• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

War Room Mystery Murder 2 - Soulmaster wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
War Room Murder Mystery 2
(Ideas and Mechanics borrowed from Hellion’s game)

The seven suspects find Hellion murdered, his body found on the stairs leading to the War Room HQ.
Feralize gasps. Mintaka collapses to the ground. Paperhorse covers her mouth in shock. Rayne remains silent.
Zenax covers the victim’s body with his coat. Parma and Iteru glare at each other with questioning looks.
Who murdered Hellion? With what? Where?​

Rules and Mechanics:

The 7 suspects are: Feralize, Iteru, Mintaka, Paperhorse, Parma, Rayne, and Zenax.

The 7 possible murder weapons are: the Knife, the Hammer, the Pistol, the Whip, the Wrench, the Broomstick, and the Lead Pipe.

The 9 possible areas to visit in War Room HQ are: Library, Bunker, Lounge, Dining Room, Feralize's Office, Min's Office, Parma's Office, Paperhorse's Office, and Zenax's Office.

To make up for the lack of a board, thought I'd add descriptions for each room. But it's not necessary to read them, so hence they're all spoiler'd together.

Library
This is the biggest room on the first floor. Library’s floor is adorned with bright red carpet. No bookshelf exists in this room – there are computers, fully equipped with the necessities as well as headphones, an extra monitor for each. The computers contain records of past games that were hosted in The War Room realm. Open 24 hours a day, people are free to visit to view documentations of past games. Another feature of this room is the southern wall. It is decorated with portraits of moderators that have worked for The War Room, starting from Rayne. Pictures of the building and The War Room in the past are also displayed on the wall.

Bunker
No, it’s not an actual bunker. This is a nickname given to the basement floor. This is the biggest room in the building; it’s where the mods hold their meetings. There is a big desk with nine chairs to serve the purpose. Researches on games take place here. Hence this room has all the devices suited for the purpose, be it computers or drawers filled with issues of WIFOM Journal. The room had a construction two months ago; a portion of the basement was made into a separate laboratory where mafia game roles can be run in a simulator device to see how they’d function.

Lounge
This is located next to the stairs leading to the second floor. Guests are welcomed in this room. Hence this room is always maintained clean. Staff members take turns cleaning this room every day.
Cleaning the lounge is a lot of work with three couches, a tea table, a coffee machine, a small fridge, a television, and a trash can in the room. This is not all. Keeping Iteru from emptying the fridge and kicking him out of the building is also a task. After all, cleaning the room means ‘eliminating all threats to the room’ in TWR staff’s book.

Dining Room
This was actually the place where meetings were held for the staff, but the Bunker replaced the purpose after its completion. Still sunlight enters this big and lively room through the two windows, giving the room a warm and relaxing atmosphere. Hence this is where staff spends time to relax, and eat their meals. In the room, there is a big refrigerator (one compartment solely devoted to cheesecakes, a favorite dessert of the staff) and a microwave oven. There are also a couple sofas for the staff to rest on. There used to be a phone in this room, but Parma took it away; she judged that the staff ordered pizza too much.

Feralize’s Office
On the west side of the second floor, there is a tiny office belonging to Feralize. There is a desk in the far corner that is littered with stacks of CDs. The adjacent wall is adorned with pictures of family and various pets, as well as a wolf-themed calendar. On the floor sits a small pair of speakers that softly plays heavy metal songs while Feralize works. Two chairs meant for guests sit on the opposite side of her desk. A small bookcase on the far side of the room is lined with various novels and reference books. Atop the bookcase is a lamp whose incandescent glow softly lights the room.

Min’s Office
This is a small room located at the northern side of the second floor. Though it's known that she has bigger offices in her other workplaces, Mintaka has spent an ample time in this small room since her first days as a TWR staff. Books varying from nonfiction to mysteries are stacked in the only bookcase in an untidy way. Her desk is always crowded with papers, books, electronics, and stationery. She does have enough space for a small round table, two chairs, and a water dispenser she brought from her home country.

Parma’s Office
The only personal office located on the first floor, traditionally this room was given to the Forum Head as their personal office. Parma believes in minimalism. Or, that is what she wants everyone to think. She spends too much time in this room and only comes out at shift's end. She only holds a cubicle since all the windows in the place were blown out after a failed construction attempt on her part.
At the far end is a desk holding all of her books that she refuses to give up. The left side of the room holds a large desktop computer. On the right side of her room is a poster of a typhoon with a large poster of Homestuck characters beside it. Due to an inherent need for silence, a large assortment of headphones sits beside the computer.

Paperhorse’s Office
Paperhorse’s War Room office consists of a large desk in the corner of the room, facing towards the door. On the walls surrounding her desk are many posters of various television shows, and a 16-month wall calendar where she has circled many important dates, and penciled in appointments. She keeps most of her personal belongings in a small cabinet opposite her desk. She also has a hidden stash of chocolates somewhere that she keeps for “emergencies.”

Zenax’s Office
The office belonging to Zenax changed drastically since the day he was hired for the War Room. In a corner of the room stands his desk, atop of which rests a neatly ordered pile of books and his computer. Beside it, he placed a mini fridge filled with various sugary drinks, on which stands a small plant. A large window faces the door, optimally filling the room with sunlight; on the wall facing his desk, Zenax pinned various posters depicting popular movies, TV series and 80's music bands. A large oriental rug in the middle of the office serves to complete the decoration, giving it a warm and comfortable atmosphere.

(I didn't write the descriptions for the other staff members' offices, btw.)

~~~~~~~~​

This Mystery Game’s mechanics are close to the Clue/Cluedo game’s mechanics. If you know the board game, you’ll have a better understanding.

1. When the game is about to start, I will randomly pick from each category to create an answer – who murdered, with which weapon, and where the murder took place. This leaves six innocent suspects, six weapons, and eight rooms not related to the murder.

2. There will be six players. Each player will be given one of the six names, one of the six weapons, and one of the eight rooms that weren't related to the murder.

3. Each turn, the players will either choose to move to a different area, make a suggestion or an accusation. Moving to an area and a Suggestion are done by sending a private message to the host. An accusation needs to be posted in the public thread.

4. When in an area, a player can submit a suggestion, consisting of a suspect’s name, a weapon, and an area. If there were any clues that were unrelated to the murder out of the three, host will reply with one of the clues.

5. When disapproving a suggestion with a clue, the host will run down the clues that other players have in a certain order. The order will be decided by the sign-ups.

6. If a suggestion was disapproved, the player must move to a different area in the next Turn.

7. If a player makes a formal accusation, they must be in the area in which they think the murder took place.
The formal accusation must be stated as a post in the public thread. The host will then say if the accusation was right or wrong. If the accusation is wrong, the player will be eliminated from the game and the clues they had will be distributed randomly among the remaining players. There’s only one chance, so use the chance wisely.​

8. Each turn takes 24 hours. A turn will end at 11 PM GMT +9.

9. I will eliminate players if they do not send in an action for a second time. The clues they had will be randomly distributed among the remaining players.
Basically all you’d need to do at each turn is send me a Private Message for your next move, or make a post if you wish to make a formal accusation. There’s not much activity required to play this game. Please sign up only if you can maintain this minimal activity.

10. Discussion among players to find clues is fine, but all game-related talk has to be done within the game thread.

This is my first time hosting a mystery murder game. Please bear with me. ^_^;

PLAYERS
1. Soulmaster
2. Human
3. Aelita
4. Dark Blueberry
5. Kyouhei!
6. Sputnik

Last edited:
Re: War Room Mystery Murder 2 - 11/9

Zenax’s Office
The office belonging to Zenax changed drastically since the day he was hired for the War Room. In a corner of the room stands his desk, atop of which rests a neatly ordered pile of books and his computer. Beside it, he placed a mini fridge filled with various sugary drinks and a very cold master of souls, on which stands a small plant. A large window faces the door, optimally filling the room with sunlight; on the wall facing his desk, Zenax pinned various posters depicting popular movies, TV series and 80's music bands. A large oriental rug in the middle of the office serves to complete the decoration, giving it a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
Fixed.

I do believe I wish to try this.

MYSTERY

Yeah, sounds interesting.

In if there's a spot left.

@Soulmaster; @Human; @Aelita; @Dark Blueberry; @Kyouhei!; @Sputnik;

Okay, I sent Private Messages that have clues to begin with.

Turn 0 starts. During this Turn, please confirm in the thread that you have received your PM.
Also, you must send me a PM with the name of the area you would like to move to.
(You can only make a suggestion when you are in an area.)

While I do not mind chatting related to this game, sharing clues is not recommended. :p

When disapproving a suggestion, I will check the clues that other players have in this order:

Soulmaster -> Human -> Aelita -> Dark Blueberry -> Kyouhei! -> Sputnik (-> Soulmaster)

This means that if the player to 'your right' has a clue that can disapprove your suggestion, that clue will have the priority. If the player to your right does not have any clues to disapprove your suggestion, the next player's clues will be considered.

Last edited:
Re: War Room Mystery Murder 2 - Turn 0 - 11/10

Confirmed.

Confirmed.

Since I didn't explain clearly enough,

Also, you must send me a PM with the name of the area you would like to move to. (You can only make a suggestion when you are in an area.)

Format doesn't matter when it comes to this. Just anything of "I'll go to [area's name]" is fine.

(If you are perfectly aware of this thing, ignore this post. XD)

And to get rid of any confusion, you aren't roleplaying as anyone. So your current location is NOT the area you got in the PM.
All three elements are simply clues (if you play the board game, you'd get cards). You'll have to be in an area to make a suggestion (which comes next Turn after you're settled somewhere).

And uh, the murder did not take place at the stairs to the HQ building - the body was moved. Where the murder actually occurred, that's among the things you need to find out. (Just in case that has anyone confused.)

I'll explain about making a suggestion in the next Turn. That's when everyone will get their first chance to make one, given that they moved into an area.

I got my clues.

Confirmed.

Turn 1 starts.

For those that have moved to an area by sending me a PM during Turn 0 (I've notified twice by the way), send in a suggestion.

A suggestion must consist of all three kinds of clues - a suspect, a weapon, and an area. At the end of the turn, if there were any clues that weren't related to the murder among the ones you mentioned, I will disapprove your suggestion by mentioning one.

At one point, you might send in a suggestion and I won't be able to disapprove it. Well, congrats! It means you found the answer, and should move onto making an official accusation as soon as you can.

For those that haven't moved to an area during Turn 0, you cannot make a suggestion. You must move to an area during this Turn, or you will be automatically removed from this game per the inactivity rules.

Re: War Room Mystery Murder 2 - Turn 2 - 11/11

A new rule:
If a suggestion was disapproved, the player must move to a different area in the next Turn.

I've sent it in replies for those that had their suggestion disapproved, I just realized that I left this out of the rules by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom