sense to me though. How can you not suspect someone 'a whole lot' but still say you don't think she is town. If you don't think she is town then you suspect must suspect her a lot? Surely, if not then why not...If you'd have said something like 'I don't suspect her a whole lot but i'm not convinced she's town either' that would make sense. When you say you actively don't believe someone is town, that's different.

Because like I said, I didn't have Town reads from her, and somebody could still not greatly suspect somebody and think they aren't Town. I said in Night 1 that Midorikawa is a player that fleshes out throughout the game, I didn't get Town reads and her avoiding to make a post saying what of Phoenicks's posts were suspicious only made me suspect her, and the more she avoided answering, the more suspicious she was.

I'd understand if Midorikawa flipped Town, but she flipped Mafia so I don't really get how this matters. It's true I voted her to lynch thinking she wasn't too suspicious, but back then I thought she might have been able to sway me and convince me that Phoenicks is a better option than her, which she hadn't done because she was more busy defending herself like Phoenicks said.

How did I even dodge it... Yes, because she was a better lynch target than you. Like I said, she never ended up showing the exact posts that made her decide to vote you despite me directly asking her and the more she avoided to do that the more I got suspicious of her and became confident in my vote, especially when you pointed out that she was more concerned with defending herself than picking up any posts to support her case. I don't know what you mean by me being less outright in public, but if I did sound more aggressive in private(and i just checked with you i don't think i was??) it might be because the votes were tied and you could have just voted her to get her lynched.

In public, you said Midorikawa was the lesser of two evils. In private, you very much wanted to lynch her. You have not addressed this -- so, yes, you're dodging my question.

Nowhere in our private conversations did you point out the votes were tied, by the way. So if this is the best explanation you have, why, in private, would you be worked up about tied votes and not say anything? And if you did mind that they were tied, why not change the tie yourself?

In public, you said Midorikawa was the lesser of two evils. In private, you very much wanted to lynch her. You have not addressed this -- so, yes, you're dodging my question.

Claiming I'm dodging again it doesn't mean I'm dodging it, unless I'm missing the point of your question, because it would help if you elaborated on that. I think I have addressed this already like 3 times... Paperhorse asked me who I thought was more suspicious(the two evils) and I picked Midorikawa because I suspected her, not a whole lot but I suspected her enough to be fine with getting her lynched. I hate no lynches and people with votes who have bad reasoning on them and I'd rather have someone with better reasoning lynched over someone with a lack of good reasoning. I wouldn't have voted Midorikawa if I didn't suspect her at all.

Nowhere in our private conversations did you point out the votes were tied, by the way. So if this is the best explanation you have, why, in private, would you be worked up about tied votes and not say anything? And if you did mind that they were tied, why not change the tie yourself?

I think I did. It was when the you came to me asking for help to not get lynched and I told you the votes were tied so it was all right. It didn't load for me on Skype but this did load though:

[18/02/2015 18:54:45] Ruben G: you could just vote mido and have the majority on her and live to see another day

Also, why would I vote somebody I suspected less out of two options?? When I made the tie around midphase I wasn't worried about the tie staying that way, especially when you still hadn't voted.

I agree with this. Building off of what Phoenicks and Leggo said, Human does seem rather wishy-washy. His defense is rather weak, imo

Vote:HumanDawn

I agree with this. Building off of what Phoenicks and Leggo said, Human does seem rather wishy-washy. His defense is rather weak, imo

Vote:HumanDawn

The argument against me is weak, apparently I'm being suspected and voted because I voted for Midorikawa for not initially not having the strongest scum read on her when I confronted her with the vote. It would help if you pointed out what is wrong about the defence or what's wishy-whasy because I think I explained myself pretty well and I'm still not seeing what's strange or weird about voting Mafia, actually I have yet to see an accusation. Should I have not voted Midorikawa at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom